Canon EOS M6 Video Creator Kit
24-megapixel mirrorless camera with 15-45mm zoom lens, Rode® VideoMic GO™, and 32GB memory card
Canon EOS M6 Video Creator Kit - includes 15-45mm zoom lens, RODE VideoMic GO, and 32GB SanDisk memory card
Item # 280M6VCK | MFR # 1724C064
Instant Savings: -$150.00
$849.00 Earn up to 849 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Our take on the Canon EOS M6 Video Creator Kit by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Your vision brought to life
The included Rode shotgun mic adds detailed sound to your videos.
Whether you're an experienced videographer of you're just getting started with video, the Canon EOS M6 Video Creator Kit gives you the tools you need to turn your creative visions into reality with stunning picture quality and clear sound.
An agile moviemaker
The M6 records 1080p high-def movies in MP4 format for easy sharing. Touch-activated autofocus and manual controls make it easy to adjust settings on the fly. Canon's fast-focusing 15-45mm STM (stepping motor) zoom lens gives you near-silent autofocus during shooting. Five-axis digital image stabilization minimizes camera shake, so you can capture video on foot and get results that won't make you seasick.
The included Rode shotgun microphone adds high-quality sound without weighing down the camera. This directional mic attenuates sounds from the sides so whatever it's pointed at sounds closer to the camera, even when you're working with a lot of ambient noise.
Keep up with the action
The EOS M6's Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system is fast and smooth. This 49-point system excels in challenging light and accurately tracks moving subjects. Movie focus is natural and precise, even when switching between subjects.
Intuitive framing and focusing
The M6 sports a 3.0" tilting LCD touchscreen for easy, intuitive shooting. The touchscreen tilts upward or downward to help you compose shots from high or low angles and frame self-portraits and group shots. Use the touchscreen to change settings, define autofocus points, and trigger the shutter.
The M6 does not have a built-in viewfinder. If you'd like to add one on, it's compatible with Canon's optional EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder.
Wireless convenience and control
The M6's Wi-Fi® lets you upload and share photos and videos in a matter of moments. You can exchange data with other Canon cameras, play back images and movies on a smart TV, and print directly to a Wi-Fi printer.
Canon's free Camera Connect app lets you manage photos and videos taken with the M6 on your phone or tablet. Use your device to see what the camera sees, trigger the shutter remotely, and even change settings on the M6.
- 24.2-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm)
- includes EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens (35mm equivalent focal length 24-72mm)
- compatible with Canon EF-M mount lenses
- compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S lenses when used with optional EF-EOS M Mount adapter
- 49-point Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system for fast, accurate focusing
- AF tracking locks focus for sharp captures of moving subjects
- DIGIC 7 image processor for speedy operation and reduced noise at high ISO settings
- face detection autofocus for sharp candids and portraits
- built-in Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing for easy sharing and control from smart devices
- Bluetooth® low energy provides a constant connection to your compatible device with Canon Connect app
- 3.0", 1.04-million-dot tilting LCD touchscreen with brightness control
- tilts up to 180 degrees upward or 45 degrees downward for creative composition at high or low angles
- compatible with optional EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder
- stills can be recorded while simultaneously shooting video
- self-cleaning sensor activates when the camera powers on or off to remove dust for spot-free images
Exposure Modes and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: up to 7 frames per second (up to 9 frames per second with AF Lock)
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-6,400, expandable to 25,600 equivalent
- program auto, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, manual, and fully automatic exposure modes
- flash sync at 1/200 seconds or less
File Formats and Storage:
- still image storage modes: JPEG, RAW, and RAW+JPEG
- top JPEG resolution (pixels): 6,000 x 4,000
- AVC/H 2.64 HD movies with stereo sound
- shoots HD video up to 1920 x 1080 resolution
- records photos and video onto optional SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB 2.0 interface
- mini HDMI output (cable not included)
- 3.5mm external stereo microphone input jack (microphone not included)
- 4-7/16"W x 2-11/16"H x 1-13/16"D (without lens)
- weight (with memory card and battery): 13.8 oz.
