Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Plug-and-play XM satellite radio
Item # 220XSN1V1 | MFR # XSN1V1
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the XM Snap! by Crutchfield's Zak Billmeier
Presenting the easy-to-use, anywhere-you-drive satellite radio. The XM Snap! features a no-frills design and straightforward installation — the radio's on a flexible stalk mount that plugs right into your vehicle's power port. Just adjust the stalk to the best viewing angle, and you'll see program, song, and channel info on the radio's two-line display.
Keep it simple
Simple controls make the Snap! easy to use. You can navigate categories with the arrow keys, then twist the rotary knob to change channels. Five buttons let you store your favorite channels for one-touch access. A built-in FM transmitter broadcasts the satellite radio signal wirelessly to your car radio, plus XM includes a cable that allows a direct connection to any car stereo with an auxiliary input.
The Snap! also includes a magnetic-mount antenna with an 11.5-foot cable that attaches to your vehicle's roof, then plugs into the power adapter. You'll need an XM subscription to receive programming.
Nice and small, but display stays on the XM radio's site way too long instead of switching to the artist and song titel. Also, my dogs accidentally changed the station about 5 times when in the car the other day. Other than that, it is a great little radio and I really like it. Well worth the money.
Anonymous, Miami, florida
What's in the Box:
- In-vehicle plug-and-play XM satellite radio (with attached 12-volt/cigarette lighter adapter and integrated PowerConnect FM transmitter)
- Magnetic XM satellite radio antenna (with attached 11.5' cord terminated by a right-angle SMB connector)
- 50" Stere minijack cable (with a right-angle male 3.5mm connector on each end)
- Rubber antenna cable wedge
- Two-sided tape
- Alcohol Prep Pad
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warrranty
- plug-and-play XM satellite radio
- swiveling, flexible stalk plugs into vehicle's power port
- includes magnetic roof-mount antenna, FM transmitter, and aux input cable
- 5 presets
- 2-line LCD display shows artist, song, and channel info
- dimensions: 2-3/4"W x 3-3/16"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: 90 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
XM Snap! Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The XM Snap (XSN1V1) is a plug & play, in-vehicle, XM Satellite Radio tuner. The XM Snap offers simple controls and easy installation. The XM Snap features an integrated 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter and PowerConnect FM transmitter on a flexible stalk for plug & play connection and quick mounting of the device in your vehicle. A magnetic XM Satellite Radio antenna and stereo mini-jack cable are also included.
Note: XM subscription required. (The Snap is built on the XM platform, which offers different channels than Sirius; it cannot be added to an existing Sirius subscription.)
XM Satellite Radio: XM Satellite Radio offers a great variety of programming such as commercial free music of almost any genre (Pop, Rock, Dance, Hip-Hop, R&B, Country, Christian, Jazz, Blues, Classical, Latin), sports (MLB, NHL, college games, PGA tour), talk radio (NPR), comedy (Laugh Attack, The Foxxhole), news (CNN, CSPAN, CNBC, BBC), and entertainment (Oprah, Cosmo). XM Radio provides superior digital sound quality coast-to-coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities.
12-Volt Adapter: The XM Snap features an integrated 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter to supply power to the device. The 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter simply plugs into the cigarette lighter or 12-volt accessory port of your vehicle. The 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter also includes all the unit's audio connections, including a built-in FM transmitter, Auxiliary output, and FM output. These three connection options allow you to listen to XM Satellite Radio through your vehicle's audio system.
- FM Transmitter: The XM Snap's integrated 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter features a built-in PowerConnect FM transmitter which allows the XM Snap to wirelessly transmit audio to your vehicle's in-dash headunit over an FM frequency. You can choose from any FM frequency between: 88.1 and 107.9 MHz. You can store up to 5 FM stations so you can quickly access the stations which give you the best audio reception when using the PowerConnect.
- Auxiliary: The integrated 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter also has a minijack audio output (3.5mm) to connect the unit directly to your in-dash headunit's auxiliary input (if applicable), using the supplied 50" stereo minijack cable. When using the line output jack, you can adjust the level to match your headunit's other sources.
- FM Direct (optional): The FM Direct Adaptor ( 607FMDA25, sold separately) connects directly in-line with your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input (motorola) and the 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter's FM output (2.5mm). This optimizes the XM receiver's built-in FM modulator to your vehicle's radio, especially in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels.
Flexible Stalk: The integrated 12-volt cigarette lighter adapter is attached to the XM Snap via a flexible stalk. This flexible stalk (with swivel) allows for convenient placement of the XM Snap in your vehicle so you can access the unit's controls and view its display. The flexible stalk offers the following adjustments.
- Swivel the XM Snap left or right 90-degress in either direction.
- Twist the flexible stalk left or right, 90-degress, in either direction to rotate the XM Snap.
- Bend the flexible stalk in any direction.
Magnetic Antenna: The unit comes supplied with a magnetic antenna that is designed to be run outside of the vehicle and placed on the roof of your vehicle. The magnetic antenna will adhere to your vehicle's sheet metal. The antenna cable measures 11.5'.
2-Line Display: The XM Snap features a high-contrast 2-line LCD screen with a black background and white text. The LCD screen lets you view artist name, song or program title, and channel information. When listening to a channel, information about that channel and what is currently playing is displayed. The screen will alternate between displaying the artist name and song/program title; and displaying the category, channel name and channel number.
Simple Controls: The XM Snap offers simple to use controls:
- Power Button: Press to turn the unit On or Off.
- Menu Button: Press to access Radio ID and adjust audio level.
- FM Button: Press to change to FM mode for configuring FM channels.
- 1-5 Buttons: Press to tune to a stored favorite channel or press and hold to store a favorite channels. In FM mode, press to select a stored FM transmitter preset or press and hold to store and FM transmitter preset.
- 3-Way Rotary Knob: The 3-way rotary knob lets you tune to the previous or next channel with the current category or tune the FM transmitter channel in FM mode. By pressing the 3-way rotary knob you can stop or start scanning through channels within the current category.
- Arrow Buttons: Press to access the previous or next category; or press and hold to cycle through the XM's categories.
Channel Scan: You can scan a category and listen to each channel in the category for 10 seconds before the next channel is automatically tuned.
Favorite Presets: You can save and enjoy fast access to up to 5 of your favorite XM Satellite Radio channels.
Auto Shut Off: The XM Snap will automatically shut off after 6 hours of inactivity, when no buttons have been pressed or the rotary knob has not been turned. This features prevents the vehicle battery from being discharged if you forget to turn the XM Snap off.
In-Vehicle XM Radio:
- Width = 2.75"
- Height = 3.1875"
- Depth = 1.625"
- Width = 1.375"
- Height = 0.5625"
- Depth = 1.75"
- Cable Length = 11.5'
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.