Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Home theater receiver with HDMI switching and USB input for PC audio
Item # 257RXD412B | MFR # RXD412B
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the JVC RX-D412B by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Enjoy all of your movies, music, TV shows, video games, and even audio files stored on your computer's hard drive in enveloping surround sound. The RX-D412B sports 110 watts per channel of power and all the processing you'll need for engaging home theater. And JVC packs this slimlined receiver with features that not only expand your entertainment options, but also make your system easier to set up and operate.
HDMI switching and video upconversion
Have a high-def TV with a digital HDMI input? This receiver lets you hook up two HDMI-compatible video components, such as an HD tuner or digital video recorder, and switch easily between them. It also converts your older, analog video sources to 480p progressive scan the same picture resolution you get from DVD. You can send all your video sources to your TV along a single HDMI cable. This keeps all your sources looking their best, and it means you won't ever have to switch inputs on your TV again.
Audio from your PC
Here's a cool feature for digital music fans. You can connect your computer to the 'D412B via its USB input and listen to your music library through your A/V system for higher-impact sound. Switch on JVC's proprietary audio enhancement mode to reproduce your compressed music files with even greater fidelity. This special technology can even improve the sound of your CDs and analog music sources.
XM Satellite Radio Ready
If you're into XM Radio, you'll really appreciate how easily you can add it to the RX-D412B. Simply plug in an optional XM Mini-Tuner package and activate your XM subscription to tune in over 170 satellite radio channels. You can choose XM channels with the receiver's multibrand remote and view program information on the receiver's front-panel display.
Easy and accurate system setup
JVC's Precise Surround Setup makes getting accurate home theater sound quick and easy. Just plug in the included earbud-style microphones, place them in your ears, then settle into your favorite seat. The 'D412B takes care of the rest, automatically setting the correct size and distance, volume level, and crossover settings for each of your home theater speakers. It also adjusts frequency response and checks for proper speaker connections letting you know of any incorrect hookups. In minutes, your system is configured for optimum performance with your specific speakers and their placement within the room.
- 110 watts x 7 into 6 ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.8% THD
- Hybrid Feedback Digital Amplifier
- Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES®, Dolby Pro Logic® IIx, DTS Neo:6, and DTS 96/24 processing
- HDMI switching (2 in, 1 out)
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion
- 480i (interlaced) to 480p (progressive) conversion with Faroudja DCDi processing
- XM Satellite Radio Ready (requires XM subscription and optional XM Mini-Tuner package)
- component video switching (2 in, 1 out)
- Precise Surround Setup automatic speaker calibration
- built-in 5-band digital equalizer for front speakers
- front-panel USB input for PC audio
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for front channels
- digital inputs: 2 optical, 1 coaxial
- optical digital output
- 1 audio input
- no phono input
- 3 A/V inputs (including 3 S-video)
- 5.1-channel input
- 1 set of main speaker outputs
- multibrand remote with glow-in-the-dark keys
- 15 AM/30 FM presets
- 17-1/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 14-9/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Black AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver
- Wireless remote control (RM-SRXD411J)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Earphone MIC with attached 18' cord with male min-jack plug on one end
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Important Products Safety Instruction
Features and Specs
Digital Amplifier: The JVC RX-D411S is equipped with the JVC-exclusive Hybrid Feedback Digital Amplifier. The compact, highly efficient amplifier is able to generate high power output with low distortion levels. This technology uses two digital feedback loops to generate a precise signal, and two analog feedback loops to ensure that the final signal is identical to the original. This design allows the receiver to have a significantly lower profile (less than 3-5/8" high) than traditional receivers.
HDMI Compatible: The RX-D411S supports up to HDMI version 1.1. This allows you transmit digital video and audio signal without AD/DA conversion with one easy connection. This receiver can digitally receive 5.1-channel PCM with 96kHz and 2-channel PCM with fs 192 kHz. You can enjoy digital sound without deterioration.
HDCP Compatible: This receiver is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). HDCP contents can be viewed if you connect and HDCP-compatible TV to this receiver.
