Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
StreetWires Kit Two
8-gauge Amp Wiring Kit Blue and Clear Wire ( )
Item #: 21146081
This item is no longer available.
StreetWires Kit Two
Our take on the StreetWires Kit Two
Everything you need for excellent power delivery and signal transfer to your 2-channel amplifier is contained in this wiring kit from StreetWires. Choose your kit according to the total RMS power of your amplifier. And remember, if you're installing a 4-channel amp, you will most likely need a second patch cord.
Kit Two is designed for amps up to 175 watts x 2 (350 watts total RMS). If you're planning to push a subwoofer or two at extra high volume, Kit Two is a good choice, even if your amp puts out less than the guidelines call for. The 8-gauge cable in Kit Two will handle the current demands, plus it's easier to find 8-gauge hardware, should you decide to add a power line capacitor or a second amp.
Kit Two includes the following:
- one 16-foot Musica 100 Series RCA patch cord double shielded for improved noise rejection.
- 20 feet of 8-gauge translucent blue power cable with nickel-plated ring terminal
- waterproof, in-line fuse holder installed on power cable with 40-amp SE fuse
- 5 feet of 8-gauge clear grounding cable with nickel-plated ring terminal
- 16 feet of 18-gauge blue remote turn-on wire
- six 8" cable ties
What's in the Box:
- One 20 foot length of 8 gauge power cable with an installed in-line fuse holder and translucent blue insulation (the end nearest to the in-line fuse holder is terminated with a crimp-on power ring)
- One 5 foot length of 8 gauge ground cable with clear insulation (one end is terminated with a crimp-on power ring)
- One 16 foot length of 18 gauge cable with blue insulation (both ends are bare wire)
- One 16 foot Musica 200 stereo RCA patch cable
- One 40 amp SE fuse
- Six 6" plastic wire ties
General Overview: This is a single amplifier wiring kit that includes the cabling and accessories required to make the power and ground connections for one amplifier. The kit does not include speaker cable.
In-line Fuse Holder: The installed in-line fuse holder comes with a 40 amp SE type fuse. There are two mounting tabs on the fuse holder (mounting screws not included).
Cable Colors: The power and ground cables are made with silver-colored wire. The power cable is covered with translucent blue insulation, and the ground cable is covered with clear insulation.
Manual Corrections: The Installation Information sheet incorrectly lists the kit contents but the installation instructions are correct.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.