Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon Speedlite 320EX
Flash for Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
Our take on the Canon Speedlite 320EX by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Shed more light on your photos and movies
Your Canon digital SLR can take fantastic multi-megapixel still shots all day long. But now that it captures HD video, too, you're going to need something a little stronger than that built-in flash to help you out in low-light shooting situations. Canon comes to the rescue with its versatile Speedlite 320EX. This compact flash offers a host of great features that give your photos a more professional look, but what really sets it apart is a built-in LED lamp for better scene illumination with your videos. The lamp is ideal for brightening up your movie productions and can also be used as a modeling light or an AF assist beam for live view still-photo shooting.
Bounce it for a better look
The 320EX's flash head can be tilted and swiveled to place just the right amount of light where you want it. This also lets you bounce light from walls or ceilings to provide softer illumination with less glare and fewer shadows ideal for flattering portraits and large group photos. The flash head even extends and retracts to change the angle of lighting for better coverage with wide-angle lenses. Plus, the powerful 320EX puts more light at your disposal than your camera's built-in flash, so you can take shots from far greater distances in dim settings.
Use it off-camera and with multi-flash setups
When used with Canon SLRs that feature an integrated Speedlite transmitter, such as the Rebel T3i, EOS 60D, or EOS 7D, the 320EX can be used off-camera to create dramatic lighting effects for your photos. Put one behind your subject for a cool backlit portrait. Or place it off to one side to emphasize your subject's surface texture for wild macro shots. Multi-channel wireless operation also allows the use of multiple 320EXs to illuminate extra-large areas and provide more creative options. The 320EX even features remote release operation that lets you trigger your camera's shutter directly from a button on the flash, and provides a two-second delay which gives you time to re-aim the flash if necessary.
For use only with compatible Canon cameras. Requires 4 "AA" batteries (not included).
Compact and easy to handle. Effectively spreads the light and illuminates subjects properly.
William S., Houston, TX
What's in the Box:
- Speedlite 320EX flash
- Mini stand
- Carrying case
- Owner's manual (English/French/Spanish)
- Warranty sheet
- compatible with Canon EOS digital SLR cameras
- built-in LED video light for better looking movie footage in low-light environments
- tilt-and-swivel flash head for creative bounce flash effects
- fully automatic E-TTL II (evaluative through-the-lens) flash exposure control with compatible Canon EOS cameras and lenses
- wireless "slave" function triggers flash off-camera when used with Canon SLRs that have integrated Speedlight transmitters (supports up to three groups and four channels)
- flash release function remotely triggers camera's shutter from the flash on a 2-second delay
- manual flash head zooming allows adjustment of illumination angle and guide number to match shooting conditions
- autofocus assist beam and modeling light
- maximum guide number (ISO 100) 105 ft./32m (at 50mm setting)
- soft case and mini stand included
- uses 4 "AA" batteries (not included)
- weight: 9.7 oz.
- 2-13/16"W x 4-1/2"H x 3-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Canon Speedlite 320EX Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Compatibility: The Speedlite 320EX is compatible with all Canon EOS cameras and PowerShot G-series cameras.
Shoe Mount: The 320EX flash mounts to the intelligent shoe on the top of your compatible Canon EOS or PowerShot G-series camera. Flash trigger, exposure setting, and focal length (zoom) setting are transferred to the flash via the intelligent shoe.
LED Light: In addition to the flash, the 320EX has a built-in LED light that can be used to illuminate nearby subjects in dim light. The LED light can be used for shooting video, as a modeling light, or as an AF assist beam. The LED will provide 3.5 to 4 hours of continuous lighting with fully-charged batteries.
Variable Angle: The firing direction of the flash is adjustable vertically and horizontally. The vertical angle can be adjusted from 0° (straight forward) to 90° (straight up) with additional settings at 60° and 75°. Horizontally, you can rotate the flash head to the left from 0° to 180° (90° to the right) with additional settings at 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, and 150°. By pointing the flash head toward a wall or ceiling, the flash will bounce off the surface before illuminating the subject. This can soften shadows behind the subject for a more natural-looking shot.
Flash-ready Lamp: The Flash-ready lamp lights when the flash is ready to fire. If the lamp is flashing, it is ready for a quick flash, but the output will be 1/2 to 1/3 the normal flash.
Fully Automatic Flash Shooting: When you set the camera's shooting mode to program AE or full auto, E-TTL II/E-TTL fully automatic flash will make it as easy as normal AE shooting.
Camera Flash Control: When the 320EX is mounted to an EOS digital camera with external flash control, you can control the following functions with the camera:
- Flash Firing: You can enable or disable the flash. When disabled, you can still use the flash as an AF-assist beam.
- Flash Mode: You can set the flash for E-TTL II (automatic) or Manual.
- E-TTL II: You can select the following metering types:
- Evaluative: fully automatic flash shooting from dark scenes to fill-flash
- Average: metering averaged to the entire scene
- Manual Flash Output: You can set the flash output from 1/1 (full power) to 1/64 power in 1/3-stop increments. (You can get metered manual flash output with a Canon EOS 1D camera.)
- Shutter Sync: The flash can be set to the following sync types:
- 1st Curtain: Normal flash--flash fires when the shutter is fully open
- 2nd Curtain: Flash fires right before the shutter closes
- High-Speed: Enables flash shooting at all shutter speeds, effective when you want to use Aperture Priority for fill-flash portraits
- Flash Exposure Compensation: You can adjust the flash output level in the same way as normal exposure compensation.
Flash Coverage: The flash coverage can be set to match the focal length of an EF lens from 24mm to 50mm and an EF-S lens from 15mm to 32mm. With the flash head in normal position, the coverage is set for an EF lens. You can change the flash coverage to that of an EF-S lens by pulling the flash head forward.
Wireless Flash: To perform wireless flash shooting, the camera or the Speedlight attached to the camera must have a master function. The 320EX fires as a slave flash when controlled from a master unit. The flash comes with a stand that allows you to place the flash on a tabletop or a tripod. The wireless slave function supports three groups and four channels.
Wireless Remote Control Flash: The flash can be used for remote control shooting with cameras compatible with Remote Controller RC-1, RC-5, or RC-6.
Batteries: The 320EX flash uses 4 AA batteries. Alkaline, lithium, or NiMH (Nickel-Metal Hydride) rechargeable batteries are recommended. Canon's testing with alkaline batteries yields a recycle time of 0.1 - 2.3 seconds and a flash count of 180 - 1000 (depending on flash settings). The LED light will light for approximately 3.5 hours with fully charged batteries.
Auto Power Off: To save battery power, the power will turn off automatically after approximately 90 seconds of idle use. To turn the Speedlite back on again, press your camera's shutter button halfway down.
Carrying Case: The 320EX includes a soft carrying case with a pocket for the mini stand.
Guide Number: 24/79 (m/ft) Normal (24mm); 32/105 Tele (50mm)
Effective Flash Range:
- Normal Flash: 2.3' to 71'
- Quick Flash: 2.3' to 43'
- High-speed Sync: 2.3' to 37.4'
- Normal Flash: 0.1 to 2.3 seconds
- Quick Flash: 0.1 to 1.8 seconds
- Width: 2.758"
- Height: 4.485" (5.262" w/flash angle at 90°)
- Depth: 3.125" (3.524" w/flash head extended)
Weight: 9.7 oz. (without batteries)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Manufacturers recommended for new EOS 5D and supports video [ Robert Jan 20, 2016 ]