Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Terminator Series 4"x6" 2-way car speakers
Our take on the MTX TN462 by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
Step up your sound
If you're looking for a big upgrade in sound without a huge outlay of cash, take a look at the MTX Terminator line of car speakers. You'll be amazed at how much better your music sounds once you've replaced your burned-out factory speakers with a set of Terminators. And they're protected by MTX's unique 5-year warranty.
Impressive performance and value
MTX's TN462 4"x6" full-range speakers will take your in-car audio experience to the next level, whether they're powered by a factory radio, an aftermarket car stereo, or a small amp. Each speaker sports a durable polypropylene woofer and a 1/2" Mylar tweeter, and they'll handle up to 40 watts RMS power. Grilles are not included — factory grilles are appropriate for most installations.
sounds better than stock speakers. Easy installation
Jim, atlanta, ga
What's in the Box:
- Two 4x6 Coaxial speakers
- Two 6" Lengths of speaker wire (each has female quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Warranty information
- Specifications printed on box
- 4" x 6" 2-way car speakers (pair)
- polypropylene woofer cone
- 1/2" Mylar tweeter
- frequency response: 78-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86.2 dB
- RMS power: 2-40 watts (80 watts peak)
- top-mount depth: 2"
- cut out diameter: 3.625" x 5.625"
- works with vehicle's factory grilles
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX TN462 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Design||1/2" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||86.2|
|Frequency Response||78 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||40|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||80|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
Woofer Cones: The MTX Terminator series speakers feature durable and rigid polypropylene woofer cones. Polypropylene is also resistant to the moisture and temperature extremes found in automotive applications.
Tweeters: Each speaker features a 1/2" Mylar dome tweeter.
Mounting: The TN462 fits many standard 4x6 applications, but does not fit metric 4x6 applications. (Metric 4x6 typically found in European ars.)
Warranty: Although the speaker reviewed and measured (taken from our first shipment) included information indicating a 1 year warranty, MTX recently changed to a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.