Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
75W x 2 Car Amplifier
Item # 236T8302 | MFR #
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the MTX Thunder8302
If you're really serious about your car-audio performance, then look no further than Thunder8000 amplifiers the pinnacle of MTX engineering!
The Thunder8302 is designed for head-turning power and clarity. It's loaded with the best of MTX's innovative technology, including super-fast MOSFET power supplies, pure N-Channel design (ultra-clean MOSFET power), and low-impedance/high-power transformers (which produce less heat for more stable performance).
You can boost your bass up to 18 dB at 40 Hz with Thunder EQ the EBC port is provided for Thunder EQ remote control. The high-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) crossovers permit precise control over your soundshaping. A built-in compression circuit keeps amplifier output clean during peak passages, protecting your speakers.Details:
- 75 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode
- stereo or bridged mono output
- Tri-way capable (Tri-Way crossover required)
- 40-200 Hz high/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave high-pass, 24 dB/octave low-pass with mono output
- variable high-pass, low-pass, or full-range preamp outputs
- PWM MOSFET switching power supply
- Thunder EQ bass boost
- compression circuitry guards against damaging speakers during loud musical passages at high sound-pressure levels
- EBC2 port
- 9-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 11-1/2"D
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- Black 2-channel MTX Thunder 8302 amplifier with chrome trim
- Two 30-amp blade fuses (installed)
- Warranty Registration & Customer Survey card
- Performance Certificate
- Owner's Manual (English/French/Spanish/German)
- Amplifier Input/Output Connections sheet
- MTX Audio sticker
- Impedance warning sticker (on bag)
- Mobile Dynamics Installation Schools information card
Class A 100% Discrete Driver Circuitry Topology: The preamp stages use Class A topology for low distortion and a high damping factor; the result is tight, controlled bass.
Pure N-Channel Design: The pure N-channel design is more linear than typical N-Channel designs, so the speaker you connect to the amplifier will be better controlled. The signal travels through fewer parts so the signal-to-noise ratio is enhanced, the power rating is better, and the amp runs louder, longer.
Internal Crossovers: The amplifier has two built-in crossovers, one for the speaker outputs and one for the preamp outputs. Each crossover can be set for high-pass or low-pass operation, or it may be turned off for full-range output. If you select high-pass, the crossover slope is 12dB/octave. If you select low-pass, the crossover slope is 24dB/mono. Each crossover is adjustable from 40-200Hz.
Preamp Outputs: There is one set of isolated preamp outputs for adding another amp. The preamp outputs can be set for high-pass, low-pass, or full-range operation.
EBC (Electronic Bass Control) 2: This amplifier includes an Electronic Bass Control Port that will accept the cable from an optional EBC. When an EBC is connected, you have access to an additional 3dB of gain and 23dB of attenuation from the driver's seat. If the optional EBC is installed, the bass level will be able to be adjusted to overcome noise and other interference. With EBC 2 multiple compatible amps can be controlled.
Intelligent Surface Mount Technology: This amplifier features substantially shorter internal and external lead lengths, reducing stray capacitance and inductance, which results in cleaner and more accurate musical reproduction with less noise interference.
Real-time Computerized Protection Circuit: The protection circuit makes sure you amp is operating within safe parameters for maximum power and protection.
Acoustically Seamless Turn-on/Turn-off: A circuit that prevents turn-on/turn-off "thump" is included to eliminate turn-on/off noise.
Iso-Feet: Four rubber Iso-Feet are attached to the amplifier. The rubber feet let you mount the amp securely, while preventing the mounting screws from coming into contact with the amp's chassis; this helps prevent ground loops.
Terminals: The terminals are nickel-plated, heavy-duty screw terminal connectors.
Performance Certificate: MTX tests each amplifier, and the technician records the "actual" power output on the Certified Performance Certificate included with each amp. The amp must meet or exceed the rated specification in order to leave the factory.
Left Side of the Amplifier
- Left and Right Gain Controls: the gain controls allow you to match the input sensitivity of the amplifier to the particular source unit you are using
- Thunder EQ Control: a rotary control that allows you to set the bass boost applied to the speaker output signal. The bass boost is centered at 40Hz and is adjustable from 0-18dB.
- Input: RCA stereo jacks
- Output: RCA stereo jacks
- Amp Crossover Switch: lets you select high-pass, low-pass, or full-range operation for the speaker outputs
- RCA Crossover Switch: lets you select high-pass, low-pass, or full-range operation for the preamp outputs
- Frequency: allows you to adjust the frequency of the crossovers from 40-200Hz
- EBC2 Port: this is a phone-style jack made to accept the cable from the optional EBC (Electronic Bass Control)
Right Side of the Amplifier
- Speaker Outputs: screw terminals (each terminal is 0.34" wide)
- BATT (power): screw terminal (terminal is 0.54" wide)
- GND (ground): screw terminal (terminal is 0.54" wide)
- REM (remote turn-on): screw terminal (terminal is 0.34" wide)
- Fuse: two 30-amp blade fuses
- 120 Watts x 2 into 4 Ohms
- 212 Watts x 2 into 2 Ohms
- 425 Watts bridged into 4 Ohms
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.