Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Outdoor home antenna for SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Our take on the SIRIUS SHA1 by Crutchfield's James Ralston
This antenna ensures that you get the best possible SIRIUS Satellite Radio reception for your home receiver or plug-and-play radio. The indoor antennas included with these radios can't always do the job.
You can use the supplied bracket to mount this all-weather antenna on an exterior wall, your roof, or your boat's mast. It comes with a 30' cable that's detachable for easy routing during installation and hookup. You can get an optional 50' indoor/outdoor extension cable if you need to reach a more remote mounting location.
Works great , easy to install.
Anonymous, Pittsburgh Pa.
What's in the Box:
- Outdoor SIRIUS home antenna
- Antenna mounting base (attached)
- 30' Antenna cable (has a threaded male SMA connector on one end and a female SMB Plug on the other)
- Rubber cable boot
- 2 U-bolts
- 2 U-bolt mounting brackets
- 4 Hex-lock nuts
- Four #10 screws
- Installation Guide
- home antenna for SIRIUS satellite radios
- dimensions: 3 3/16"W x 11 15/16"H x 4 5/16"D (while upright, including bracket)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
SIRIUS SHA1 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Outdoor Antenna: This is a high-performance outdoor antenna, specifically designed to receive signals from the SIRIUS satellites and terrestrial (ground) transmitters when mounted outdoors on a home or other building. The antenna's coaxial output is a threaded female SMA connector.
Cable: The included 30' coaxial cable has a threaded male SMA connector on one end (to connect to the antenna) and a female SMB Plug on the other (to connect to the tuner). The antenna is not compatible with tuners having an F-Type antenna input.
System Requirements: In addition to the included SIRIUS Satellite Radio antenna, you must have a SIRIUS tuner and subscription to SIRIUS Satellite Radio to receive SIRIUS programming.
Mounting Options: There are three possible mounting options for the outdoor antenna:
- Wall Mount: mount the antenna base directly on the side of your home or other building
- Roof Mount: mount the antenna base on the roof of your home or other building
- Mast Mount: mount the antenna on a mast or pole, such as an existing satellite TV dish mast, an existing TV antenna mast, or another pole not exceeding 2 inches in diameter
Adjusting and Aiming the Antenna: The pod portion of the antenna (where the SIRIUS log is printed) needs to be adjusted and aimed so that it is level and horizontal to the sky. Both the Pod and Arm are adjustable and lock into place with an adjustment screw that can be tightened or loosened.
Tools Required: A Phillips-type screw driver and a 3/8 inch wrench is needed for installation. Depending upon the type of installation, a power drill with a 3/32 inch drill bit may also be required.
- Electrical Specifications:
- Frequency: 2320 to 2332.5 MHz
- Impedance: 50 Ω
- Gain: 42 dB (typical)
- Noise Figure: 0.7 dB (typical)
- Current Drain:160 mA, maximum
- Mechanical Specifications:
- Radome Diameter: 95mm
- Arm Length: 8 inches
- Material: AES
- Cable Type: RG-58 coaxial
- Cable Connectors: male SMA and SMB Plug (female)
- Antenna Connector: female SMA
- Weight: 1.75 lbs
- Temperature Range: -40 degrees F to +185 degrees F
- With Arm and Pod Horizontal:
- Length: 11.375" (overall)
- Width: 3.375" (bracket)
- Height: 4.625" (bracket)
- Diameter: 3.75" (Pod)
- With Arm Vertical and Pod Horizontal:
- Height: 10.875" (overall)
- Width: 3.375" (bracket)
- Depth: 3.75" (bracket)
- Diameter: 3.75" (Pod)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.