Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
SiriusXM Lynx™ Car Kit
Play your SiriusXM Lynx portable satellite radio through your car stereo
Item # 220SXIV1 | MFR # SXiV1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the SiriusXM Lynx™ Car Kit by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
This SiriusXM kit includes a car cradle with dash and vent mounts, a PowerConnect adapter with built-in FM transmitter, an audio cable, a wireless remote, and a magnetic roof-mount antenna — everything you'll need to listen to the Lynx satellite radio in your vehicle.
Use either the adhesive dash mount or clip-on vent mount to install the car dock in a convenient spot in your car. The included cable connects the dock to any car stereo with an auxiliary input. If you can't plug into your radio, the handy car dock includes the SiriusXM PowerConnect system that delivers your satellite radio programming through any FM radio.
You can twist the large rotary knob to quickly browse and tune channels, or pass your passengers the remote. Your Lynx will stay charged in this dock, whether you're connected via FM transmitter, through the included audio cable, or using the Lynx's Bluetooth® audio streaming capability.
The antenna attaches to your roof with its magnetic base, while the PowerConnect adapter plugs right into your car's power port to provide power to the radio. Color-coded connectors on the dock make installation a breeze. The Lynx radio is sold separately.
Mainly bought the Lynx to use in the dock and have bought additional docks for other vehicles. This dock is easy in/out for the radio and features a control dial with a pretty cool blue led accent light!
What's in the Box:
- Lynx SiriusXM vehicle dock
- PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter (with attached 55" DC cord)
- Magnetic vehicle antenna (with attached 22.75' cord terminated by a single SMB connector)
- IR remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- Dash mount
- Vent mount (with 2 extended vent clamps)
- 51" Stereo minijack cable (with a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- 4 Large machine screws
- 1 Small machine screw
- Rubber wedge
- 2 Alcohol prep pads
- Quick Start Guide (Eng)
- Quick Start Guide (Spa)
- Accessory Guide (Eng/Spa)
- FCC and SAR Statements
- "Welcome to Lynx" note
- Warranty Information
- car accessory kit for SiriusXM Lynx
- TuneMix™ lets you enjoy up to five favorites as one custom channel
- car cradle with adhesive dash mount and vent mount
- audio cable (stereo minijack to minijack)
- rotary knob for changing and browsing channels
- PowerConnect adapter with built-in FM transmitter
- magnetic roof-mount antenna
- wireless remote
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
SiriusXM Lynx™ Car Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) allows you to connect the Lynx SiriusXM Portable Radio (220LYNX, sold separately) to your vehicle's in-dash head unit using Aux In, Bluetooth stereo streaming (A2DP), or the built-in PowerConnect FM transmitter. The Vehicle Kit (LV1) also includes a magnetic mount Satellite Radio antenna, IR remote control, and mounting hardware.
SiriusXM Subscription/Activation: The SiriusXM Lynx Portable Radio supports SiriusXM programming with access to XM & Sirius Satellite Radio stations. You can receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM. The Lynx allows you to connect to SiriusXM Satellite Radio, SiriusXM Internet Radio, or both. Connecting to both services provides you with the complete experience, giving you access to all of the features Lynx has to offer.
Note: Most of the channels are the same on the SiriusXM Satellite Radio and Internet Radio channel lineups, however, there are exclusive channels found on both the Satellite and Internet Radio services. The SiriusXM All Access package (subscription required) provides access to SiriusXM Satellite and Internet Radio. Other SiriusXM Packages also available.
SiriusXM Dock Connector: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) is fitted with a proprietary SiriusXM Dock connector and is designed specifically for the Lynx SiriusXM Portable Radio for playback of SiriusXM Satellite and Internet Radio in your car, truck, or SUV.
Rotary Knob: The vehicle dock features an integrated rotary knob that lets you browse and quickly tune to SiriusXM channels.
Audio Connections: The vehicle dock has color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer XM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system
- PowerConnect FM Transmitter: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) comes supplied with a PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter which allows your Lynx Portable Radio to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash head unit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle. The PowerConnect FM Transmitter also provides power to your docked Lynx Portable Radio.
- Auxiliary input: The vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash head unit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your head unit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the vehicle dock's FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the signal of the PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: If your vehicle's in-dash head unit has Bluetooth stereo audio streaming (A2DP Profile) capability, you can connect the Lynx to your factory radio via Bluetooth (without the need for audio cables). You will still need to connect the Lynx to the vehicle dock, plug in the included SiriusXM antenna, and insert the PowerConnect FM transmitter to your vehicle's 12-volt accessory/cigarette lighter port.
Note: The Lynx is not compatible with the Hands Free Profile (HFP).
Magnetic Antenna: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be mount outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal. The antenna features a 22.75' cable terminated by a SMB connector.
Mounting Options: The mounting location of the vehicle dock should be easily accessible for controlling your docked Lynx Portable Radio and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The Vehicle Kit (LV1) comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent-Mount: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) also includes a plastic mount which allows to you to clip the unit onto one of your vehicle's dash vents.
Note: When mounting the vehicle dock in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
Optional Pro-Fit VSM: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) can also be mounted using an optional Pro.Fit Vehicle Specific Mount (item 042VSM) and the TS-01 adapter (item 042TS01). Please consult the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to see if there is a Pro.Fit VSM to fit your vehicle.
Remote Control: The Vehicle Kit (LV1) comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of your docked SiriusXM Lynx Portable Radio. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V lithium 'coin-type' battery.
- Width = 4.4375"
- Height = 3.4375"
- Depth = 1.625"
- Width = 1.375"
- Height = 0.5625"
- Depth = 1.75"
- Cable Length = 22.75'
- Width = 2.1875"
- Height = 0.4375"
- Depth = 4.1875"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.