7.1 Channel DAP (Digital Acoustic Processor): Soundfield simulation technology allows precise ambience recreating of existing theaters and halls. Thanks to the high-performance DSP (Digital Signal Processor) and high-capacity memory, you can enjoy 7.1-channel surround by playing 2-channel or multi-channel software.
Precise Surround Setup: Precise Surround Setup is a newly-developed JVC solution for quick, easy and systematic optimization of surround sound. By using Precise Surround Setup, you can enjoy the best possible surround performance. Precise Surround Setup measures the listening environment accurately with the dedicated earphone-type microphones and adjusts the speaker settings automatically.
DCDi Technology: Direction Correlation Deinterlacing technology eliminates jagged edges generated in progressive scanning conversion. With DCDi, you can enjoy clear and smooth video images on your Television.
Note: This function is applied only when the NTSC analog video signals are transmitted to the receiver.
K2 Technology: K2 technology has been designed to enable natural audio reproduction, achieving a drastic reduction in digital distortion and creating original sound ambience with high precision.
Built-in Cooling Fan: The receiver has a built-in cooling fan which operates while the receiver is turned on. Be sure to leave enough ventilation to obtain sufficient cooling effect.
XM Compatible The RXD-411S is an XM Ready receiver. To enjoy XM Satellite Radio you can connect the optional XM Passport System or the optional, conventional XM Connect and Play digital antenna directly to the receiver.
Note: You will need an XM Satellite Radio subscription to enjoy this feature.
HDMI Conversion: This receiver can convert composite video, S-video and component video signals into HDMI signals and transmit the converted signals through the HDMI Monitor Out terminal to your television.
USB Connection: This receiver is equipped with an USB terminal on the front panel. You can connect your PC to this terminal and enjoy sound reproduced through your PC.
Note: You cannot send any signal or data to your PC from the receiver.
3D Headphone Mode: The built-in headphone virtual surround system is compatible with multi-channel software like Dolby Digital, DTS, etc. The signal processing algorithms used by the high-performance DSP allows you to enjoy a natural surround sound through the headphones.
Mute: You can turn off the sound through all the connected speakers and headphones by pressing the mute button on the remote control.
Dimmer Settings: You can dim the display depending on the lighting situation in your room. There are 4 adjustments to choose from.
- Dimmer 1: dims the display
- Dimmer 2: dims the display more than dimmer 1
- Dimmer 3: turns off the display (temporarily cancelled when you operate the receiver)
- Dimmer Off: cancels the dimmer (normal display)
Sleep Timer: This unit is equipped with a sleep timer that will automatically turn the unit off. The sleep timer can be adjusted from 10 to 90 minutes in 10-minute increments.
CC (Compression Compensative) Converter: JVC's CC Converter eliminates jitter and ripples, achieving a drastic reduction in digital distortion by processing the digital music data in 24 bit-quantization and by expanding the sampling frequency to 176.4 kHz (for fs 44.1 kHz signals) / 192 kHz (for fs 48 kHz signals) on the front speakers. By using the CC Converter, you can obtain a natural sound filed from both digital and analog sources. There are 3 adjustments to choose from.
- CC CNVRTR 1: Select this mode when playing back an analog source or a digital source with non compressed digital sound signal (Linear PCM).
- CC CNVRTR 2: Select this mode when playing back a source with compressed digital sound signal (Dolby Digital or DTS).
- CC CNVRTR OFF: Select "OFF" when you do not want to use the CC Converter.
Auto Memory: This receiver memorizes sound setting for each source. When you turn the power off or when you change the source, the memorized settings for the newly selected source are automatically recalled. The following settings can be stored for each source.
- Video and Audio input settings
- CC Converter
- Midnight mode
- Digital equalization patterns
- Bass Boost
- Input attenuator mode
- Surround/DSP mode selection
FM Reception Mode: When an FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive or is noisy, you can change the FM reception mode. You can store the FM reception mode for each preset station (30 FM/15 AM).
- Auto Muting (Normal Setting): When a program is broadcast in stereo, you will hear stereo sound, when in monaural, you will hear monaural sound. This mod is also useful to suppress static noise between stations.
