Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Marine amplifier 70 watts RMS x 4 + 210 RMS x 1
Our take on the Kicker ZXM700.5 by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Kicker's ZXM marine amplifiers provide a strong foundation for a true high-performance marine audio system, standing up to the demanding marine environment and meeting your demands for pure, clean power. They set the standard for reliable marine performance, with a conformal coating on the inner circuit board that rejects moisture, plus fuses and power connections that meet marine industry standards for protection from the elements.
The ZXM700.5 5-channel amp will power your entire marine audio system with four powerful full-range channels, complemented by a subwoofer channel that'll serve up a tidal wave of bass. The four full-range channels each deliver an impressive 70 watts RMS, plenty for driving cockpit, cabin, or tower speakers. Hook up your marine subwoofer to the fifth channel for the powerful bass you need to make your music sound right when you're cruising. And with Kicker, you're not worried about inflated "peak power" ratings you can trust that this amp's CEA-2006 compliant rating reflects a true measure of its capabilities. Efficient heat sinks and rugged internal components ensure reliable operation and clean power output when the volume is cranked.
The built-in variable frequency filters adjust the amp's output to get the most out of your speaker setup. You can use the bass boost control to dial in the perfect amount of low-end bump, while a subsonic filter eliminates ultra-low frequencies that can hamper your system's performance. The amp accepts preamp- or speaker-level signals, and its preamp outputs allow you to get signal to another amplifier in your system.
What's in the Box:
- 5-Channel marine amplifier with three 30A ATC blade fuses inserted
- 3 Spare 30A ATC fuses
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length=3/4")
- 3mm Allen wrench
- 10 Crimp-on spade lugs
- Owner's Manual
- Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power certificate
- 5-channel marine amplifier
- four full-range channels with 70 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (85 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- subwoofer channel with 210 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (420 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- conformal-coated circuit board and protected fuses and power connections
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-200 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
- subsonic filter (24 dB/octave at 25 Hz)
- three auto-turn on modes
- CEA-2006 compliant
- preamp- and speaker-level input capability
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 20"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Kicker ZXM700.5 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||70 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||92 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||85 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||165 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-200 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||40 Hz|
|Fuse Rating||30 x 3|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Five Channels: The Kicker ZXM700.5 Marine Amplifier is essentially two amps in one. It is a 4-channel, Class AB amplifier outputting 70 watts per channel into 4 ohms, plus a Class D mono subwoofer amp with a 210-watt output at 4 ohms (420 watts at 2 ohms).
Marine Amplifier: The ZXM700.5's special weather-resistant features allow it to withstand the harsh marine environment to give you dependable performance. The inner circuit board has been sprayed with a moisture-deterring, protective conformal coating, and the fuses and power connections meet marine industry standards for protection against the elements.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The ZXM700.5's power ratings are measured according to the strict standards dictated by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging.
Kicker "Livin' Loud" Certified Power Certificate: The amplifier comes with a certificate that indicates the total maximum wattage of the particular amplifier, along with the model number, serial number, tested date, and whether the amplifier passed the total harmonic distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and protection circuit tests.
Protection Circuitry: The ZXM700.5's protection circuitry guards against accidents and undesired operation. The amp is protected by thermal protection, voltage protection, and short circuit protection. If the red Protection LED on the end of the amp illuminates, the amp's protection circuit has been engaged and the amplifier is in protect mode until the problem is resolved.
Automatic Turn-on Modes: For ultimate flexibility, the amp gives you a choice of three automatic turn-on modes, selectable on the end of the amp:
- Remote Turn-on: The preferred automatic turn-on method is to connect an 18-gauge wire to your remote turn-on lead of the source unit and to the REM terminal of the amp. The amplifier turns on when the REM terminal receives a +12 volt signal.
- DC Offset Turn-on: If remote turn-on isn't an option, the DC offset method is next preferred. The DC Offset mode detects a 6V DC offset from the Hi-level speaker outputs when the source unit is turned on.
- Signal Sense Turn-on: The amplifier turns on automatically when an incoming audio signal is detected from the source unit. The input gain control must be set properly in order for this method to work.
Top-Panel Controls: The top panel of the amplifier has three sets of rotary controls. The controls include:
- Amp 1 and Amp 2:
- Gain: You can independently set the input sensitivity for the front channels (Amp 1) and rear channels (Amp 2) of the amplifier. The gain can be set between 0 and 11.
- Crossover Frequency: The internal crossovers for the front and rear channels can be independently set for high-pass operation or turned off for full-range operation (using a switch on one end of the amp). When engaged, the crossovers are continually variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The filter has a slope of 12dB per octave.
- Sub Amp:
- Gain: You can set the input sensitivity for the amplifier. You can set the gain between 0 and 11.
- Crossover Frequency: The crossover frequency for the sub amp is continually variable from 50 to 200 Hz. The filter has a slope of 24dB per octave. It is always engaged, and cannot be turned off or bypassed.
- Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a variable 0-18dB signal boost at 40Hz to the sub channel only.
Subsonic Filter: The amp features a subsonic filter to eliminate the super low frequency signals that can rob power and damage speakers. The subsonic filter is fixed at 25 Hz with a 24dB per octave slope.
Fader Switch: If you are running two sets of inputs (front and rear, for example), the fader switch should be in the "On" position, to allow fading between the channels on the source unit. If the amp is connected using only one set of inputs, you can drive all five channels if the fader switch is in the "Off" position.
Sub Input: You can select which input feeds the subwoofer channel using the Sub Input switch. If your source unit does not have a dedicated output for a subwoofer, you can set the switch to "Amp" and feed the sub channel with the Amp Input 1. If your source unit has a subwoofer output, you should set the switch to "Sub".
Optional Remote Bass Control: An RJ-25 jack is located on one end of the amplifier for use with an optional ZXRC Remote Bass Control module. You can adjust the output level of the subwoofer channel remotely using the Remote Bass Control module.
- +12V (power): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 1/0 gauge wire)
- REM (remote turn-on): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 8 gauge wire)
- GND (ground): gold-plated set screw terminal (accepts up to 1/0 gauge wire)
RCA Inputs: Three sets of gold-plated RCA input jacks.
Speaker Outputs: 5 pairs of gold-plated screw terminals.
Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack for use with optional ZXRC Remote Bass Control module.
Fuses: three 30-amp ATC fuses.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.