Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
L series wide-angle prime lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras
Item # 280EF35MM | MFR # 2512A002
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
There really aren't many lenses you can put on the front of your SLR that you'd be 100 percent happy with if they were your only lens. But this EF 35mm f/1.4L might just be a good candidate with which to try. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture makes this one of the most light-sensitive prime lenses in its class. When that aperture is wide open, it generates creamy-smooth out-of focus backgrounds that make your foreground subjects stand out against the screen or page.
The 35mm focal length is one you'll find useful again and again — as a moderate wide-angle lens on a full-frame camera, or more of a "normal" lens on an APS-C camera that will document the world in a very naturalistic fashion.
The build quality is everything you'd expect from a Canon L-Series lens. It has a satisfying heft and superb optical construction that will stand up to years of professional-level workload. Give it a week on your DSLR and see if you feel like replacing it all that often after you've seen what it can do.
- 35mm f/1.4 wide-angle lens
- compatible with all Canon digital and film EOS SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame sensor digital or 35mm film cameras
- 56mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- minimum focus distance: 12"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- maximum aperture: f/1.4
- Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for quiet, rapid autofocus
- lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- attachment/filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter, 3-5/8" long
- weight: 20.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
- lens pouch
What's in the Box:
- EF35mm f/1.4L USM wide angle lens
- E-72II front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- EW-78C Lens Hood
- Lens Case (LP1214)
- Instructions on CD-ROM
- EF Lens Quick Guide
- Warranty/Product Registration card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Canon EF35mm f/1.4L USM lens is a high-performance wide angle lens for use with Canon EOS cameras. The lens features a built-in Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for quick and quiet autofocusing. The lens is constructed of 11 elements in 9 groups.
Focus Modes: The EF35 lens is equipped with a two-way switch for setting the Focus Mode. You can choose from AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus). In Manual Focus mode, you can focus on your subject by turning the focus ring. The focusing ring always works, regardless of the focus mode.
Lens Hood: The included EW-78C lens hood cuts out unwanted light and protects the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When mounted, the lens hood adds a little more than 2" to the overall length of the lens. You can reverse-mount the lens hood on the lens for storage.
Display Window: The EF35mm lens has a display window on the barrel near the focus range switch that provides the following:
- Infinity Compensation Mark: The lens provides an "L" infinity mark to compensate for shifting of the infinity focus point that results from changes in temperature. The infinity position at normal temperature is the point at which the vertical line of the L mark is aligned with the distance indicator on the distance scale.
- Infrared Index: The infrared index corrects the focus setting when using monochrome infrared film.
- Focal Length: 35mm
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1 foot
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Angle of View:
- Diagonal: 63°
- Vertical: 38°
- Horizontal: 54°
- Dimensions: 3.106" Diameter, 3.623" Length, 20.5 Ounces
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.