Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
4-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 4
Item # 236TD754 | MFR # TD75.4
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the MTX TD75.4 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Upgrade your power for better sound
You'll add a big upgrade to your listening pleasure when you put an MTX TD75.4 4-channel amp in your car. This compact amp will fit almost anywhere, driving each of your front and rear speakers with 75 watts RMS of detail-enhancing musical power. Install a nice set of speakers, and you'll hear sounds you've never heard before, even in your favorite songs.
You can also put this amp into 2-channel mode to drive two subwoofers with 200 watts RMS per channel. In 3-channel mode, you can run some nice components up front with two channels while running a sub off the third channel.
Advanced tone control
The crossover filters on the front and rear channels allow you to adjust the sound to your setup. The front channels use a variable high-pass filter to keep the bass away from your full-range speakers, so they play cleanly. The variable rear crossover can be set to high- or low-pass depending on whether you're running a subwoofer or full-range speakers on the rear amp channels. It also features a very wide range of crossover points, that'll be useful for tuning midrange and midbass speakers.
An easy install; I bolted this amp to the underside of the front passenger seat. It works great in my super cab F-250 and the sound is awesome.
PNWHatch, Kingston, WA
What's in the Box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ French)
- Fuse and wiring kit note
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- frequency response: 10-25,000 Hz
- Class AB amp technology
- variable high-pass filter on front channels (10-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable high- and low-pass filters on rear channels (50-750 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- preamp inputs
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 60-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 12-7/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 5-9/16"D
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX TD75.4 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||200 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-25000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-750 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-750 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
2-Ohm Stable: The MTX TD75.4 is capable of handling load impedances down to 2-ohms in stereo; the amplifier is rated at 75 watts RMS x 4 channels into 4-ohms and 100 watts RMS x 4 channels into 2-ohms.
Bridgeable: The front and rear sections of the amp are independently bridgeable; the bridged output is 200 watts x 2 channels at 4-ohms (or 200 watts x 1 and 75 watts x 2 if only one half of the amp is bridged).
THD: The Total Harmonic Distortion isn't given at the rated power output, therefore it isn't listed in the specifications table. The manual does list THD as <0.05% at 30% of rated power (22.5 watts per channel) into a 4-ohm load.
Protection Circuits: The TD75.4 provides protection against over heating, output short-circuit, and over/under power supply voltage.
Gain: The independent front and rear rotary gain controls are continuously variable from 200 mV to 5 V.
Crossovers: The front and rear crossovers are independent, and not identical:
- Front: high pass only; 12 dB/octave; crossover point continuously variable from 10 Hz (full range) to 200 Hz
- Rear: switchable: low pass, full range or high pass; 12 dB/octave; crossover point continuously variable from 50 Hz to 750 Hz
Power/Ground/Turn-On: The TD75.4 features screw terminals for power, ground and remote turn-on. The power and ground terminals will accommodate spade connectors up to 0.5" wide, while the Remote turn-on terminal will accept a spade connector up to 0.335" wide.
Warranty Note: MTX will add a year to the standard one year warranty (for a total of two years) when an appropriate StreetWires amplifier wiring kit is used with this amp (4 or 8 gauge). The amplifier includes no fuse, so a 60 amp fuse should be installed in the power wire. The StreetWires kits listed as accessories include a 60 amp fuse; if a wiring kit is used having a different size fuse, it should be replaced with a 60 amp fuse. Both the amp and wiring kit should be purchased on the same order and the usual warranty limitations apply (covers manufacturing defects, must be purchased from an authorized MTX dealer, etc.).
Line Level Input: The signal is input using two pair of stereo RCA inputs, front and rear.
Speaker Connections: The amplifier is equipped with four pair of speaker terminals, they are screw terminals and will accommodate spade connectors up to 0.325" wide.
5 Year Warranty Terms: This product carries a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.