Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Sealed truck enclosure with one 10" CompVT subwoofer
Item # 206TCVT102 | MFR # 07TCVT102
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker TCVT102 by Crutchfield's Dominic DeVito
Pickup truck owners swear by their vehicles, from sporty compacts to half-ton construction workhorses, but one thing a pickup doesn't provide is a good place to fit a subwoofer. Kicker developed the loaded CompVT enclosure to bring big bass performance to the tight spots in your truck.
The enclosure features Kicker's CompVT 10" thin subwoofer, which provides impressive bass response with its injection-molded polypropylene cone and ribbed Santoprene rubber surround, but with a mounting depth of under 4-1/2 inches. The sub's steel basket includes a perimeter venting system that cools the internal parts, so the CompVT will handle up to 400 watts RMS.
The sealed Kicker enclosure houses the sub in medium-density fiberboard, while the black and gray carpet covering and emblazoned Kicker logo give the box style for miles. You'll be impressed by how much premium bass can come from an enclosure that measures under 7 inches deep and fits right behind the seat of your pickup.
it was extremly easy to install i hooked it up to an alpine mrx-m50 and it sounds amazing i have it in my regular cab 2006 sierra
eric, new york
What's in the Box:
- Slim-line subwoofer enclosure with installed 10" woofer
- 4 mounting plates
- Four 1" mounting screws
- Eight 0.75" mounting screws
- Instruction guide
- 2 Yellow logo "KICKER" stickers
- sealed truck-style enclosure with one 10" CompVT subwoofer
- 3/4" medium density fiberboard construction covered with gray and black carpet
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 50-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 25-350 Hz
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- 19-5/8"W x 11-5/8"H x 6-3/4"D1 x 3-7/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kicker TCVT102 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||3-7/8|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Frequency Response||25-350 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||400|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Enclosure: The Kicker TCVT10 subwoofer sealed-enclosure is specially designed to stand up to harsh automotive environments. The enclosure is made of advanced material and construction techniques to maintain optimal performance for years to come. The inside of the enclosure is computer-modeled and human fine-tuned to offer a high level of bass performance. The box is covered with durable black and grey carpeting.
Mounting: The Kicker TCVT10 enclosure is made to fit behind the seat of a pickup truck, coupe or wherever space is limited and is engineered to provide the best bass response when firing into the back of the seat. The box comes supplied with 4 mounting plates to help secure it in place.
Clearance Plate: The reason the TCVT10 enclosure is slim and can fit in tight places is because of a thin metallic Clearance Plate that allows room for the mounted woofers massive magnet and motor structure.
Wiring: The Kicker TCVT10 enclosure is internally wired for a 2 ohm load at the speaker-wire connection terminal. The enclosure's silver-plated, spring loaded, binding posts are located on the left-hand side of the box an can accept 12-gauge speaker wire.
Woofer: The Kicker TCVT10 enclosure uses a front-firing 10" CompVT subwoofer for loud, pounding bass.
- Cone: The cone is a modified spoke cone design which helps it fit in this very slim enclosure. The ultra high performance injection molded polypropylene cone remains rigid and minimizes cone flex, lowering harmonic distortion. Distortion in the cone is further reduced with 360° back bracing.
- Surround: The optimized ribbed Santoprene surround allows extended cone excursion for additional bass output and higher SPL. The surround is stitched to the cone to add a mechanical fastener to the chemical adhesives. This prevents the cone and surround from separating in the harshest conditions.
- Basket and Motor Assembly: The high-strength steel basket features a low-profile open design, and provides a solid foundation for the precision-aligned motor assembly. Perimeter venting relieves pressure under the spider, supports a linear excursion, and helps dissipate heat from the voice coil and motor structure.
- Tinsel Leads: CVT subwoofers use Spiraled tinsel-lead technology, which allows the ideal amount of flex for better strength and durability. The tinsel lead wires are woven into the spider to relieve mechanical stress.
Break-in Period: Due to the complex nature of Kicker Comp VT speakers, they require a break-in period in order to produce optimum low-bass response. The high-performance suspension system makes the speaker very stiff out-of-the-box. Approximately 2 weeks of daily playing will allow the suspension to break-in and reach its optimum equilibrium. A broken-in subwoofer will exhibit stronger bass performance, smoother response, and greater low-bass extension.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.