Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
CD/MP3 Receiver with CD Changer Controls
Our take on the JVC KD-SH707
Want it all? JVC offers the stylish digifine2.2 KD-SH707 CD/MP3 receiver for your consideration. Start with a MOSFET internal amp (19 watts RMS/50 peak x 4) for punchy sound, then add in Intelli-EQ (iEQ) with 9 preset curves and a 7-band parametric EQ to fine tune your music. E-Bass pumps up the lows so you get maximum fatness from your tunes.
Record your MP3 files on CD-R or CD-RW, and bring 'em along this versatile receiver will play them in addition to standard CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs. The HS-IIIi tuner will get you in touch with a bunch of new AM/FM stations, and the KD-SH707 will control a JVC 12-disc CD changer for extended play entertainment. For even more variety, hook up a portable player, video game, or satellite radio tuner to the handy front panel auxiliary input. EQ Link assigns iEQ settings for each source (CD, FM, AM, auxiliary input, optional changer).
The rugged, motorized aluminum faceplate with its rotary encoder and simple controls offers luxurious operation. The bright, full dot matrix display is backlit for exceptional legibility, and you can adjust the angle of the faceplate to suit your vehicle. Three sets of preamp outputs provide signal to your outboard amplifiers. A card-type wireless remote is included for your convenience.Details:
- motorized, detachable aluminum face
- multicolor dot matrix display
- HS-IIIi tuner
- 24 presets
- MOSFET50 amp
- 7-band iEQ
- E-Bass (low-frequency boost)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- plays MP3 files on CD-R/CD-RW
- CD text
- front/rear/subwoofer preamp outputs
- CD changer controls
- front panel auxiliary input
- wireless remote
- 19 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 102 dB
- FM sensitivity 11.3 dBf
- 1-year warranty
What's in the Box:
- AM/FM/CD/Changer controller receiver with 15-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Hard face case
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- RM-RK100 Wireless remote
- CR2025 Lithium battery
- 1 Face security screw
- 2 Removal tools
- 1 Rear support stud
- 1 Flat washer
- 1 Nut
- 1 Rubber bushing
- Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- Installation/Connection Manual (English/Spanish/French)
- "Before Electrical Connections" instruction sheet (English/Spanish/French)
- US warranty sheet
- Canadian warranty card
- Canadian service center list
- Product Safety Registration Card/Questionnaire
- "Important" sheet (discusses resetting the unit and ejecting a CD by force)
- Note on securing detachable faceplate
- Errata sheet
- "Canceling the display demonstration" sheet
- "Caution" sheet (discusses removing the mounting sleeve from the unit)
- "Caution" sheet (discusses proper installation of unit)
- "Questions and Answers-Music File MP3" sheet
Features and Specs
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power Output||19 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||40-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||---|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Red|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||11.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
Motorized Fold-Down Face: This unit is equipped with a motorized fold-down detachable faceplate that shifts downward and outward allowing you to insert/eject CDs.
Faceplate Angle Adjustment: You may set the unit to hold the display at one of three different angles or flat against the front of the chassis.
Level Meter: There is a level meter in the right portion of the display window. The level meter may be set to EQ (equalizer pattern is displayed), Level 1 (audio level meter), Level 2 (peak level meter), or Level 3 (display illumination).
Contrast Adjustment: The display contrast may be adjusted from "1" up to "10" for optimum readability.
7-Band iEQ:This model has "Hard Rock", "R&B", "Pop", "Jazz", "Dance Music", "Country", "Reggae", "Classic", "User 1", "User 2", "User 3", and "Flat" preset EQ curves. "User 1", "User 2", and "User 3" presets can be adjusted to your preference and stored in memory. For each User preset, you can independently adjust the following frequencies: 70Hz, 150Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.4kHz, 6kHz, and 12.5kHz. The level of each frequency can be adjusted from -5dB to +5dB in 1dB increments.
EQ Link: The EQ Link function can be turned On or Off. When EQ Link is turned On, the selected sound mode can be stored in memory for the current source.
E-Bass: The E-Bass feature boosts the bass at low volume levels.
Source Titling: Titles, up to 11 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 30 radio stations. Titles, up to 32 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 40 CDs. Titles, up to 11 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for connected external components. Note: You cannot label MP3 CDs or CDs that are encoded with CD Text information.
Tuner: This model is equipped with JVC's proprietary HS-IIIi tuner.
IF Filter: In some areas, adjacent stations may interfere with each other. If this interference occurs, noise may be heard. When this type of interference occurs and the IF Filter is set to Auto, the unit automatically increases the tuner selectivity so the interference will be reduced, however, the stereo effect will be lost. If the IF Filter is set to Wide, the unit will be susceptible to interference, but the sound quality will not be degraded and the stereo effect will not be lost.
