Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Marine amplifier 150 watts RMS x 2
Item # 206ZXM4502 | MFR # 10ZXM4502
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Kicker ZXM450.2 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Kicker's ZXM marine amplifiers provide a strong foundation for a true high-performance marine audio system, standing up to the demanding marine environment and meeting your demands for pure, clean power. They set the standard for reliable marine performance, with a conformal coating on the inner circuit board that rejects moisture, plus fuses and power connections that meet marine industry standards for protection from the elements.
The ZXM450.2 2-channel amp gives you the powerful sound you want out on the water, driving your speakers with an impressive 150 watts per channel to a 4-ohm load, or a blistering 225 watts each to 2 ohms. Adding a marine subwoofer? Bridge this amp to single-channel mode and send a 450-watt bass tsunami through your vessel. No inflated "peak power" ratings here you can trust that this amp's CEA-2006 compliant rating reflects a true measure of its capabilities. Efficient heat sinks and rugged internal components ensure reliable operation and clean power output when the volume is cranked.
The built-in variable frequency filters adjust the amp's output to get the most out of your speaker setup, whether you're running full-range speakers or subs. You can use the bass boost control to dial in the perfect amount of low-end bump. The amp accepts preamp- or speaker-level signals, and its preamp outputs allow you to get signal to another amplifier in your system.
What's in the Box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier with two 30A ATC blade fuses inserted
- 2 Spare 30A ATC fuses
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Owner's Manual
- Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power certificate
- 2-channel marine amplifier
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (225 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 450 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- conformal-coated circuit board and protected fuses and power connections
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- three auto-turn on modes
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp- and speaker-level input capability
- preamp outputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 16-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||225 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||450 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 2|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Kicker ZXM450.2 Marine Amplifier's special weather-resistant features allow it to withstand the harsh marine environment to give you dependable performance. The inner circuit board has been sprayed with a moisture-deterring, protective conformal coating, and the fuses and power connections meet marine industry standards for protection against the elements.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZXM450.2's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The ZXM450.2's protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. The red Protection LED on the end of the amp illuminates whenever the amp's protection circuit has been engaged. The amplifier stays in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Automatic Turn-on Modes: For ultimate flexibility, the amp gives you a choice of three automatic turn-on modes, selectable on the end of the amp:
- Remote Turn-on: The preferred automatic turn-on method is to connect an 18-gauge wire to your remote turn-on lead of the source unit and to the REM terminal of the amp. The amplifier turns on when the REM terminal receives a +12 volt signal.
- DC Offset Turn-on: If remote turn-on isn't an option, the DC offset method is next preferred. The DC Offset mode detects a 6V DC offset from the Hi-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on.
- Signal Sense Turn-on: The amplifier turns on automatically when an incoming audio signal is detected from the source unit. The input gain control must be set properly in order for this method to work.
Gain: You can set the input sensitivity for the amplifier. You can set the gain between 0 and 11.
Crossover Frequency: The internal crossover can be set for high-pass or low-pass, or turned off for full-range operation (using a switch on one end of the amp). When engaged, the crossover is continually variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a variable 0-18dB signal boost at 40Hz.
Optional Remote Bass Control: An RJ-25 jack is located on one end of the amplifier for use with an optional ZXRC Remote Bass Control module. When the amp's crossover is set to Low-pass, you have the ability to remotely control the output level of the amplifier.
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 4 gauge wire)
Audio Inputs: One set of gold-plated RCA input jacks
- Speaker: 2 pairs of gold-plated screw terminals (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- RCA: One set of gold-plated RCA output jacks
Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack for use with optional ZXRC Remote Bass Control module
Fuses: two 30-amp ATC fuses
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.