Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
38W x 2 Car Amplifier
Item #: 206KX1502
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker KX150.2 by Crutchfield's Steven Johnson
Kicker's KX150.2 amplifier will knock you out with its reliable operation and super-clean power. The built-in variable crossover adapts the amp for different applications driving full-range speakers, components, or a subwoofer. You can adjust the bass boost for up to 18 dB of enhancement at 40 Hz.
Speaker- and preamp-level inputs are included so you can hook into any system, even a factory radio. Preamp outputs pass a full-range signal to another amplifier. A protection circuit shuts down the amp during overvoltage or reverse voltage conditions, while a second circuit guards against damage from prolonged high temperatures.Details:
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 38 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 75 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
- 150 watts x 1 in bridged mode
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs
- preamp outputs (pass full-range signal to another amp)
- high-pass/low-pass crossover (variable 50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- requires 8-gauge power and ground leads wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- unregulated Class A/B power supply offers a significant increase in power at 2 ohms
- 10-1/8"W x 2-1/2"H x 12-3/4"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- One 2-channel amplifier with a 30-amp fuse in chassis
- 6 Yellow crimp-on spade terminals
- 1 Blue crimp-on spade terminal
- 1 Spare 30-amp fuse
- Molex harness for speaker-level connection
- Four 1/2" rubber washers
- 4 Butt connectors
- Four 7/8" mounting screws
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Warranty Registration Card (return for free Kicker decal and wearables catalog)
- Certified Power certificate
Cosmetics: The amplifier is gray, and it has black, removable metal end caps.
Amplifier End Caps: The amplifier has a metal shroud that must be removed before installation, allowing access to the amplifier's inputs and outputs. Once the amplifier is installed and all the connections are made, you can re-install the end caps to hide the connections on the amplifier, or leave them off to save space. With the end caps removed, the amp has the following dimensions: 9.125"W (10.400" with RCAs) x 9.507"D x 2.410"H.
Kicker "Living Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that informs you of the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Speaker-level Inputs: High-level input harness is included to allow use with sources that do not have RCA preamp level outputs.
PAST RCA Line Outputs: PAST stands for Pre Amp Signal Transfer, which means that this amplifier has a set of full-range line outputs. The line outputs allow you to pass a preamp-level signal from this amplifier to another amplifier. This eliminates the need to use RCA splitter cords to distribute signals to two amplifiers. Note: Regardless of whether you use the RCA inputs or the speaker-level inputs on this amplifier, you will still be able to use the RCA outputs.
Built-in Variable Electronic Crossover: The built-in crossover allows you to select high-pass for satellite speakers, low-pass for subwoofers, or bypass for full range operation. The crossover frequency is variable from 50 to 200Hz.
SORT (Short circuit, Over-voltage, Reverse polarity, Thermal) Protection Circuitry: The SORT protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The Power LED on the left side of the amp glows green and the power indicator on top of the amp glows red when the amplifier is hooked up correctly and SORT has not been engaged. If the red Protection LED illuminates, SORT has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
KickBass Bass Boost: The KickBass bass boost circuit provides up to 18dB signal boost at 40Hz.
SAMS (Stereo And Mono Simultaneously): With a Tri-mode adapter (item # 127TM100), this amplifier can run satellite speakers and a sub at the same time.
Top of Amplifier:
- Gain: rotary gain control that allows you to adjust the output level
- Variable Crossover Frequency Control: allows you to adjust the crossover frequency from 50-200Hz
- KickBass Bass Boost Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the bass boost, centered at 40Hz, from 0 to +18dB
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Crossover Mode Switch: allows you to select "Hi Pass", "Lo Pass", or Off.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- 12+ (power): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.290" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.290" wide)
- GND (ground): gold-plated screw terminal (terminal is 0.290" wide)
- Fuse: 30-amp fuse
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Left Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.280" wide)
- High Level Input: Molex plug input for included harness
- RCA Input: gold-plated RCA line input jacks
- RCA Output: gold-plated RCA line output jacks
- Right Speaker Output: gold-plated screw terminal (each terminal is 0.280" wide)
Dynamic Power Rating (measured at 14.4V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 200 x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 100 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 70 watts x 2
RMS Power Rating (measured at 13.8V):
- Bridged Into A 4-Ohm Load: 150 watts x 1
- Per Channel Into A 2-Ohm Load: 75 watts x 2
- Per Channel Into A 4-Ohm Load: 38 watts x 2
Warranty Note: The warranty on this amplifier is 90 days parts and labor. If purchased through an authorized dealer, the warranty is extended to 2 years parts and labor.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.