Simple Control Simple System™ and Simple Hub
Includes iOS® app, Simple Hub, software license, and 12-month Simple Service™ subscription
Simple Control Simple System™ and Simple Hub - Use your iPhone®, iPad®, or Apple Watch® for control (iOS® devices not included)
Simple Control Simple System™ and Simple Hub - Use your Apple Watch (not included) for device control
From Simple Control: Simple System App
Our take on the Simple Control Simple System™ and Simple Hub by Crutchfield's Kramer Crane
A smart control solution for all of your devices
Is your smart home outfitted with an array of audio/video gear and home automation equipment? If the answer is yes, I recommend checking out Simple Control's Simple System. Their iOS-based software turns your iPhone or iPad into a whole-house command center, letting a single app replace the multitude of existing smart device apps on your phone. The included hub even lets you issue commands and make changes to your system anywhere you have access to the internet.
What you get
This Simple System package includes the Simple Control System app, the Simple Hub and activation license, and a 12-month Simple Service subscription for control of up to 100 A/V and smart home devices. Renewal of the service is an additional $49.99/year. See all of the Simple Control subscription options here.
Navigate the program guide of your cable box right from the app.
What is Simple Control?
Simple Control is a universal remote control software system that runs on your iOS devices. It uses Wi-Fi to give you touchscreen control of your home entertainment components and smart home devices.
Use it to navigate the menus of your audio/video receiver, TV, cable box, Blu-ray player, and other A/V gear. It also provides a host of home automation control for compatible thermostats, lights, power outlets, and other network-connected equipment.
What does it work with?
Simple Control has built-in navigation for a wide range of smart devices including Amazon Echo, Apple TV, Sonos, Nest, Philips Hue, and many others. See their device compatibility list for a full list of supported gear.
Set up your Simple Control system on your iOS device
The Simple Control app lets you configure your equipment right on your iOS device, so no computer is needed. In many cases, the app will auto-detect the smart home gear on your network. There may be manual configuration required for some pieces of equipment. Crutchfield's free lifetime tech support is included with your purchase to help with questions along the way.
It works with legacy gear, too
Simple Control isn't just for smart devices. It also works with any piece of A/V gear that uses a remote control. With an optional infrared transmitter and IR blasters, you can use your iOS device to send commands to any A/V component in your system.
- universal remote control software system for iOS devices
- includes the Simple Control System app for iOS devices, Simple Hub and activation license, and a 12-month Simple Service subscription
- renewal of the Simple Service is an additional $49.99/year
- see all of the Simple Control subscription options here
- control A/V and smart home devices, up to 100 total
- navigate the menus of your audio/video receiver, TV, cable box, Blu-ray player, and other A/V gear
- provides control for compatible thermostats, lights, power outlets, and other network-connected equipment
- included Simple Hub provides:
- remote access, which lets you issue commands and activate activities when away from home
- real-time synchronization of your Simple Control settings across all of your iOS devices
- timed triggers, like "turn off the TV in 90 minutes" or "open the shades at 9 a.m."
- voice control via Amazon Echo or SmartThings hub
- configuration lockdown, which lets all Simple Control devices be locked so that their configurations cannot be changed
- Simple Control is not currently available for Android™ devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Simple Hub
- 61" USB power cable (Type A USB on one end and DC barrel connector on other end)
- AC adapter (5V 2000mA)
- 80" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- Simple System - Let's Get Started
- Setting Up a Simple Hub
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Simple System + Simple Hub from Simple Control is a complete home control system. It lets you control many of the electronic devices from your iPhone or iPad via Wi-Fi and the Simple Control app. The Simple Hub connects to your router via the supplied Ethernet cable. It can be used to integrate your Simple Control System with Amazon Echo and Samsung SmartThings devices. This package includes the Simple Hub, and the license and software key to unlock the potential of the Simple Control System.
Simple Control System: The Simple Control system lets you use your iPhone or iPad to communicate with your AV and smart home devices over your Wi-Fi network. The Simple Control app is an interface that turns your iPhones and iPads into remote controls for your TVs, Blu-ray players, AV receivers, media players, Satellite Receivers (Dish, DirecTV, TiVo), and projectors. All of the commands found on the original remote are found on the interface. You can also control your streaming devices (Apple TV, Roku, etc.), have access to all of your digital media, control your Sonos speakers, and control the lighting in your home.
Simple Control App: The Simple Control app, available from the iTunes App Store, comes in three versions:
- Simple Control One: This Free Trial Edition lets you control a single media player or set-top box (DirecTV, Dish, or TiVo). No program guides are available with this version. Additional devices (with guides) can be added with a $4.99 in-app purchase.
- Simple Control Home: This Build-As-You-Go Edition lets you control up to 3 devices, add media guides, and add a Simple Hub. The Simple Control Home app is $9.99 at the App Store.
- Simple Control System: This Complete Home Control Edition lets you control every compatible device in your home (up to 100). Program guides for all of your connected media players are included. This app requires the purchase of the Simple System license.
Connections: The Simple Control Simple Hub has the following connections:
- Ethernet: The RJ-45 port connects the Simple Hub to your local network, either to your router, or an Ethernet switch connected to your router. An 80" Ethernet cable is included.
- HDMI: You can connect the Simple Hub to a TV using an HDMI cable (not included). This lets you view the live status of the Simple Hub software.
- AV: This 3.5mm AV jack also lets you connect the device to a TV via an optional AV cable.
- DC Power: The Simple Hub is powered by the supplied DC 5V power supply and USB power cable.
- USB Ports 1 & 2: Two Type A USB ports are provided on the side of the device for connecting to a keyboard or mouse for maintenance or updates.
- Micro SD Slot: For service and maintenance only.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
From the manual: "The Simple Control client is purchased and downloaded from the App Store. It supports up to three devices, but no guides. You can purchase support for additional devices via a Simple Service subscription at store.simplecontrol.com or in-app at Settings > Simple Store. IMPORTANT: Be sure to create a Simple Control account at https://store.simplecontrol. com/index.php/customer/account/login/ before making a purchase, as your Simple Control purchases are linked to your Simple Control account." You can download the manual by clicking the link for it under the "What's in the Box" heading on the system's main webpage. I hope that helps. My Bio: https://www.crutchfield.com/bio/Ryan [ Ryan Nov 15, 2017 ] Staff