Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Custom-fit subwoofer for
2004-up Ford F-150 regular cab (Charcoal)
Item # 236F150RCT | MFR # F150R04C24-T45
$549.99 Earn up to 550 Rewards points
Our take on the MTX ThunderForms by Crutchfield's Ken Nail
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers — you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. ThunderForm enclosures fill the nooks and crannies of your vehicle with low tones that stand out, but their factory look blends right in.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. Each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle, so you get great bass without losing any space. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances — they deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The airtight enclosure provides the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response.
ThunderForms house rugged Terminator subwoofers — their strong, light cones and special suspension design ensure high output and low distortion. A venting system keeps them cool so they'll handle the heat — even if you've got the volume cranked.
- custom-fit subwoofer
- enclosure fits behind seat
- high-density polyethylene resin enclosure
- two 12" Terminator 4-ohm subwoofers
- power range: 100-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak power)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Charcoal ThunderForm enclosure loaded with two 12" Thunder4500 subwoofers
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Large self-tapping screws
- 1 "MTX Audio" sticker
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
Thunder4500 Woofers: This enclosure comes loaded with two 12" Thunder4500 dual voice coil woofers. Each woofer has two 4-ohm voice coils. The woofers are wired together to present a 4-ohm load.
- Carbon-filled Polypropylene Cones: Each woofer cone is made of carbon-filled polypropylene. Carbon adds strength and heat resistance to polypropylene; the result is reduced distortion and improved reliability. In addition, the cone is also very resistant to environmental extremes. Each woofer uses a polyether foam surround.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
- Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
- Voice Coils: The voice coils are wound on high-temperature formers to promote high power handling.
- Strontium Ferrite Magnets: The strontium ferrite magnets yield highly efficient speakers.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.