Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
XM Direct XMDALP100
Connects the XM Direct universal XM tuner to a compatible Alpine in-dash receiver
Item # 209XMDALP1 | MFR # XMDALP100
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the XM Direct XMDALP100 by Crutchfield's Matt Freeman
The XMDALP100 Smart Digital Adapter allows you to connect the XM Direct universal XM tuner to your compatible Alpine in-dash receiver with Ai-net changer controls. The adapter and universal tuner are extremely compact, so they install easily behind your dash or in any other convenient location. The adapter cable also features a pass-through, which lets you connect an additional Alpine component, such as a CD changer.
What's in the Box:
- XMDirect Smart Digital Adapter for Alpine car stereos
- 40" DIN cable (Adapter to XMD1000 tuner)
- 40" RCA stereo patch cord (Adapter to XMD1000 tuner)
- 20" Dual Ai-Net cable (Adapter to Alpine head unit and pass through to another Ai-Net component)
- Installation Guide
- Smart Digital Adapter allows a compatible Alpine in-dash receiver to control the XM Direct universal XM tuner
- includes all cabling to connect to Alpine receiver
- pass-through for connecting an additional Alpine component, such as a CD changer
- dimensions: 3-1/2" x 1-1/8" x 2-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
XM Direct XMDALP100 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Terk XMDALP100 is a Smart Digital Adapter which allows you to control the Terk XMDirect Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (item 209XMD1000, sold separately) with a compatible, XM Satellite-ready Alpine car stereo receiver. The adapter includes a cable with an Ai-NET input connection, so an Ai-NET device, such as a CD changer, can be used along with the XMD1000 XM Satellite Radio tuner.
Note: Please check the compatibility list below to see if your Alpine receiver will work with this adapter.
Connections: The adapter is designed to be installed in-line between an XMD1000 XM tuner and a compatible Alpine receiver. Two cables are included to connect the XMDALP100 adapter to the XMD1000 tuner, and one cable is included to connect the XMDALP100 adapter to an Alpine receiver.
- Adapter to Tuner Cables:
- Audio Cable: A 40" stereo RCA cable carries satellite radio audio from the tuner to the adapter.
- Control Cable: A 40" P13 (8-pin DIN) cable passes control commands from the adapter to the tuner.
- Adapter to Alpine Receiver
- One one end, this cable has a single male 16-pin Molex plug (plugs into the adapter), and the other end splits into two branches: a 20" branch has a right angle male Alpine Ai-NET connector (plugs into a compatible Alpine receiver), and a 13" branch is terminated with a female Alpine Ai-NET input connector, which allows you to connect another Alpine Ai-NET compatible component, such as a CD changer.
Installation Note: Because of cable lengths, the XMDALP100 should be installed behind the dash within 2-3 feet of the XMD1000 tuner.
Head Unit Compatibility: The adapter packaging includes a list of compatible Alpine receivers. As new models are introduced, the number of compatible receivers will grow. The current list of compatible receivers includes:
Compatible Alpine Receivers
CDA-7892 CDA-7893 CDA-7894 CDA-7897 CDA-7995 CDA-7998 CDA-9805 CDA-9807 CDA-9811 CDA-9813 CDA-9815 CDA-9825 CDA-9826 CDA-9827 CDA-9830 CDA-9831 CDA-9833 CDA-9835 CDA-9847 CDA-9851 CDA-9853 CDA-9855 CDA-9857 CDA-9883 CDA-9885 CDA-9887 IDA-X001 --- CVA-1003 CVA-1004 CVA-10014 --- DVA-7996 DVA-9860 DVA-9861 DVA-9965 IVA-D100 IVA-D105 IVA-D300 IVA-D310 IVA-D900 IVA-D901 IVA-W200 IVA-W205
Compatible with Ai-Net Multi Changer/Versatile Link Adapter: The Terk XMDALP100 is compatible with the Alpine KCA-410C Ai-Net Multi Changer/Versatile Link Adapter.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.