- Mono: Select this to improve the reception (stereo effect will be lost). In this mode, you will hear noise while tuning in to the stations.
Manual Setup of the Speakers: To obtain the best possible surround effect from the Surround and DSP modes, you need to set up the speaker and subwoofer information after all the connections are completed.
- Subwoofer Setting: Select "Yes" or "N0" depending on whether you connected a powered subwoofer to the receiver.
- Speaker Size: This setting
allows you to register the size of all the speakers connected to the
- Large: Use this setting when the cone speaker size is greater than 4.75".
- Small: Use this setting when the cone speaker size is smaller than 4.75".
- No: Use this setting when you have not connected that particular speaker.
- Surround Back: This
setting allows you to register the number of surround back speakers in your
- SB Out 1Spk: Select this mode when you use a single surround back speaker.
- SB Out 2Spk: Select this mode when you use a pair of surround back speakers.
- Speaker Distance: By using this feature, you can set the distance between the speakers and the your main listening position. The distance is measure either in feet for meters. The adjustable range is 0.3 m to 9.0 m in 0.15 intervals or 1 ft to 30 ft in 0.5 ft intervals.
Subwoofer Output Setting: You can adjust the signal processing for the subwoofer output.
- SW LFE: In this setting the subwoofer emits the LFE signals and the bass elements of the speakers set to small.
- SW LFE+Main: In this setting the subwoofer emits the LFE signals and the bass elements of the speaker set to small. The subwoofer also emits the bass elements of front speaker when no LFE signal nor the bass elements of small speakers exist.
Crossover Setting: You can adjust the low pass cut off frequency of the "small" speakers in your application based on the cone diameter of the speaker. You can select the following crossover points - 80Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, and 200Hz.
LFE (Low Frequency Effect) Attenuator: If the bass sound is distorted while playing back software encoded with Dolby Digital or DTS, use the LFE level to eliminate this distortion.
- LFE 0dB: normal setting
- LFE -10dB: select when the bass sound is distorted
Midnight Mode: You can choose a Midnight mode setting of "Midnight 1", "Midnight 2" or "Off." The "Midnight 1" setting compresses the dynamic range very little, whereas the "Midnight 2" setting offers full dynamic range compression.
Audio Delay: Synchronization between audio and video reproduction can be possibly disturbed because video signal decoding is time consuming compared to the audio signal decoding. With this setting, you can correct the synchronization between video and audio signals by delaying the audio signal timing. The adjustable range is - "Off" and 10 ms to 150 ms in 10 ms intervals.
Adjustable Speaker Output Levels: You can adjust all the speakers' and subwoofer output levels from -10 dB to +10 dB in 1 dB intervals.
Equalization: You can adjust equalization patterns in five frequency bands (63 Hz, 250 Hz, 1 kHz, 4 kHz and 16 kHz) for the front speakers. The adjustable range for each frequency is -8 dB to +8 dB in 2 dB intervals. Once you have made an adjustment, it is memorized for each source.
Bass Boost: You can boost the bass level by using the Bass Boost function. Once you have made the adjustment, it is memorized for each source. This function only affects the sound coming out through the front speakers.
Input Attenuator: You can attenuate an analog input signal if it is too high and causes distortion.
Adjustable Sound Parameters: You can adjust the following Surround and DSP sound parameters:
- Effect (DAP modes): allows you to adjust the effect level from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the DAP effect becomes stronger.
- Room Size (DAP modes): allows you to adjust the virtual room size from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the interval between reflections increases so that you will feel as if you are in a larger room.
- Liveness (DAP modes): allows you to adjust the liveness effect level from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the attenuation level of reflections over time decreases so that acoustics change from "Dead" to "Live."
- Panorama (Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic II Music modes only): allows you to add a "wraparound" sound effect with side-wall imaging.
- Center Width (Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic II Music modes only): allows you to adjust the position of the center image from 1 to 7. As the number increases, the center channel sound moves toward the left and right speakers.
- Dimension (Pro Logic IIx and Pro Logic II Music mode only): allows you to adjust the sound localization position from 1 to 7. As the number increases, the sound localization moves from back to front.
