Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon CanoScan 9000F
Color image scanner
Item # 2809000F | MFR # 4207B002
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Canon CanoScan 9000F by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Quickly and easily turn your collections of treasured photographs, important documents, textbooks, or even your child's artwork into convenient digital files with the CanoScan 9000F color image scanner. Its film holders let you scan as many as twelve 35mm negatives or four mounted slides at a time. Plus, it handles 120 roll film from professional medium-format cameras. The 9000F's ultra-high resolution and 48-bit color depth deliver scans with pro-quality clarity and detail.
Breathe new life into your photo collection
Are some of your most precious photos worn or scratched? Not a problem for this Canon. The 9000F's automatic film retouching and enhancement can remove most dust and scratch marks from your original photos, restoring them to their former appearance with the touch of a button. This special technology can also help revive faded colors on old prints.
Fast, user-friendly operation
You get exceptional convenience as well. High-luminance white LED lamps require no warm-up time, so the 9000F is always ready to scan immediately. The buttons on the scanner's hinged lid allow easy, one-touch control of the entire scanning process. Choose the Auto Scan mode, and the 9000F automatically recognizes the type of film, photo, or document you're scanning and saves it in the appropriate format. The e-mail and PDF buttons let you automatically pass a scanned image along as a ready-to-e-mail file, or store it as a PDF.
I was very pleased with this product. It is easy to install and use and it makes great pictures from film negatives. I will be able to scan all my old pictures to store forever.
Rodolfo, Healdsburg, CA
What's in the Box:
- Flatbed scanner
- Film guide for 35mm slides
- Film guide for 35mm film
- Film guide for 120 format film
- 71" AC cord
- 59" USB cable (with USB Type A connection on one end and a USB Type B connection on the other end)
- CanoScan 9000F Setup CD-ROM (U1.0)
- Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8 CD-ROM (for Windows 7/Vista/XP)
- Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8 CD-ROM (for Mac OS)
- Quick Start Guide
- Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8 installation sheet
- Warranty sheet (USA)
- Canon Try My Photo brochure
- optical resolution: 9600 x 9600 dpi (film), 4800 x 4800 dpi (all other media), 19,200 x 19,200 dpi interpolated
- 48-bit color depth
- scan up to 12 frames of 35mm film or four mounted slides at a time
- scan medium format 120 roll film
- FARE Level 3 technology (Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement)
- high-luminance white LED lamps (require no warm-up time to allow immediate scanning)
- high-speed USB interface
- maximum document size: 8-1/2" x 11-11/16"
- 10-5/8"W x 4-3/8"H x 18-3/4"D
- weight: 10.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- power cord
- USB cable
- film guide adapters (for 35mm negatives, 35mm mounted slides, 120 roll film strip)
- CanoScan setup CD-ROM, Adobe Photoshop Elements DVD (Windows and Mac compatible)
Canon CanoScan 9000F Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Canon CanoScan 9000F flatbed scanner allows you to produce spectacular 9600 x 9600 dpi scans with vibrant 48-bit color depth, yielding over 281 trillion possible colors. Not only can you scan photos and documents, you can scan up to 12 frames of 35mm film or 4 mounted slides simultaneously, using the supplied film guide.
Optical Resolution: The CanoScan 9000F can produce scans at a resolution of up to 9600 x 9600 dpi for transparencies and 4800 x 4800 dpi for reflectives.
White LED Light Source: Instead of a fluorescent lamp light source, the CanoScan 9000F uses high luminance white LEDs, which provide a Zero Warm-up Time, meaning it's ready to scan immediately. Since the white LED lamp doesn't need to stay on after scanning, the scanner meets the Energy Star guidelines for conserving energy.
USB 2.0 Hi Speed: The USB 2.0 Hi Speed interface enables the fastest possible image transfers and scanning speeds.
Controls: There are 7 buttons on the top panel of the scanner, making it easy to scan, copy, and create e-mails and multi-page PDFs:
- Auto Scan: In one step, the photo or document is scanned, and the type of original is automatically recognized. The original is automatically cropped to proper size and saved in the appropriate file format.
- PDF Buttons:
- Color: scans color images in A4 or Letter size at 300 dpi, by default
- Black & White: scans black & white images in A4 or Letter size at 300 dpi, by default
- Custom: scans images in user-specified settings
- Finish: ends the operation and saves the scanned image in a PDF file
- Copy Button: prints/copies the scanned image with a printer
- E-mail Button: attaches the scanned image to a new e-mail message
Scanning Film: The CanoScan 9000F can scan 35mm film (filmstrip or slides, positives or negatives) and 120 format film, using the three provided film guides. The guides allow you to load up to 12 frames of 35mm film strips, up to 4 mounted 35mm slides, or a 120 format film strip with up to three frames. If the film strips are curled, the supplied Film Retainer Sheet helps prevent the film strips from sticking to the platen glass and creating Newton Rings.
Files: The images can be saved as BMP, PICT, JPEG, Exif, TIFF, or PDF files.
FARE Level 3: The built-in FARE retouching technology automatically removes much of the dust and scratches on original prints, improving image quality.
Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix features advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction to deliver beautiful results automatically.
Gutter Shadow Correction: The built-in correction removes the unsightly shadow typically seen when scanning pages from a book. The "gutter" is eliminated, therefore producing a clean scan of the page.
OS Compatibility: The CanoScan 9000F is compatible with the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP/2000
- Mac OS X v.10.4.11 to 10.6*
- * If you have Mac OS X v.10.5 or lower, you should upgrade to Mac OS X v.10.6 before installing the software bundled with the scanner.
Included Software: The scanner includes the following software:
- Setup Software and User's Guide
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 8
- ArcSoft PhotoStudio
- MP Navigator EX
- Scanner Element: Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) 12-line color
- Light Source: White LED
- Scanning Mode:
- Color: 48-bit internal/48 or 24-bit external
- Grayscale: 48-bit internal/16-bit (film scanning only)/8-bit external
- Optical Resolution:
- Transparencies: 9600 x 9600 dpi
- Reflectives: 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Selectable Resolution: 25-19,200 dpi (ScanGear)
- Optical Resolution:
- Maximum Document Size: 8.5" x 11.7" (A4/Letter)
- Maximum Film Size: 35mm x 12 frames (negative/positive), 35mm x 4 frames (mounted slides), 22cm x 6 Film strip (120 Roll film)
- Weight: 10.1 pounds
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.