Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Fits 1993-97 Ford Ranger and 1994-97 Mazda B Series (Regular Cab) (Tan)
Item # 236RMP1TTN | MFR # RMP10T-TN
$449.99 Earn up to 450 Rewards points
Our take on the MTX ThunderForms by Crutchfield's Jo Greene
Crinkled french fries, discarded receipts, old gum wrappers you probably have everything in the hidden corners of your vehicle except great bass. But with custom ThunderForm enclosures, you can fill the nooks and crannies of your car, truck, or SUV with low tones that stand out.
MTX engineers evaluate the "sonic signatures" of top-selling vehicles so they can design ThunderForms as custom acoustic matches. With "rotational molding," MTX ensures that each ThunderForm fits and blends inconspicuously into your vehicle. They're made of high-density polyethylene resin to curb resonances and deliver bass that's tight, hard-hitting, and way down low. The enclosure is seamless and airtight, with the correct internal volume to yield optimum bass response from the subwoofer.
This molded MTX ThunderForm comes loaded with a premium-quality 10" Terminator speaker and mounts behind the passenger seat of a 1993-97 regular cab Ford Ranger or 1994-97 Mazda B-series truck. There is no loss of leg room except with the standard bench seat. The jack may need to be relocated. Installation hardware is supplied. For the ultimate in Thundering bass, drive one with an MTX Thunder amp.
What's in the Box:
- Tan ThunderForm enclosure loaded with one 10" Terminator subwoofer
- 2 Metal brackets
- Eight 3/4" self-tapping screws
- 1 "MTX Audio" sticker
- high-density polyethylene resin enclosure
- single 10" 4-ohm Terminator subwoofer
- mounts behind the passenger seat
- frequency response 35-150 Hz
- power range 50-200W RMS
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Molded Enclosure: The molded, high-density polyethylene resin enclosure resists flexing and dampens resonance.
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System (ALDS): The Asymmetrical Linear Drive System consists of a flat, progressive spider that improves suspension and an extended vented pole piece that smoothes out the cone's linear motion. The result is high output and low distortion.
- Spider Plateau Venting: Heat from the voice coil is vented through metal-mesh covered vents that surround the back of the spider.
- Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound on a high-temperature former to promote high power handling.
- Strontium Ferrite Magnet: The strontium ferrite magnet yields a highly efficient speaker.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
Sorry, no. At this time, Tan is the only color available for this custom enclosure. While I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, I hope the information helps. My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=5 [ Ryan Aug 17, 2016 ] Staff