Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
MTX Amplified ThunderForms
1993-97 Ford Ranger/Mazda B Series Regular Cab (Tan)
Item # 236RMP1ATN | MFR # RMP10AT-TN
$549.99 Earn up to 550 Rewards points
Our take on the MTX Amplified ThunderForms by Crutchfield's Jo Greene
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. But with custom ThunderForm enclosures, you can fill the nooks and crannies of your car, truck, or SUV with low tones that stand out.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. With "rotational molding," MTX ensures that each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances and deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The enclosure is seamless and airtight, with the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response from the subwoofers.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with one premium-quality 10" Terminator subwoofer modified especially for amplified Thunderforms, and powered by a specially-designed 200-watt mono amp. It mounts behind the passenger seat of a 1993-97 regular cab Ford Ranger or Mazda B-series truck. There is no loss of leg room except with the standard bench seat. The jack may need to be relocated. Hardware is included.
What's in the Box:
- Tan amplified ThunderForm enclosure loaded with one 10" Terminator subwoofer and a 20A ATC fuse
- Wiring harness (20' power lead/3' ground lead and 3' remote turn-on lead)
- 1 Fuse holder with attached wire loop
- One 20A ATC fuse
- One 0.202" crimp-on ring
- One 0.414" crimp-on ring
- 1 Yellow butt connector
- Two 5' RCA high-level input wires (each wire has an RCA connector on one end and tinned wire on the other end)
- External bass control with attached 17.5' cable (has a right-angle minijack stereo connector)
- 1 Plastic knob (for the external bass control)
- 1 Metal mounting bracket
- Two 3/4" self-tapping screws
- 1 Medium flat washer
- 2 Small flat washers
- 2 Lock washers
- 1 Hex nut
- One 3-3/4" cable tie
- 1 External bass control sticker
- 2 Metal brackets
- Two 3/4" wood screws
- high-density polyethylene enclosure
- one Terminator 10" subwoofer
- built-in 200-watt RMS amplifier
- variable low-pass filter (43-165 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- frequency response 20-165 Hz
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
Terminator Woofer: This enclosure comes loaded with one 10" Terminator woofer.
Note: The woofer has an unusual impedance, specifically designed with the amp, and cannot be replaced with a standard MTX model.
Class D Amplifier: The enclosure contains a built-in 200-watt Class D (digital) amplifier that allows RCA or speaker-level input. The amplifier is highly efficient and designed specifically for use with the subwoofer in the enclosure.
Built-in Low-pass Filter: The low-pass filter frequency can be varied from 50 to 150 Hz for a seamless transition between the output of this unit and that of the other speakers in the vehicle.
Auto Turn-On Feature: When the speaker level inputs are used, the system will automatically turn on and off with the radio.
Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when the preamp level inputs are used, unless the remote turn-on lead is connected.
External Bass Control: The external bass control allows you to adjust the bass level from anywhere in the vehicle.
- Gain Control: rotary control that allows you to set the gain of the amplifier
- Crossover Control: rotary control that allows you to adjust the crossover from 50 to 150 Hz
- Input: left and right RCA jacks; these jacks allow speaker-level input when the supplied RCA high-level input wires are connected
- EBC: mini-jack for use with supplied external bass control
- Harness: 3-pin jack for use with supplied wiring harness
- Fuse: installed 20A ATC fuse
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.