Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
4-channel car amplifier 35 watts RMS x 4
Our take on the Kicker 08ZX200.4 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
If you're into cruising to great music, Kicker's powerhouse ZX Series amplifiers offer exceptional sound quality, along with distinctive, no-frills good looks.
The versatile 08ZX200.4 4-channel amp will drive your front and rear speakers with 35 watts per channel plenty of power to get top performance out of your component or full-range speakers. Or, it can power a pair of subwoofers with 100 watts each in bridged mode. Kicker's ratings reflects a true measure of the amp's power capabilities no inflated "peak power" ratings here. Efficient heat sinks and rugged internal components ensure reliable operation and clean power output, even when you crank your system hard for long periods of time.
Use the bass boost control to add extra low-frequency thump to your system. The built-in high- and low-pass filters adjust the amp's output to get the most out of your speaker setup, whether you're running full-range speakers or subs.
I just installed this amp in my Infiniti G20 to replace the factory amps. I paired it with a Kenwood KDC-MP345U and some Kenwood and Pioneer speakers. The system was easy to install and now the audio in the car sounds better than when I first bought it 7 years ago.
Allen, Southeastern, PA
What's in the Box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 30-amp ATO fuses (one installed)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 8-gauge crimp-on barrier spades
- Eight 10/12-gauge crimp-on barrier spades
- One 14/16-gauge crimp-on barrier spade
- Eight 18/22-gauge butt connectors
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Product registration card
- Certified Power certificate
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 35 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (50 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 100 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- 2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
- switchable high- and low-pass filters (80Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-1/2"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kicker 08ZX200.4 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
35 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||50 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20K Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 1|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZX200.4's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker Livin' Loud Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of that specific amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Dual Input Sensitivity Differential RCA Inputs: The ZX200.4 has two pair of RCA inputs which will accept either high or low level signals from your car stereo. The amp has an input level switch that allows you to select a low (line) or high (speaker) level input. A low-level signal from the stereo's preamp output is recommended. If the stereo lacks preamp outputs, you can use the unit's speaker-level outputs by attaching RCA plugs onto the speaker wire (optional adapter item number 136CLR2SW), and set the input level switch to HI.
Note: Both inputs must receive the same type of input signals. The input level switch controls both sets of inputs.
Auto Turn-on Selection: The ZX-series offers three different automatic turn-on modes that can be selected on the end panel. You can select from the following modes:
- Remote Turn-on: You can connect a wire from the remote turn-on lead of your source unit to the REM terminal on the amplifier. This is the preferred turn-on method.
- DC Offset Turn-on: The DC offset mode detects a 6-volt surge from the high-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on. If remote turn-on is not an option, this is the next best choice.
- Signal Sense Turn-on: This method detects the incoming audio signal from your source unit and automatically turns on the amp. This method will not work properly if the input gain control is not set properly.
Protection Circuitry: The ZX200.4's protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, improper voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is connected correctly and the protection has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Optional ZX-Series End Caps: You can add the optional ZX-series amplifier end caps (item number 2068ZXEC) to this amplifier. These plastic end caps cover the wire terminals and controls located on the ends of the amp for a clean installation. When installed, the end caps add approximately 2-5/8" to the overall width of the amplifier.
Crossover: The ZX200.4 has two internal crossovers that can be independently set for high-pass, low-pass, or turned off for full-range operation. When engaged, the crossover points are fixed at 80 Hz. The filters have a slope of 12dB per octave.
Fader Button: You can connect one or two pair of input cables to the amplifier. If only one pair of inputs is available, the amp's Fader button allows you to feed signals to all four channels from the single input pair. In this case, the fader of the source unit will not affect the output of the amplifier. If two pair of inputs are available, the amp's Fader button should be pushed in (Off Position), allowing you to use the fader of the source unit to control the front to rear volume of the amplifier.
KICKEQ Bass Boost: The ZX200.4's KICKEQ bass boost circuit provides a continuously variable 0-12dB signal boost at 40Hz. You can independently apply bass boost to the front (Amp 1) and back channels (Amp 2).
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Speaker Outputs: 4 pair of screw terminals (0.35" wide)
- +12V (power): screw terminal (0.35" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal (0.35" wide)
- GND (ground): screw terminal (0.35" wide)
- Fuse: 20-amp ATO fuse
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Auto Turn-on Selection: 3-way switch (+12V, DC Offset, Audio)
- Gain: two rotary dials (Amp 1 and Amp 2)
- Input Level Switch: 2-way push button; Low (RCA), High (speaker level)
- Crossover: two 3-way switches (Off, High, Low)
- RCA Inputs: two sets of RCA input jacks (Amp 1 and Amp 2)
- Bass Boost: two rotary dials (Amp 1 and Amp 2)
- Fader Button: 2-way push button
Amp Wiring Kit: Kicker recommends using an 8-gauge amp wiring kit with this amplifier.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.