- Rode VideoMic GO shotgun microphone
- SanDisk 32GB SD card
- rechargeable LP-E17 lithium ion battery
- battery charger
- USB cable
- neck strap
- body and lens caps
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- EOS M6 camera body (black)
- Body cap R-F-4 (installed)
- Hot shoe cover (installed)
- EF-M 15-45mm IS STM zoom lens (black)
- E-49 Front lens cap (installed)
- EB Rear lens cap (installed)
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.2V 1040mAh 7.5Wh) with plastic terminal cover
- LC-E17 Battery charger (DC output: 8.4V 0.7A)
- EM-300DB Neck strap
- Getting Started manual
- Warranty card
- Online registration card
- Caution sheet
- RØDE Videomic GO On-camera Shotgun Microphone
- 7" Coiled dual mono output cable
- Quick Start Guide (microphone)
- SanDisk Ultra 32 GB SDHC UHS-I memory card
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3.0"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||24-72mm|
|Image Stabilization||With included lens|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||13.8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Bundle Overview: This Canon EOS M6 Video Creators kit includes the EOS M6 camera body, EF-M 15-45mm IS STM zoom lens, RØDE Videomic GO On-camera Shotgun Microphone, and a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra UHS-I SDHC memory card. The camera has the Canon M mount, and is compatible with Canon EF-M lenses. With the optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS M, the EOS M6 camera is also compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
3.0" Touch Panel LCD Monitor: The EOS M6 features a 3.0" Touch Panel LCD monitor, with a 3:2 aspect ratio and approximately 1.04-million dots for composing and viewing images. The LCD monitor can tilt downward to about 85°, which makes it easier to frame high-angle shots, and can tilt upward to approximately 180° for easier low-angle shots or for framing self-portraits. The Touch Shutter feature lets you take photos by touching the screen to shoot.
Optional Viewfinder: The M6 does not include a viewfinder, however the optional EVF-DC2 electronic viewfinder (or EVF-DC1) can be attached to the camera's hot shoe to give you an eye level view of your subject. The EVF-DC2 features a dioptric ring to allow you to focus the image to your eyesight. The viewfinder receives power from the camera battery, which reduces the battery life.
24.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: Canon's large-area CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers approximately 25.8 million total pixels and 24.2 million effective pixels. This APS-C-sized sensor (22.3mm x 14.9mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective 1.6x field of view, compared to 35mm format. The camera has an image sensor cleaning function that automatically removes dust when the power is turned on or off. The cleaning function can be activated manually as well.
DIGIC 7: The EOS M6 features Canon's DIGIC 7 Image Processor to complement the 24.2 Megapixel image sensor. The DIGIC 7 helps to keep subjects in focus with enhanced tracking and detection capabilities. The DIGIC 7 also lowers noise in low light and high ISO images.
Image Stabilization: The camera offers Continuous Image Stabilization for still images and movies, which corrects camera movement or camera shake, using the built-in image stabilization from compatible Canon lenses (such as the included EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, or the optional EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens). In addition, Combination IS, which uses the built-in Digital IS in combination with the Optical IS from the compatible lens, to provide 5-axis Image Stabilization (pitch, roll, yaw, vertical, horizontal) for movies only.
Still Image Recording: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. You can choose from the following image sizes: Large, Medium, Small 1, and Small 2. For each resolution (except Small 2), you can set the compression to Fine or Normal. You can set the camera to RAW + JPEG and record a RAW image and a JPEG image simultaneously.
Aspect Ratio: The camera image sensor has an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can choose to record still images in 3:2, 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1 aspect ratios. This gives you the option of selecting any of the following image sizes:
|Quality||Aspect Ratio and Pixel Count|
|Large||6000 x 4000||6000 x 3368||5328 x 4000||4000 x 4000|
|Medium||3984 x 2656||3984 x 2240||---||2656 x 2656|
|Small 1||2976 x 1984||2976 x 1680||2656 x 1992||1984 x 1984|
|Small 2||2400 x 1600||2400 x 1344||2112 x 1600||1600 x 1600|
RAW File Format: The RAW file format (CR2, a Canon 14-bit RAW format) records the image data as captured by the camera's CMOS sensor without further processing and converts it to digital data and records it onto the card as is. RAW images can be adjusted, then developed and produced into JPEG or TIFF images using the downloadable Digital Photo Professional or EOS Utility software. RAW images will be identified with the .CR2 file extension.
Recording Media: The EOS M6 records images on an SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, including UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory cards. A SanDisk 32GB SDHC UHS-I memory card is included in this special Video Creators Kit.
Shooting Modes: The EOS M6's top-mounted mode dial lets you choose the shooting mode:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: This mode provides optimal settings for specific scenes automatically. The camera analyzes the scene and applies the settings.
- Hybrid Auto: In the Hybrid Auto mode, the camera records 2-4 second clips of scenes before each shot which are later combined into a digest movie.
- Creative Assist: The Creative Assist mode guides you through numerous options to make your photos better and more dynamic. You can change the background focus, brightness, contrast, color saturation and tone, and choose from five monochrome tones.
- Special Scene: In the Scene mode, you can select a setting that matches the shooting scene, and the camera automatically configures the settings. Available scenes include: Self-Portrait, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Handheld Night Scene, Food, Panning, and HDR Backlight Control.
