Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Ported enclosure with two 10" JackHammer 45 subwoofers
Item # 236JH4510X | MFR # JH4510-X2D
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the MTX JH4510-X2D by Crutchfield's Gabrielle Thorndyke
MTX puts decades of box-building experience into their JackHammer Series enclosures. Built to showcase MTX's JackHammer subwoofers, each enclosure starts with extra-strength 3/4" MDF panels with interlocking construction for stability, then adds a side-firing port for hard-hitting bass. The 8-gauge compression terminals provide better contact and make hookups easy. Angled corners and distinctive finishes make these enclosed subs look as amazing as they sound.
The JH4510-X2D enclosure handles up to 400 watts RMS and houses two 10" JackHammer 45 Series subwoofers, wired for 2-ohm impedance so you get the most out of your mono amp. A matte black, PVC vinyl-covered double baffle shows off your subs and adds firing depth, while the angled back fits snugly against a seat back.
Its every thing i wanted except it took a while to install
Anonymous, Los Angeles , Ca
What's in the Box:
- Hatchback subwoofer enclosure loaded with two 10" MTX JackHammer JH4510 woofers
- ported enclosure with two 10" JackHammer 45 Series subwoofers
- MDF construction with angled corners
- matte black vinyl-covered double baffle
- two 10" polypropylene woofers with stitched rubber surrounds
- 2-ohm impedance
- frequency response: 38-150 Hz
- power handling: 200-400 watts RMS (800 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- 28-7/8"W x 14-7/8"H x 16-7/8"D1 x 14-1/4"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX JH4510-X2D Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10 x 2|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Second Depth (inches)||14-1/4|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Frequency Response||38-150 Hz|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||400|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The MTX JackHammer JH4510X2D is a dual 10" subwoofer enclosure. The vented enclosure houses two 4Ω, 10" JackHammer 45 series woofers wired in parallel to present a 2Ω load at the enclosure's one set of speaker terminals.
Vented Enclosure: The enclosure is made of 3/4" MDF, joined together using interlocking dado and v-groove construction. It's covered in black carpet on five sides and the front panel features a flat black PVC cover. The corners have rounded edges for a hand-built, custom look. The rear panel of the enclosure is built with an 80° angle so it can fit tight against the back of the rear seat. The enclosure also has a side-firing slot port for maximum output, and nickel-plated compression terminals (spring posts) that can handle up to 10 gauge bare wire, pin connectors, and single or dual banana plugs.
Dual 10" Woofers: The JH4510X2D features two MTX JackHammer 45 series 10" woofers featuring:
- Polypropylene Cone: The woofer features a silver-colored, stitched polypropylene cone with an industrial-looking "riveted" dust cap design and MTX Audio Jack Hammer logo. Polypropylene is lightweight yet durable and offers efficient, dependable bass response.
- Rubber Surrounds: Each Jack Hammer series woofer features a rubber surround that is stitched directly to the cone for durability. The woofer's rubber surround uses FEA optimized roll geometry to maximize excursion without sacrificing cone surface area.
- Voice Coil: The woofer's voice coil is wound with 428-degree High Temperature wire to ensure reliability at any volume.
- Spider Plateau Venting Technology: The Jack Hammer series woofer uses proprietary Spider Plateau Venting technology which helps push hot air out of the voice coil and bring cool air in, adding to the reliability of the subwoofer and keeping it cool even in the hottest vehicles.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System: The woofer's Asymmetrical Linear Drive System combines a flat progressive spider with an extended pole piece to reproduce smooth, linear motion for incredibility crisp, clean sound.
- Stamped Basket: The JH45 subwoofer has a stamped basket design for structural strength, a stamped back panel, and a large rubber boot protecting the woofer's magnet.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.