Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI
Flash for Canon digital SLR cameras
Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI - Auto Intelligent Bounce flash head automatically rotates for optimal bounce flash results
From Canon: An In-Depth Look at Speedlite 470EX-AI
From Canon: Introducing Automatic Bounce Flash Speedlite 470EX-AI
From Canon: Speedlite 470EX-AI_ AI.B Full-auto Bounce
Our take on the Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A smart bounce flash that aims itself
Canon's Speedlite 470EX-AI promises to be a game-changer in the world of flash photography. It's the world's first flash with an AI (Auto Intelligent) Bounce function. This revolutionary flash detects the distance to your subject and to the ceiling, and calculates the ideal angle for the best flash results. Then the flash head swivels and tilts automatically to create the ideal bounce flash while you work on getting the shot.
Get the look you want
Bouncing light off different surfaces lets you take natural-looking photos with soft, even illumination. Canon's AI Bounce function features fully automatic and semi-automatic modes, so it's easy for anyone to use, regardless of whether you're an expert or not. In AI.B Full-auto mode, the flash chooses the optimal angle and exposure, and adds natural lighting effects.
In AI.B Semi-auto mode, you can pick your own bounce settings and the flash will automatically maintain its angle, even when you change the camera's orientation from horizontal to vertical. Just press the camera's shutter button twice, and the flash head moves right into position, for uninterrupted shooting.
Powerful performance, simple operation
The 470EX-AI has a maximum guide number of 154 feet at ISO 100, and flash coverage from 24-105mm, so it's great for portraits or group shots, up close or at a distance. Fully automatic evaluative through-the-lens (E-TTL) exposure control works with your Canon camera to provide the right level of illumination for any scene.
A manual mode with adjustable power settings gives you extra flexibility and creative control. The rear LCD panel is easy to read, so you can confirm settings at a glance.
- compatible with select Canon EOS DSLR and mirrorless cameras with E-TTL and E-TTL II flash metering
- E-TTL (evaluative through-the-lens) and E-TTL II flash exposure control
- autofocus assist beam range up to 32.8'
- flash head tilts upward up to 120°, rotates 180° to the left, 180° to the right
- new Auto Intelligent (AI.B) bounce mode automatically determines the optimal bounce position and uses an electric head rotation device to aim the flash head accordingly
- full-auto and semi-auto AI.B modes
- flash coverage from 24-105mm; 14mm with integrated extendable wide panel in use
- optical receiver mode for off-camera triggering
- maximum guide number (ISO 100, 105mm) 154'
- 10 custom functions and 9 personal functions for added convenience
- manual flash mode settings
- rear-panel LCD lets you view and change settings
- recycle time: 0.1-3.5 seconds
- uses 4 "AA" batteries (not included)
- includes bounce adapter, stand, and soft case
- weight: 13.6 oz. (without batteries)
- 2-15/16"W x 5-3/16"H x 4-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee