Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
10" midbass speaker with 8-ohm voice coil
Item # 236RTX108 | MFR # RTX108
$89.99 each Earn up to 90 Rewards points
Our take on the MTX RTX108by Crutchfield's John Pollard
They'll hear you coming
Are you looking to play your music loud? If so, you'll want to check out MTX's Road Thunder Extreme speakers, which use PA system technology to bring concert sound levels to your car. MTX built the RTX108 10" midbass speaker to fill in the frequencies in between where your tweeters and subwoofers play. And, believe us — this incredibly efficient speaker will give you plenty of volume when you feed it some serious power.
Built for high power
The RTX108 handles up to 250 watts RMS thanks to its hefty magnet, treated paper cone, and cloth surround. You can also easily run two of these 8-ohm speakers with a single amplifier channel, great news if you're installing two in each door. You can install this speaker in an enclosure if you want, but it works great in a free-air applications.
Note: This package contains one speaker. You'll need an external amplifier to drive this speaker properly an in-dash stereo won't have enough power.
- 10" midbass speaker with 8-ohm voice coil
- treated paper cone
- treated cloth surround
- power range: 50-250 watts RMS (750 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 70-4600 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- mounting depth: 4-5/16"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- One 10" Midbass driver
- Specification sheet
- Fs (resonant frequency): 58.7 Hz
- Qms (mechanical Q at Fs): 12.875
- Cms (suspension compliance): 0.207 mm/N
- Mms (diaphragm/coil mass, including acoustic load): 36.538 g
- Rms (suspension's mechanical resistance): 1.019 kg/s
- Vas (equivalent compliance volume): 37.116 liters
- Xmax (maximum linear peak): 0.72 mm
- D (cone diameter): 8.39"
- Sd (cone area): 356.33 cm² (0.035633 m²)
- Vd (peak displacement volume): 0.026 liters
- Qes (Electrical Q at Fs): 0.771
- Re (voice coil DC resistance): 5.50 Ω
- Le (Voice coil inductance): 0.679 mH
- Bl (force factor): 9.67 Tm
- Qts (total Q at Fs): 0.727
- η0 (reference efficiency): 0.938%
- Peak Power: 750 watts
- SPL: 94.0 dB
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz to 4.6 kHz
- Recommended Crossover: 100 Hz high pass
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Great sound[ oneil Jun 23, 2017 ]
1 question already asked
I used these as replacement speakers for a home system speaker boxes.[ John May 03, 2015 ]