Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L
L series ultra-wide-angle prime lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras
Item # 280EF14MM | MFR # 2045B002
$2,099.00 Earn up to 2,099 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
An exceptional lens for exceptional subjects
It's a smallish English country town, with little to differentiate it from other towns along the train line you've been riding today. Except for this: a huge mixed-architecture cathedral plunked smack in the middle of the park that occupies much of the downtown. And it's huge! You want a photograph that will give viewers a sense of the imposing nature of this structure, but your kit lens just won't do the job. Time for this 14mm f/2.8 L-series Canon lens to go to work and show you what it's made of.
Getting the outside of an entire medieval cathedral to fill a frame is just one of this lens's many capabilities. Interiors of houses will present fewer challenges because of the extra scope. Plus they won't necessarily need a flash unit, because the f/2.8 maximum aperture is so good at making great images by maximizing the light you have.
It's an L series lens, so it's designed for durability and weather-resistance. And the optical elements are crafted to Canon's usual impeccable standards: two aspherical and two ultra-low-dispersion elements help your wide-angle images to be as sharp and clear as they can be.
- EF 14mm f/2.8 USM Canon wide-angle lens
- compatible with Canon digital and autofocus film SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 14mm with 35mm film or full-frame digital cameras
- 22.4mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- ideal for landscapes, architectural photography, tight interior or group shots
- USM (Ultrasonic Motor) for fast, silent focusing
- rear drop-in gelatin filter holder
- auto focus system allows full-time manual focus override with lens still in AF mode
- minimum focus distance: 7.9 in.
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- lens is 3-3/16" in diameter, 4-1/16" long
- weight: 22.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- built-in lens hood
- lens pouch
What's in the Box:
- EF14mm f/2.8L II USM wide angle lens
- Lens Cap 14 (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- LP1016 Lens case
- Instructions on CD-ROM
- EF Lens Quick Guide
- Warranty/Product Registration card
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon EF14mm f/2.8L II USM lens is a high-performance ultra-wide angle lens for use with Canon EOS cameras. The lens features a built-in Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for quick and quiet autofocusing. The lens is constructed of 14 elements in 11 groups, including aspherical and UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements for excellent imaging capability.
Focus Modes: The EF14mm lens is equipped with a two-way switch for setting the Focus Mode. You can choose from AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus). In Manual Focus mode, you can focus on your subject by turning the focus ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Gelatin Filter Holder: The lens has a gelatin filter holder at the rear of the lens. You will need to cut the gelatin filter to fit within the white frames (1-3/16" square), then insert the gelatin filter into the filter holder. The lens is not compatible with screw-on lens filters.
Lens Hood: The built-in lens hood cuts out unwanted light and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust.
Display Window: The EF14mm lens has a display window on the barrel that provides the following:
- Distance Scale: The distance scale gives you an indication of the focal distance of the lens.
- Infrared Index: The infrared index corrects the focus setting when using monochrome infrared film.
- Depth-of-Field Scale: The depth of field is the distance in front of and behind the plane of focus on the subject that appears sharp. The depth of field is indicated by the area between the depth-of-field scale lines below the distance scale.
- Focal Length: 14mm
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.7 feet (8.4")
- Filter: Built-in gelatin filter holder in rear of lens
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 114°
- Vertical: 81°
- Horizontal: 104°
- Dimensions: 3.152" Diameter, 4.039" Length, 22.7 Ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
Shooting a lot of wide angle stuff up in the mountains, this lens just seems to always create epic images! [ Nimit Apr 26, 2017 ]
Superb quality glass. [ Alex Oct 08, 2016 ]
For my wife's hobby of Photography. [ Richard Dec 23, 2015 ]
Frequently Compared With
Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L
L series ultra-wide-angle prime lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras$2,099.00
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G ED
Wide-angle prime lens for Nikon SLR cameras
Sony SAL85F14Z Carl Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4
Medium telephoto prime lens for Sony A-mount DSLR cameras$1,699.99
Sony SAL1635Z2 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
Wide-angle zoom lens for Sony A-mount DSLR cameras$2,249.99