Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Terminator Series 5-1/4" component car speakers
Our take on the MTX TNS52 by Crutchfield's Jon Paulette
Step up your sound
If you're looking for a big upgrade in sound without a huge outlay of cash, take a look at the MTX Terminator line of car speakers. You'll be amazed at how much better your music sounds once you've replaced your burned-out factory speakers with a set of these Terminators. And they're protected by MTX's unique 5-year warranty.
Impressive performance and value
MTX's TNS52 5-1/4" component speaker system will take your in-car audio experience to the next level, whether they're powered by a factory radio, an aftermarket car stereo, or a small amp. The system handles up to 35 watts RMS (70W peak), and includes two durable polypropylene woofers and two separate 1/2" Mylar tweeter. Mount the tweeters up closer to your ears instead of down by your feet, and it'll sound like the band is playing on your dashboard.
Speakers were easy to install with the installation guide and the sound was definietly an upgrade from my stock speakers. For the price, they can't be beat.
Charlie007, Honolulu, Hi
What's in the Box:
- Two 5-1/4" Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (3-1/2" wire attached)
- Two 5x7 Adapter plates
- 2 Woofer grilles
- Two 6" Lengths of speaker wire (each has quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- 2 Surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Angled semi-surface mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mount tweeter housings
- 2 Flush mounting clips
- Eight M4x5mm machine screws
- Four 5/8" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1" self-tapping screws
- Two 1-3/8" Self-tapping screws
- 10 Speed clips
- Installation instructions
- Warranty information
- Specifications printed on box
- 5-1/4" component speaker system: includes two woofers, two tweeters
- polypropylene woofer cone
- separate 1" Mylar tweeter
- frequency response: 58-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- RMS power: 5-35 watts (70 watts peak)
- top-mount depth: 2-1/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 5 years (free repair or replacement for 2 years; prorated replacement for years 3 through 5)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
MTX TNS52 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||1" Semi-Dome|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years (3-5 Prorated)|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||83.6|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||87.9|
|Frequency Response||58 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||5|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||35|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||70|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 11/16|
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters can be flush mounted, surface mounted, or angle mounted. The angled mount is a semi-surface mount, because most of the housing sits above the mounting surface, but a small portion is counter sunk into the panel. The tweeter can pivot in the flush and surface mount housings.
|Frame Width||Frame Length||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Surface Mount||1.892"||1.892"||N/A||0.87"||0.54" (Screw Depth)|
|Angled Mount||1.783"||2.11"||1.4" x 1"||1"||0.764" (Screw Depth)|
Crossovers: The tweeter crossover is built into the tweeter casing. The woofer uses its natural mechanical frequency roll off.
Woofer Mounting Adapter: The included adapters can be used to mount the woofers in many 5x7 and 6x8 applications. There is also a knock-out on each bracket where the tweeter can be mounted.
Warranty: Although the speaker reviewed and measured (taken from our first shipment) included information indicating a 1 year warranty, MTX recently changed to a 5-Year Prorated Warranty with the following terms:
- Years 1-2: Products found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the first two years will be, at Mitek's option, repaired or replaced by Mitek at no charge. The warranty period does not renew, but continues on from the original date of purchase.
- Years 3-5: The purchase price of an item which becomes defective after the first two years and prior to the end of the warranty period will be prorated and credited toward the purchase of a new MTX product. The amount of proration is determined by dividing the original purchase price by the number of months in the warranty period (60), then multiplying the result by the number of months remaining in the warranty period.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.