Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
XM Direct 2 Sony Adapter Cable
Connect your Sony receiver to the universal XM radio (subscription sold separately by SiriusXM)
Our take on the XM Direct 2 Sony Adapter Cable by Crutchfield's Matt Holliday
This cable connects the XM Direct2 universal car-only XM satellite radio to your compatible Sony receiver. XM subscription required to receive service.
I have the older module CNP2000UC which is transferable between radios. I have had no problems installing the adapter on 2 car radio's and 3 home units.
Dave, California & Texas
What's in the Box:
- 37" XMDirect2 Sony connection cable
- Installation Guide (English/French/Spanish)
- connects XM Direct2 universal XM radio to compatible Sony receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
XM Direct 2 Sony Adapter Cable Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Audiovox XMDirect2 Sony Connection Cable (CNPSON1) allows you to connect the Audiovox XMDirect2 Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (220CNP2UCA, sold separately) to select, compatible, satellite-ready Sony car stereo receivers.
Compatibility: As the firmware is released to complete the compatibility between the XMDirect2 tuner and a specific head unit, this adapter and the tuner are added to the accessory list for the head unit; please check there to confirm compatibility.
Connection/Wiring Overview: The 37" CNPSON1 XMDirect2 Sony Connection Cable features the following connections.
- 34-Pin Connector: The 34-pin connector plugs into the CNP2000UCA XMDirect2 XM Satellite Radio Universal Tuner (sold separately).
- Male UniLink Connector: The proprietary Sony UniLink connector provides a connection between your Sony head unit (via its UniLink port) and the CNP2000UCA XMDirect2 XM Satellite Radio Universal Tuner (sold separately).
- Male RCA Audio Connectors: Standard stereo RCA audio connectors directly connect to your compatible Sony head unit's Aux-in or BUS Audio-in jacks.
- Female UniLink Port: This proprietary Sony UniLink port acts as a "pass-through" and allows you to connect your existing or optional Sony UniLink CD-changer to your compatible Sony head unit. The CD-changer's UniLink cable plugs into this port.
- Female RCA Audio Plugs: The female stereo RCA plugs work in conjunction with the "pass-through" UniLink port and allow you to connect your existing or optional Sony UniLink CD-changer to your compatible Sony head unit. The CD-changer's RCA audio cables plug into these jacks.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.