D/A Converter: For superior sound quality, this unit uses a 24-bit D/A converter.
Direct Track Access: You can directly access CD tracks 1-12 by pressing the station preset buttons. If a preset button is pressed for less than 1 second, the track corresponding to the number on the preset button is selected. When a preset button is pressed for more than 1 second, the track corresponding to the number above the preset button is accessed; this method is used to access tracks 7-12.
MP3 File Playback: This unit can play MP3 files that have been recorded with constant bit rate (32kbps to 320kbps) or variable bit rate compression on CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in one of the following formats: ISO 9660 level 1, ISO 9660 level 2, or Joliet. The following functions are available during MP3 playback:
- Direct Directory Access: you can directly access directories 1-12 by pressing the station preset buttons. If a preset button is pressed for less than 1 second, the directory corresponding to the number on the preset button is selected. When a preset button is pressed for more than 1 second, the directory corresponding to the number above the preset button is accessed; this method is used to access directories 7-12.
- Directory Search: allows you to skip to the next or previous directory in the same hierarchy level or on a different hierarchy level
- File Search: allows you to skip to the next or previous file
- Audible File Search: this function allows you to perform fast forward or reverse audible search within a file
- Random Play: allows you to select Random 1 or Random 2. In Random 1 mode, all the files of the current directory are played in random order, then the next directory and so on. In Random 2 mode, all the files on the disc are played in random order.
- Repeat Play: allows you to select Repeat 1 or Repeat 2. In Repeat 1 mode, the current file is repeated. In Repeat 2 mode, all files in the current directory are repeated.
- Intro Scan: allows you to select Intro 1 or Intro 2. In Intro 1 mode, the unit plays the first 15 seconds of each file on a disc. In Intro 2 mode, the unit plays the first 15 seconds of the first file in each directory.
- Last Position Memory: if the unit is shut off or switched to the tuner mode while an MP3 CD is playing, the next time CD is selected as the source, playback will resume from the point where it left off
- ID3 Tag Display: when a disc with ID3 Tag information is playing, the ID3 Tag information can be displayed. This feature can be turned on or off. Note: This unit is only compatible with ID3 Tag version 1.
Disc Eject Prohibit: This feature keeps the disc from ejecting even if the eject button is pushed. The disc eject prohibit feature is engaged/disengaged by pressing the Sel and Eject buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.
Non-Fading Subwoofer Preamp Outputs: In addition to the gold-plated front and rear 2.0-volt preamp outputs, this unit is equipped with one set of gold-plated, non-fading RCA preamp outputs. These outputs are typically used to feed a subwoofer amplifier. The non-fading output level is adjustable from 0 to +12. In addition, the outputs have a selectable low-pass filter, allowing you to choose 50, 80, or 115Hz.
Power Amplifier Switch: This feature allows you to switch off the built-in amplifier and send the audio signals only to the connected external amplifiers. This prevents internal heat buildup and improves the sound quality of the unit.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system.
Compatibility with Optional AUX Input Adapter: Item 105KSU57 (sold separately) may be used to provide an additional auxiliary input on this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MD player, to this unit as an additional audio source. Item 105KSU57 connects to the CD changer input on this unit. When the aux input adapter is connected to this unit, a CD changer cannot be connected.
Dimmer: This unit is equipped with a wire that JVC calls an illumination lead, however, it acts as a dimmer lead. The dimmer can be set to OFF (normal brightness at all times), AUTO (display window automatically dims when your car head lights are turned on), or ON (display is always dimmed). Note that the amount of dimming is fixed, it cannot be adjusted, and the illumination wire must be connected for AUTO operation.
Compatibility:This unit is equipped with JVC's "J-Link" CD changer control system. CH-X series JVC CD changers can be controlled directly. A KSU15K adapter (sold separately) is required to connect this unit to older series (non-"CH-X" series) JVC changers.
Changer Controls: In addition to basic disc navigation features, this unit has the following changer controls: direct disc access, disc intro scan, track intro scan, track repeat, disc repeat, disc random, and all disc random.
Source Titling: Titles, up to 32 characters long, can be stored and recalled from memory for up to 40 CDs in a connected changer. Note: You cannot label CDs that are encoded with CD Text information.
CD Text Display: When connected to a CD Text capable CD changer, this unit can display disc and track titles for discs encoded with disc and track title information. When CD Text is displayed, you can select one of the following scroll modes: Once (scrolls only once), Auto (repeats the scroll with 5-second intervals in between), or Off (cancels Auto scroll).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.