- Center Gain (Neo:6 Music mode only): allows you to adjust the position of the center image from 0 to 1 in 0.1 step intervals.
- Center Tone: allows you to adjust the center tone from 1 to 5. As the number increases, the dialogue becomes clearer so that human voices change from soft to sharp.
- Center Align: allows you to adjust the sound so it sounds like the dialogue is coming from your television.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Surround Modes:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital EX
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx (Movie, Music, and Game)
- Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie, Music, and Game)
- DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 and DTS-ES Matrix 6.1
- DTS 96/24
- DTS NEO:6 (Cinema and Music)
DSP (Digital Sound Processing) Modes: The DSP modes create a virtual feeling of being in a certain environment when listening to your music or watching a movie.
- DAP Modes:
- Hall 1
- Hall 2
- Live Club
- Dance Club
- Theater 1
- Theater 2
- All Channel Stereo
- Mono Film
Auto Surround Mode: You can enjoy the surround mode easily while playing a digital source by use the Auto Surround mode. In this setting, when a multi-channel signal comes in, the appropriate Surround mode will be selected automatically.
RM-SRXD411J Wireless Remote: The remote controls JVC audio/video components (TVs, VCRs, DVD recorders, and DVD players) and it is pre-programmed to control most popular brands of TVs, VCRs, cable boxes, DBS receivers, and DVD players.
AV COMPU LINK: The AV COMPU LINK remote control system allows you to operate JVC's video components through this receiver. This remote control system allows you to use the five basic functions listed below.
- Remote Control: You can use the receiver's wireless remote to control the TV, DVD player and VCR.
- One-Touch Video Play: Simply be inserting a video cassette into the VCR, you can enjoy the video playback without setting other switches manually. The receiver automatically turns on and changes the sources to "VCR" and the TV automatically turn on and changes the input mode to the appropriate position so that you can view the playback picture.
- One-Touch DVD Play: Simply by starting playback on the DVD player, you can enjoy the DVD playback without setting other switches manually. The receiver automatically turns on and sets the input mode to "DVR/DVD" and the TV automatically turns on and changes the input mode to appropriate position.
- Automatic Selection of TV Input Mode: The TV automatically changes its input mode to match the input mode of the receiver for quick playback response.
- Automatic Power On/Off: The TV, DVD, and VCR will turn on and off along with the receiver.
Note: The TV, VCR and DVD must be JVC models with AV COMPU LINK capability to use these automatic functions.
- Headphone Jack: This unit has a gold-plated standard 1/4" headphone jack on the front panel.
- USB: The front panel USB port allows you to connect your Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 or Windows XP equipped PC to the receiver. Once connected, you can play music from your computer through your home speakers.
- Precise Surround Setup MIC Jack: Mini-Jack input for use with the Surround Setup MIC.
- HDMI Connections: The receiver is equipped with two HDMI inputs and one HDMI monitor output.
- Component Video: The receiver features two component video inputs and 1 component video output.
- Audio/Video Composite Connections: The receiver features 3 A/V composite inputs which also include an S-video connection, two A/V composite outputs with S-video connection, one composite stereo audio input and one composite or S-video monitor output.
- Assignable Digital Connections: The receiver features 3 rear panel digital input terminals (1 coaxial, 2 optical). The digital inputs can be assigned to any of the A/V inputs on the receiver. The unit also has one optical digital output.
- Speaker Outputs: The front and center speakers use plastic binding posts while the surround and surround back speakers use spring clip terminals.
- Subwoofer Output: The unit features a subwoofer output for hook-up of a powered subwoofer.
- DVD Multi-In: This input is for use with DVD players that have an analog 5.1 channel output.
- A/V Compu Link-III: The receiver has two A/V Compu Link-III mini-jacks, allowing you to connect and control compatible JVC components.
- XM Port: Use this connection to hook up the XM Passport System or XM Connect and Play digital antenna to the XM Ready Receiver.
- Antenna Connections: The FM antenna uses a 75ohm FM coaxial push on connector while the AM antenna uses a spring clip terminal.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.