Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
XM XADV2 Vehicle Kit
XM Dock & Play PowerConnect vehicle kit
Our take on the XM XADV2 Vehicle Kit by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
This kit includes a car cradle with a vent-mount bracket, a PowerConnect adapter with built-in FM transmitter, an audio cable, and a magnetic roof-mount antenna. The handy car dock includes the SIRIUS|XM PowerConnect system to deliver your favorite satellite radio programming through any FM radio. You can also use the included cable to connect the dock to a car stereo with an auxiliary input.
The antenna attaches to your roof with its magnetic base, while the PowerConnect adapter plugs right into your car's cigarette lighter or power port to provide power to the radio. Color-coded connectors on the dock make installation a breeze. XM radio sold separately.
unit is very easy to install,took about a half hour to install unit in dash,and about 5 minutes to run wires.wiring very flexiable and easy to hide and tuck all conections.
joe, stafford va
What's in the Box:
- PowerConnect vehicle dock
- SXDPIP1 PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter with attached 55" DC cord (DC output: 5V 1.5A)
- XVANT1 SiriusXM Magnetic vehicle antenna (with attached 22.75' cord terminated by a single SMB connector)
- 4' Stereo minijack cable (with a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Vent mount bracket (3 pieces)
- Dash mount
- Rubber wedge
- 3 Alcohol Prep Pads
- Four M4 machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety and Care Information (Eng)
- Safety and Care Information (Span)
- Listener Care info/Limited Warranty sheet
- car accessory kit for select XM Dock & Play radios
- car cradle with vent mounting bracket
- PowerConnect adapter with built-in FM transmitter
- magnetic roof-mount antenna
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
XM XADV2 Vehicle Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The XM Dock & Play PowerConnect Second Vehicle Kit (XADV2) allows you to install your XM or SiriusXM Satellite Radio Dock & Play Tuner (220XDNX1V1 or 220EDGE, both sold separately) in a second vehicle.
Vehicle Dock: The XM Dock & Play PowerConnect Vehicle Kit includes a Power/Connect vehicle dock to connect your compatible XM Satellite Radio tuner. The vehicle dock features color-coded connectors to assist you in connecting the cables to the correct connector. The vehicle dock also has a rear-panel wire-guide that can help you organize the cables and wires connected to the dock. The vehicle dock provides three connection options to transfer XM Satellite Radio audio to your vehicle's audio system.
- PowerConnect: The XM Dock & Play PowerConnect Second Vehicle Kit comes supplied with a PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter which allows your XM Satellite Radio receiver to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash headunit over and FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect. The PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the power port of the included vehicle dock and the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle.
- Auxiliary: The vehicle dock has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash headunit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your headunit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor (607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (Motorola) and the XADV2 vehicle dock's FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the signal of the PowerConnect FM transmitter/cigarette lighter adapter's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Magnetic Antenna: The XM Dock & Play PowerConnect Second Vehicle Kit unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal.
Mounting: The mounting location of the XADV2 should be easily accessible for controlling your docked XM receiver and provide good visibility of the unit's display, and should not be located where it will be in direct sunlight, which will affect the visibility of the display screen. The XM Dock & Play Power Connect Second Vehicle Kit comes with two mounting options.
- Self-Adhesive Dash Mount: The XADV2 includes a self-adhesive plastic mount which allows you to place the unit on your vehicle's dash. The self-adhesive dash-mount allows you to swivel and adjust the unit for better visibility.
- Vent Mount: The XADV2 also includes a vent mount bracket, so the unit can be mounted to your air conditioning vent.
Note: When mounting the XADV2 in your vehicle, choose a location where it will not block your vision, interfere with the controls, or obstruct the air bag.
- Car Cradle: Width = 4.0", Height = 2.375", Depth = 1.3125"
- Magnetic Antenna: Width = 1.375", Height = 0.5625", Depth = 1.75", Cable Length = 22.75'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
You will want to contact an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat to discuss compatibility. If it does not, then they will also be able to discuss other options with you. [ Krissy Mar 05, 2014 ] Staff