Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon CanoScan LiDE120
Color image scanner
Our take on the Canon CanoScan LiDE120 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Beautiful scans made easy
The CanoScan LiDE120 color image scanner makes it easy to scan important documents and papers, or a recipe from your favorite cookbook. It also provides the high-quality scanning that you need for archiving priceless family photos. Its high resolution and color depth provide clear, clean images and lifelike reproduction of your pictures. Auto-correction software makes sure even faded photos look their best. And the LiDE120 includes My Image Garden, a convenient software package that makes organizing your photos fun and easy.
A single USB connection carries power and data for easy setup (computer not included).
Simple one-touch operation
You'll enjoy exceptional convenience as well. A single USB cable connection supplies power and data for simplified hookup. Four buttons on the '120's front panel allow easy, one-touch control of the entire scanning process. You can choose the basic "Auto Scan" button to transfer your documents to your computer, or if you have a printer connected, hit the "Copy" button to create a print. The "PDF" button lets you scan items and save them as a PDF. The "Send" button automatically passes a scanned image along as a ready-to-email file or uploads it to the cloud through third-party Evernote® or Dropbox® software apps.
Great little scanner for the price. Totally USB powered, nice image quality for basic scanning. Simple to use. Software is basic but very adequate. Love the one-button scan-to-PDF feature.
What's in the Box:
- Color image scanner
- 59" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Mini-B 2.0.USB on other end)
- Setup CD-ROM
- Getting Started guide
- Warranty sheet
- Safety and Important Information sheet
- maximum optical resolution: 2400 x 4800 dpi (19,200 x 19,200 dpi interpolated)
- 48-bit color depth
- 3-color (RGB) LED light source eliminates warm-up time for instant use
- single USB cable connection supplies data and power for simplified operation
- high-speed scan capability delivers a letter-sized color scan in 16 seconds
- compact, lightweight design
- hinged expansion top allows scanning of thick documents
- My Image Garden software makes organizing and personalizing photos fun and easy
- Auto Document Fix feature automatically produces beautiful scans with advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction
- Windows® and Mac® compatible
- maximum document size: 8-1/2" x 11-11/16"
- 9-13/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 3.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- USB cable
- CanoScan setup CD-ROM
Canon CanoScan LiDE120 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Overview: The Canon CanoScan LiDE120 compact flatbed scanner allows you to produce scans with a maximum optical resolution of 2400 x 4800. It features 48-bit color depth with over 281 trillion possible colors. Using the included software, you can set the output resolution to up to 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (interpolated). The LiDE120 can deliver a letter-sized color scan in approximately 16 seconds.
3-Color LED Light Source: The CanoScan LiDE120 uses three color (RGB) LEDs as its light source.
USB 2.0 Hi Speed: The scanner uses the USB 2.0 High Speed interface for both data and power. There is no separate power cord, so you can use the scanner wherever you use your laptop.
Z-Lid Expansion Top: The LiDE120 features a double-hinged top that makes it easier to scan thick documents and books. The Z-Lid Expansion Top raises approximately one inch so that it lies flat against the top of the book or document.
Controls: There are 4 EZ buttons on the front panel of the scanner:
- PDF: scans items and easily creates PDF files, then saves them
- Auto Scan: detects the item type automatically and saves them to a computer
- Copy: scans items and prints them on a printer
- Send: scans items and attaches the scanned images to an email, or sends them to an application. The items can be sent directly to the cloud when Evernote or Dropbox software is installed on your computer.
Data Formats: The images can be saved in several different formats, depending upon application and computer (Windows or Macintosh). The files can be saved as:
- PNG (.png): A data format often used on websites, PNG is suitable for editing saved images.
- JPEG (.jpg): A data format often used on websites and for digital camera images. JPEG features high compression rates. JPEG images slightly degrade every time they are saved, and cannot be returned to their original state. JPEG is not available for black and white images.
- TIFF (.tif): A file format featuring a relatively high compatibility between various computers and applications. TIFF is suitable for editing saved images. Some TIFF files are incompatible. IJ Scan Utility supports the following TIFF file formats: Uncompressed black & white binary, Uncompressed RGB (8 bits per channel), Uncompressed RGB (16 bits per channel), and Uncompressed Grayscale.
- PDF (.pdf): A file format developed by Adobe Systems for electronic documents. It can be used on various computer and operating systems, and can be exchanged between people who use different operating systems, fonts, etc. regardless of the differences.
My Image Garden: The LiDE120 includes My Image Garden software which allows you to easily scan photos and documents, organize your photos, correct and enhance photos, print photos and documents, capture and print frames in videos, and print disc labels for CD/DVD/BD.
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Sensor Type: CIS
- Light Source: 3-color (RGB) LED
- Interface: Hi-speed USB
- Optical Resolution: 2400 x 4800 dpi
- Selectable Resolution: 25-19,200 dpi (ScanGear)
- Scanning Bit Depth:
- Color: 48-bit internal (16-bit input for each color (RGB)), 48-bit or 24-bit external (16 bit or 8 bit output for each color (RGB))
- Grayscale: 16-bit or 8-bit output
- Maximum Document Size: 8.5" x 11.7" (A4/Letter)
- Power Supply: Supplied USB port (no external adapter required)
- Power Consumption: In operation: 2.5 watts maximum; In standby: 1.5 watts (USB connection to PC), Off: 11mW (USB connection to PC)
- Weight: 3.4 pounds
|Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 8 or later||Safari 5 or later|
|Display||XGA 1024 x 768||XGA 1024 x 768|
|Hard Disk Space||3.1 GB
Note: for bundled software installation.
Note: for bundled software installation.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
i owned one but it is broken. i needed a replacement [ deborah Dec 14, 2015 ]
Past Canon scanners have been very reliable. The only reason I'm ordering a new one is the driver for the old one doesn't work for Windows 8.1 and above. The 15 year old scanner otherwise would have been fine. I think it's a disgusting waste and environmentally unethical to force customers to throw away a perfectly functioning device just because of an OS upgrade. [ James Dec 07, 2015 ]