- Creative Filters: The Creative Filters mode lets you add effects to your images while you shoot. You can choose from Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fish-Eye Effect, Art Bold Effect, Water Painting Effect, Toy Camera Effect, High Dynamic Range, and Miniature Effect.
- Program AE: This is a general-purpose shooting mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-priority AE: In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-priority AE: In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness.
- Manual Exposure: You set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Custom Modes (C1, C2): You can use the C1 and C2 positions on the mode dial to save commonly used shooting modes and your configured function settings. Settings that are usually cleared when you switch shooting modes or turn off the camera are retained.
- Movies: Movie mode lets you shoot High Definition and Standard Definition videos in 16:9 widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratios. You can use the mode switch or the dedicated recording button to begin recording movies.
Shooting Movies: The EOS M6 can record movies in High Definition or Standard Definition at different frame rates. Movies are recorded in MOV format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, and AAC audio. You can record audio using the built-in stereo microphone, or an optional external microphone. You can record up to 29 minutes 59 seconds in a single clip. When shooting movies, a large-capacity SD card with a speed rating of Class 4 or higher is recommended. You can select from the following recording sizes and frame rates:
|Resolution||Frame Rate||Recording Bit Rate|
|1920 x 1080||60 fps (59.94 fps)||50 fps||35 Mbps|
|30 fps (29.97 fps)||25 fps||24 Mbps|
|24 fps (23.98 fps)||---|
|1280 x 720||60 fps (59.94 fps)||50 fps||16 Mbps|
|640 x 480||30 fps (29.97 fps)||25 fps||3 Mbps|
Manual Focusing: If you choose to focus manually with an EF-M lens, you will need to switch to Manual Focus in the menu then turn the focusing ring on the lens. If using an EF or EF-S lens (with the EF-EOS-M adapter), you will need to turn the camera off to set the focus mode switch on the lens from AF to MF, turn the camera back on, and turn the lens focusing ring until the subject looks sharp. You can magnify the image 5x or 10x for better visibility when focusing.
ISO Speed: When shooting in Basic Zone modes, ISO speed can be automatically set between ISO 100 and 6400. You can also set the ISO speed manually between ISO 100 and 6400, (and 8000-25600 in P, A, S, M shooting modes).
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings: Auto, Day Light, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Color Temperature, and Custom.
Picture Style: By selecting a picture style you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. Picture Style setting is not available in Basic Zone modes, except Creative Auto. Picture Style selections include: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation is used to alter the camera's standard exposure setting. You can make the image look lighter (increased exposure) or darker (decreased exposure). The exposure compensation amount can be set up to +/-3 EV in 1/3-stop increments using the dedicated dial on the top panel.
Flash: The camera has a built-in pop-up flash with three flash modes: Auto, On, and Slow Synchro.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode utilizes all of the frame, and is suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions. After detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc; uses approximately 10% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject; uses approximately 2% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
Continuous Shooting Mode: In Continuous Shooting mode, you can shoot up to about 9 frames per second. The maximum number of shots in a single burst will vary with the image quality setting: JPEG 24-26 images, RAW 17 images, and RAW+JPEG 16 images.
Self-Timer: The camera will record an image following a preset time delay after pressing the shutter release. The self-timer lamp and beeper will indicate a countdown before the picture is taken. You can choose from the following self-timer modes:
- 10 Second: The camera takes a single image 10 seconds after pressing the shutter release button.
- 2 Second: The camera takes a single image 2 seconds after pressing the shutter release. This is handy for reducing camera shake.
- Custom: You can specify the delay between 0 and 30 seconds, and the number of shots, between 1 and 10.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback. The Auto Rotation feature can be turned off, if desired.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can set the time each image is displayed on the LCD monitor to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. You can also select which images to display: all images, images by date, images by folder, people, movies only, stills only, or by rating.
Index Display: This feature allows you to view 6, 12, 42, and 110 images at once on the LCD monitor so that you can search for an image quickly.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image from 2x to 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
PictBridge Printing: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
DPOF Print Settings: On the memory card, you can select which image or images you want to print and how many copies you want. This is convenient for printing images all at once, on optional Canon direct print function compliant printers, on PictBridge compliant printers, or at participating photo labs.
Shotgun Microphone: Included in this Video Creators kit is the RØDE VideoMic GO On-camera Shotgun Microphone. The mic mounts to the accessory shoe of the camera and plugs into the 3.5mm mic input with the supplied cable. The mic receives power from the camera, and the signal is transferred to the camera through the cable. The microphone features the Rycote Lyre shock mount to isolate the mic from bumps and vibrations.
Wireless Overview: Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to send images wirelessly from the camera to a variety of compatible devices, and operate the camera remotely from your smartphone. The camera supports IEEE 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.1 (BLE).
