Egg-shaped flying drone with 4K Ultra HD camera and flight controllers
From PowerVision: PowerEgg UAV with Maestro
From PowerVision: Quick Tips Using Maestro Controller
Our take on the PowerVision PowerEgg by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Get a birds-eye view from the 4K camera on the PowerVision PowerEgg drone.
A flying egg with legs (and arms, and a camera)
It's the color and shape of an egg, and about the size of a football. The PowerVision PowerEgg doesn't look like any other drone we've seen, and that's part of its appeal.
When you're ready to fly, rotor arms fold out of the drone's body. Remove the bottom part of the egg to reveal an Ultra HD 4K video camera on a 3-axis stabilizing gimbal. Pop off the top of the egg to access the drone's rechargeable battery.
Smart flight control
You won't lack for fun options to control the PowerEgg. A two-handed, joystick-style controller is included, as is a one-handed, gesture-based controller. If you prefer to use your phone, just download the free PowerEgg app.
Whichever option you choose, there are some easy, basic controls for beginners. One touch of a button tells the drone to take off, and the Home button brings it back to a smooth automatic landing. If you need to stop mid-flight, just hit the pause button and the drone will stop and hover in place until you give another command.
Special flight modes
It's a blast to pilot the PowerEgg manually, but these hands-free modes come in very handy for aerial photography:
- Orbit - set your preferred distance and speed, and the PowerEgg revolves around you.
- Cable Cam - set multiple checkpoints and the drone will follow the path precisely.
- Follow Me - Put an active remote control in your pocket or bag, and the drone will follow as you run, bike, hike, or ski.
Before long, you'll be using the PowerEgg's camera with manual and automatic commands to turn each outing into a cinematic masterpiece.
- landing gear and propeller arms fold out from the drone's body
- landing gear opens and closes automatically at a user-selected distance from the ground
- free PowerEgg app lets you use your phone as a remote control
- 3-axis gimbal stabilizes the camera during flight
- accurate GPS/GLONASS and optical positioning
- max flight time: 23 minutes
- base station connects to aircraft on the 2.4 GHz wireless band (5 GHz to all control devices)
- real-time video transmission from up to 3.1 miles away
Ultra HD Camera:
- 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- 95° field of view
- fixed f/2.8 lens
- shutter speed: 8-1/8,000 sec.
- ISO range: 100-1,600
- 3/5/10 frames per second in burst mode
- time lapse and self-timer modes
- records to microSD memory card
- PowerEgg base station and stand
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- joystick-style flight controller
- compact PowerEgg Maestro™ gesture-based handheld controller
- proprietary charging cable
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 18-3/4"W x 10-3/4"H x 18-3/4"D (with arms extended)
- weight: 4.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee