Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Powered subwoofer with remote (Black)
Item # 2323500RB | MFR # DLS-3500RB
This item is no longer available.
Newer model available
Definitive Technology SuperCube 2000
Our take on the Velodyne DLS-3500R by Crutchfield's Tom Mathew
Advanced subwoofer with a remote control
Velodyne's remarkable DLS-3500R delivers deep, clean bass, using a 160-watt amplifier and advanced circuitry that controls the sub's performance with pinpoint accuracy. The included remote lets you adjust the volume and select from four preset listening modes, so you can dial in the perfect bass settings from the comfort of your favorite chair.
Precision digital signal processing
The key to the DLS-3500R's exceptional sound is in its digital signal processing (DSP) circuitry. DSPs are embedded computer chips that monitor the audio functions of the subwoofer. It's like having your bass controlled with the accuracy of a high-speed computer.
Flexible bass control at the push of a button
The '3500R's remote lets you select from four customized audio presets to fine-tune the bass to suit your tastes and source material. Choose from Movies, Rock, Jazz/Classical, and Games. Another push of a button engages the sub's Night Mode for polite late-night listening sessions. And a four-position selectable phase control ensures seamless blending with your main speakers.
What's in the Box:
- Black powered subwoofer
- 1 Grille (installed)
- 1 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User's Manual
- Owner's Registration card
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- 160-watt RMS amplifier
- 8" front-firing driver
- frequency response 35-140 Hz (±3dB)
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz low-pass crossover
- stereo line-level input with crossover bypass switch
- stereo line-level output with 80 Hz or 100 Hz high-pass crossover
- speaker-level inputs and outputs with binding post connectors
- 4-position phase control (0º, 90º, 180º, and 270º)
- volume control
- auto power on/off
- remote control included
- 12"W x 15-9/16"H x 16-1/4"D
- warranty: 5 years parts and labor for drivers, 3 years parts and labor for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Velodyne DLS-3500R Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Composition||Reinforced fiber|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||80 or 100 Hz|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||160|
|Frequency Response||35-140 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Maximum Dynamic Power Amplifier: The DLS-3500R amplifier is capable of delivering enormous continuous and reserve dynamic power. The subwoofer is driven by 160 watts of continuous RMS power and 350 watts of dynamic power.
Reinforced Fiber Driver: To compliment the powerful amplifier, the subwoofer uses an extended excursion driver with a reinforced fiber cone and foam surround. The driver is engineered with a vented pole-piece that increases power handling and assures long-term reliability.
Distortion Limiting System: This system, programmed into the subwoofer's DSP, maximizes usable amplifier power and provides maximum available cone travel without overdriving. The software parameters used for the DLS system are customized for each DLS-R amplifier and driver. With digital precision, it is possible to achieve the maximum allowable performance from both the amplifier and woofer motor structure without overdriving either. The result is deeper bass extension, bigger impact and cleaner output.
Bass-reflex Design: The cabinet features a slot-loaded, front-firing, bass-reflex design. This approach minimizes the distortion created in ported cabinets known as "port noise" and maximizes bass impact.
Anti-clipping Circuitry: The sub incorporates anti-clipping circuitry to limit amplifier clipping distortion.
Low-pass Crossover: The crossover control allows you to adjust the upper limit of the subwoofer's frequency response from 40 to 120 Hz.
High-pass Crossover: The high-pass crossover can be set to 80 or 100 Hz. This crossover is functional on both line and speaker-level outputs.
DSP Controlled: Presets for customized listening, volume control, night mode, low-pass crossover, phase, anti-clipping and overdrive protection are all controlled with the precision of a high-speed computer. DSP technology means that the subwoofer delivers the cleanest, deepest, and highest output bass possible, while maintaining a flat, detailed and accurate frequency response.
Remote Control: The supplied remote lets you control the following functions:
- Power: This button forces the subwoofer into standby mode. The woofer will not play and the LED will turn off. The unit will remain in this mode until the power button is pressed again.
- Mute: This button mutes the subwoofer.
- Phase: This control allows you to optimize the subwoofer performance based on its location and your listening position. You can select one of the following settings: 0°, 90°, 180°, or 270°.
- Light: If you wish, you can deactivate the blue front panel light on this unit.
- Night: Night mode limits the maximum output of the subwoofer for late night listening.
- Volume +/-: This control allows you to balance the output from the subwoofer to the main speakers in your system. You can also control the volume from the back panel of the subwoofer.
- Presets: You can choose
any of the following presets:
- Movies: maximum output and impact for explosions and other action adventure movie content
- R&B - Rock: provides the driving bass found in today's rock music
- Jazz - Classical: offers the tightest, cleanest, lowest distortion bass
- Games: maximum loudness available for the impact of video games
Subwoofer Direct: To bypass the subwoofer's internal crossover when the unit is being fed a low-pass signal from another crossover, simply select the Subwoofer Direct mode. This will eliminate the internal crossover from the signal path.
Auto Turn-on Function: With this function in the "active" position, the subwoofer will turn itself on automatically when an audio signal is present. If no signal is present for a period of time, the unit will switch to standby mode.
Preamp Level Input: The line-level jacks should be used when connecting the subwoofer to a pre-amp, signal processor, line-level crossover, or receiver with pre-amp level outputs.
Preamp Level Output: This stereo line-level output has an 80 or 100 Hz high-pass crossover for use with a pre-amp.
Speaker Level Input: The speaker-level jacks connect directly to the speaker outputs of any amplifier, integrated amplifier, or receiver.
Speaker Level Output: The speaker outputs send a crossed-over signal to the front speakers. This output is affected by the high-pass crossover, which can be set to 80 or 100 Hz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.