NFC-Compatible: The EOS M6 is compatible with NFC-compatible Android smartphones (version 4.0 or later), which allows you to connect by touching the phone to the N-Mark on the bottom of the camera.
Compatible Devices: You can connect the camera to the following devices and services via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth:
- Smartphones and Tablets: Using the Canon Camera Connect app you can transfer photos and videos to your mobile device, and use the device to control the camera. The app is available for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or later, and Android devices with OS 4.1 and up.
- Other Cameras: You can send images from the EOS M6 to another Wi-Fi-connected Canon camera, or vice versa.
- Wireless Printing: You can print images wirelessly on a Wi-Fi-connected printer. You can use an existing access point, or use the camera as an access point.
- Canon Connect Station: You can connect directly to the Canon Connect Station CS100 and transfer photos and videos to the built-in 1 TB of storage.
- Canon iMAGE Gateway: With a one-time registration to the Canon iMAGE Gateway, you can send photos and videos to the web service from your PC or smartphone.
- DLNA Media Player: You can view images in your camera on a DLNA-compatible TV, game system, smartphone, or other media player.
HDMI Output: The camera is equipped with a Micro-HDMI jack (Type D) which allows you to connect the camera to an HDTV. A micro-HDMI-to-HDMI cable is required.
USB Port: The USB 2.0 port with a Micro-B USB connector allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the supplied USB cable for downloading the recorded images and movies.
Microphone: The camera has a 3.5mm minijack input for connecting an external microphone, such as the Canon DM-E1 directional microphone.
Battery: The EOS M6 operates on the supplied LP-E17 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V, 1040 mAh, 7.5Wh). The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E17 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. Typical battery life for the LP-E17 battery is as follows (using EF-M 15-45mm lens):
- Still Images: Approx. 295 shots (290 with optional Electronic Viewfinder); 425 shots in Eco Mode
- Movie Recording: Approx. 85 minutes (Monitor or optional EVF); Approx. 145 minutes (Continuous shooting)
Power Saving: You can save battery power by activating the Display Off and Auto Power Down features. After a pre-selected period of time (10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min), the display will automatically turn itself off if no buttons are pressed. After approximately 2 additional minutes (5 minutes in playback mode), the camera will automatically power down.
Optional AC Power: With the optional DR-E17 DC Coupler and CA-PS700 AC adapter, you can connect the camera to household power without worry of the battery becoming exhausted.
Lens: This EOS M6 kit comes with the EF-M 15-45mm IS STM lens. IS stands for Image Stabilizer, while STM stands for Stepping Motor.
Image Stabilizer: The Image Stabilizer system built into the lens provides up to four equivalent stops of shake correction, giving you much sharper photos at full zoom, and blur-free videos.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: When using an EF-M lens, the focus mode can be set in the camera menu or on the lens barrel. After setting the mode to Manual Focus or AF-MF, you can focus on your subject by turning the focusing ring.
|EF-M 15-45mm IS STM|
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 9 groups|
|Angle of View||Diagonal: 84°30'- 33°40' |
|Maximum Magnification||0.25x (at 45mm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.82' (9.84")|
|Filter Diameter||49mm (E-49)|
|Hood||EW-53 (sold separately)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.389" |
Length: 2.037" (2.533" w/caps)
Software: The following software is available for download from the Canon website for use with the EOS M6:
- Digital Photo Professional (Windows/Mac): primarily used for browsing, selecting, and developing RAW images. It has various image adjustment functions in the Picture Style format, and allows you to make adjustments easily. Available for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12.
- EOS Utility (Windows/Mac): an application for making camera settings, transferring images, and remote shooting. Available for Windows 10 (desktop mode only), Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12.
- Picture Style Editor (Windows/Mac): allows you to edit Picture Style to your unique image characteristics and save them as original Picture Style files. Available for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12.
- Image Transfer Utility (Windows/Mac): for setting up Image Sync, and receive images. Available for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12.
- Map Utility (Windows/Mac): allows you to use a map to view GPS information that has been added to images. Available for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12.
- Camera User Guide: a full 221-page instruction manual is available for download.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Canon EOS M6 Video Creator Kit
24-megapixel mirrorless camera with 15-45mm zoom lens, Rode® VideoMic GO™, and 32GB memory card$849.00$150.00 Instant Savings$999.00
Sony a6000 Kit
24-megapixel mirrorless camera with 16-50mm lens
Sony Alpha a7 (no lens included)
Full-frame 24.3-megapixel mirrorless camera with fast hybrid autofocus
Sony a6300 Kit
24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor mirrorless camera with built-in Wi-Fi® and 16-50mm lens