Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
MTX ThunderForm Unloaded Enclosure
Holds a single 10" sub fits 1988-2007 Chevy Extended Cab pickups (Gray)
Our take on the MTX ThunderForm Unloaded Enclosureby Crutchfield's Jo Greene
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
This enclosure comes without a speaker you install your favorite 10" subwoofer. For best results, MTX strongly recommends using a speaker designed for an enclosure with a volume of 0.9 cubic feet. The enclosure mounts under the driver's side rear seat of select 1988-2007 Chevy Extended Cab pickups.
Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.
- custom-fit gray subwoofer enclosure for 10" sub
- mounts under rear seat on driver's side
- fiberglass construction
- volume: 0.9 cubic foot (sealed)
- dimensions: 30"H x 12-3/4"W x 9-1/2"D
- mounting depth: 5"
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Custom-fit unloaded 10" subwoofer enclosure
- Installation instructions
Features and Specs
|Number of Boxes||1|
|Number of Speakers Per Box||1|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 3/16|
|Maximum Speaker Depth (inches)||5-3/4|
|Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.9|
|Second Depth (inches)||9-1/2|
|Wood Thickness (inches)||0|
|Speaker Wire Connectors||Spring Post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
Vehicle-Specific Custom Enclosure: The enclosure mounts on the driver side, under the rear seat on a 1988-2006 Chevy Extended Cab Truck (factory jack kit is not disturbed). Also fits 1988-2001 GMC Pick-ups with 3rd door.
Note: Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit for your vehicle.
Construction: The sealed enclosure features fiberglass construction and comes in factory colors (Charcoal, Grey, Maroon, Red & Tan).
Tools For Installation:
- Powered screwdriver
- #2 Phillips head bit
- 6" Bit holder extension
Note: Bolts to floor of vehicle.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.