Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Subwoofer amplifier ( )
Item #: 228SA3
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the NHT SA-3
Use NHT's super-powerful, super-clean SA-3 to drive your passive subwoofer or the built-in subs in your biampable main speakers, and get ready for soul-stirring, audiophile-quality bass!
This versatile amp has plenty of power in reserve to push both of the bass drivers in a biampable stereo pair. Or use 2 SA-3s for even more impressive bass, and stereo subwoofer performance. The SA-3 is a perfect solution for biamping NHT's VT-2.4 Home Theater Series or 2.9 Music Series towers.
- 250 watts (mono) RMS into 6 ohms at 0.03% THD
- gold-plated 5-way binding posts for subwoofer output (parallel wiring recommended for driving a pair of subs)
- continuously variable 35-150 Hz, 24 dB/octave low-pass crossover
- selectable high-pass crossover (65, 80, 100, 125, or 150 Hz) for preamp output
- 4-position selectable phase control (0°, 90°, 180°, or 270°)
- 17"W x 5-1/8"H x 14-1/2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- no speaker-level input