Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Mono subwoofer amplifier 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Item # 206DX5001 | MFR # 10DX500.1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker 10DX500.1 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Bring Kicker sound quality to your car's system with a DX Series amplifier. The 10DX500.1 mono amp can drive your sub system with up to 500 watts RMS, so you can power up a high-performance woofer or two for some massive bass. Plus, the DX500.1 can handle a 1-ohm load without breaking a sweat, giving you more wiring options for your subwoofer system.
This DX amp accepts high- and low-level level signals, and you can select from three different automatic turn-on options so there's no need to run a turn-on lead from your car stereo. The amp's differential inputs do a good job of rejecting extraneous noise generated by your vehicle's electrical system. You can use the variable low-pass and subsonic filters to adjust the signal so your sub and its enclosure work together at peak efficiency, and a bass boost is available to add some extra punch if you need it (but you won't).
Kicker includes a wired remote control with the 10DX500.1 that allows you to adjust the amp's level from the driver's seat, which is especially cool if you listen to lots of different kinds of music.
awesome amp! Pushing my 750 watt kicker 15 pounds!!! Love Kicker
What's in the Box:
- Mono amplifier
- ZXRC Remote bass level control
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote bass level control)
- 20' Remote bass level control cable (RJ-25 plug on both ends)
- Four 30-Amp ATO blade fuses (2 installed)
- Four 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Power certification sheet
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 140 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (275 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- selectable bass boost (0, 9 dB at 40 Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (10-30 Hz, 18 dB/octave)
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (adapter required for speaker-level inputs)
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- includes ZXRC wired remote control with 20-foot cable
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 10-3/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kicker 10DX500.1 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
140 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||275 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-200 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||18 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||+9 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA (adapter req)|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for determining an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over the full frequency range of the amp with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels at a reference of 1 watt. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on equal footing. Measured under CEA-2006 conditions the Kicker DX500.1 is rated at 140 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 4-ohm load and the signal to noise ratio is 75 dB. Additional specs listed in the manual (but not listed as CEA-2006 compliant) include 275 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 2-ohm load (measured using a 14.4 volt power supply with no more than 1% THD+N), 500 watts RMS x 1 channel into a 1-ohm load (measured using a 14.4 volt power supply with no more than 1% THD+N), and 95 dB signal to noise ratio (measured at the rated power output).
Kicker Livin' Loud Certified Power: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage measured from the amplifier in the box, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- +12 V: the amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a 6 volt surge is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker-level source); in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected; in this mode the amp's remote terminal acts as a +12 volt output to turn on another component
Protection Circuitry: The DX500.1 has protection circuitry that will turn the amp off in the event of overheating, over voltage (over 16 volt input), under voltage (under 10 volt input), and short circuit (speaker output). If the Protection LED on the left side of the amp illuminates red, the protection circuit has engaged and the amp will not play until the problem is resolved.
Speaker-level Input: High-level inputs can be used when the source device doesn't have preamp level outputs. The same RCA inputs on the amp are used for either speaker-level or line-level connections. When a speaker-level signal is used, a speaker wire to RCA adapter is needed (item number 20609ZISL, sold separately) and the Input Level should be set to High.
Remote Bass Level Control: The included ZXRC remote bass level control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from anywhere in the vehicle. A 20' cable is included and when attached to the mounting bracket, the Remote Bass Level Control has the following dimensions:
- Width: 2.212"
- Height: 1.193"
- Depth: 1.727" (2.367" including the knob and cable)
Auto Turn-On: Three position switch; choose +12 V, DC Offset, or Audio.
Input Level: Set the two position switch to High (for speaker level) or Low (for line level).
Gain: The input gain is continuously variable, labeled 0 to 11. The gain range is governed by the input level switch; 250mV to 10V for speaker level and 125mV to 5V for line level.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a 9 dB signal boost centered at 40 Hz; the bass boost is manually turned on or off.
Subsonic Filter: Frequencies that cannot be reproduced by the subwoofer do not become sound, but unnecessary oscillations causing distortion; these frequencies also waste amplifier power and can damage speakers. The subsonic filter removes the frequencies below the crossover point to improve the performance of the speakers by eliminating this harmful distortion. The 18 dB/octave subsonic filter's crossover point is continuously variable from 10 to 30 Hz.
Crossover: The internal low pass crossover is always active (it cannot be bypassed). The crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 200 Hz; the crossover slope is 18 dB/octave.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- +12V (power): set-screw terminal; accepts bare wire up to 4 gauge
- REM (remote turn-on): set-screw terminal; accepts bare wire up to 8 gauge
- GND (ground): set-screw terminal; accepts bare wire up to 4 gauge
- Speaker Outputs: set-screw terminals; accept bare wire up to 8 gauge
- Fuses: two 30-amp ATO fuses
Right Side of Amplifier:
- RCA Inputs: one pair of gold-plated RCA jacks, used for line level or speaker level inputs
- RCA Outputs: one pair of gold-plated RCA outputs; useful for adding another amp
- Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack (phone type plug) for use with the included ZXRC remote bass level control
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.