Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS
Zoom lens with image stabilization for select Canon digital SLR cameras
Item # 280EF18135 | MFR # 3558B002
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
This Canon EF-S series lens offers versatile wide-angle and telephoto shooting options with compatible Canon digital SLRs, such as the EOS T1i and 60D cameras. You'll get great indoor group shots at family gatherings, as well as tight close-ups of friends standing across the yard at your next barbecue. But its big claim to fame is its renowned Image Stabilization (IS) technology, which lets you take sharp, in-focus photographs in all sorts of lighting conditions.
We've all taken a picture that turned out blurry because our hands moved a little while we were capturing the shot. Canon's Image Stabilization elegantly solves this problem. Built-in vibration sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly compensating for camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures even in low-light conditions where hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens. IS lenses are much loved by photographers who don't like to carry along a tripod on every excursion, but who require crisp photos as a matter of course.
- EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 29-216mm
- compatible with Canon APS-C format digital SLR cameras
- image stabilization allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four stops slower shutter speed)
- minimum focus distance: 18 inches
- minimum aperture: f/22 (at 18mm)/f/36 (at 135mm)
- constructed of 16 elements in 12 groups
- filter size: 67mm
- lens is 4-3/8" long, 3" in diameter
- front and rear lens caps included
- weight: 16 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EFS 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens
- Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Warranty/Registration card
- Instruction booklet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Compatibility: The Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS zoom lens can be used only with select Canon EOS digital SLR cameras that are compatible with EF-S lenses, including the Digital Rebel series. (See list of compatible cameras below.)
Standard Zoom Design: This standard zoom lens' focal range gives you versatile wide-angle and telephoto shooting options. It features a wide focal length range equivalent to 29-216mm in the 35mm format.
Optical Image Stabilizer: The lens features an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 4-stops of effective correction even at full zoom. Since the Optical Image Stabilizer system is in the lens, not in the camera, you can see the stabilized, steadier images through the viewfinder. The Stabilizer switch is located on the barrel of the lens.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: To shoot in Auto Focus mode, you must set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF." The Auto Focus adjustment is gear-driven by a DC monitor. To manually focus the camera, you must set the switch to "MF," and focus by turning the focusing ring. The AF/MF switch is located on the barrel of the lens.
Optional Accessories (available from Canon): You can attach optional filters (67 mm) to the filter mounting thread on the front of the lens. You can also use the optional EF 12 II and EF 25 II extension tubes. The following accessories are also available:
- Lens Hood: The EW-73D hood can keep unwanted light out of the lens and also protects the front of the lens from rain, snow, and dust.
- Filters: You can add the optional 67mm UV protector filter or the 67mm Circular Polarizer filter to this lens. In addition, with the use of an optional gelatin filter holder, you can add various gelatin filters for creating special effects.
Compatible Cameras: The lens is compatible with the following cameras:
- EOS 50D
- EOS 40D
- EOS 30D
- EOS 20D
- EOS 20Da
- EOS Digital Rebel XS/1000D
- EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D
- EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D Digital
- EOS Digital Rebel XT/350D Digital
- EOS Digital Rebel/300D Digital
Focal Length/Aperture: 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- f/22-36 (applies to 1/3-stop increments)
- f/22-38 (applies to 1/2-stop increments)
Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 74º 20' - 11º 30'
- Vertical: 45º 30' - 6º 20'
- Horizontal: 64º 30' - 9º 30'
Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.45 m/1.5'
Magnification: 0.21x (at 135 mm)
Field of View: 327 x 503 mm/12.9 x 19.8 inch (at 0.49 m/1.6 ft.) - 75 x 112 mm/3.0 x 4.4 inch (at 0.45 m/1.5 ft.)
Filter Diameter: 67 mm/2.6 inch
Dimensions: Diameter = 2.965", Length = 4.365"
Weight: 455 g/16.0 oz.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.