Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon PIXMA Pro9000
8-color large-format photo printer
Item # 280PRO9000 | MFR # 9995A001
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Canon PIXMA Pro9000by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Imagine snapping a digital picture and transforming it into a gorgeous, 13" x 19" poster-size borderless print in just moments. Canon's Pro9000 makes it easy. And the prints aren't just fast they have the look and feel of a traditional photograph. Thanks to Canon's advanced printing head and 8-color ink cartridge system, you'll enjoy remarkable grain-free sharpness and vivid, true-to-life colors.
Print easily from your camera or computer
This professional-grade printer can connect to most newer cameras and camcorders for simple, direct photo printing, because it's compatible with the PictBridge print standard. Or, you can hook it up to any computer with a USB port. The included software offers sophisticated controls that let you fine-tune images to give your prints just the right look.
Exclusive printing features with your Canon EOS 30D
Photographers shooting with Canon's EOS 30D digital SLR can take advantage of special enhanced printing capabilities when they connect their camera directly to the '9000. These features include the ability to adjust color balance, saturation and tone, as well as image contrast and brightness. They can also print handy 35-frame contact sheets that resemble 35mm film frames and make single- or 20-image prints that display major shooting information underneath each shot including lens model, shooting mode, exposure settings, ISO value, and white balance.
Accurate, economical printing
The quiet-running Pro9000 uses eight individual ink tanks to reduce waste and save you money. Instead of replacing an entire multi-color cartridge containing unused ink, you can change just a single color at a time. A convenient low-ink sensor shows you when levels are running low. This allows sufficient time to finish what you're printing, then drop in a new tank to avoid unexpectedly running out of ink.
- print sizes: letter (8-1/2" x 11"), legal, 4" x 6", 4" x 8", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 13" x 19", envelope
- color print resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
- print speed:
- 4" x 6" borderless: approximately 30 seconds
- 8" x 10" borderless: approximately 51 seconds
- 11" x 14": approximately 1 minute 23 seconds
- ChromaLife100 8-color ink system with individual color cartridges
- Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology
- supports a wide variety of professional and fine art printing papers up to 1.2mm thick
- Direct Print Port for photo printing with PictBridge-compliant cameras and camcorders
- high-speed USB port for connection to a computer
- 26"W x 7-7/16"H x 13-3/8"D
- weight: 30.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 8 ink tanks (black, cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, red, and green)
- software CD-ROM (Windows® and Mac®)
- AC power cord
What's in the Box:
- Photo printer
- 8 Ink tanks (Black/ Red/ Green/ Yellow/ Cyan/ Magenta/ Photo Cyan/ Photo Magenta)
- 5.5' AC power cable
- Setup CD-ROM
- Quick start guide
- "Start Here" sheet
- "Trouble?" sheet
- Product registration card
- Canon solutions brochure
Overview: The Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Photo Printer's ChromaLife100 system combines the benefits of dye-based ink, Canon photo paper and FINE print head technology to produce long-lasting, beautiful prints. With an 8-color dye ink system, the Pro9000 produces a wide color gamut to achieve vivid coloration and high glossiness.
8-Color Printing: The PIXMA Pro9000 Photo Printer features the Canon 8-color ChromaLife 100 ink system for richer, more true-to-life color reproduction that will satisfy even the most demanding photographer. Its addition of red and green ink tanks expands the color spectrum to a level typically achieved only by professional printers. The eight individual ink tanks allow you to replace only the empty one, not all tanks at once, saving on printing costs in the long run.
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance print head with an amazing 6,144 nozzles, ejecting precise, consistent droplets as small as 2 picoliters. The result is 4800x2400 dpi max resolution prints producing richer images with improved brilliancy, rivaling that of positive film.
PictBridge: You can connect this printer directly to any PictBridge compliant digital camera. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge-compliant digital camera directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
Advanced Direct Print Functions:When connected to a compatible Canon PictBridge compliant digital camera, the PRo9000 allows you operate the following functions from your camera before printing.
- Color Mode Setting: you can select from the following color modes - Natural, Natural M, B/W, Cool Tone or Warm Tone
- Adjust Brightness: you can adjust the brightness of the entire image by increasing/reducing the midtone luminance without changing the colors of the darkest and brightest parts
- Specific Brightness Adjustment: specify the darkest and brightest parts or detect them automatically to print images most suitable for the midtone luminance
- Face Brightener: brightens dark faces caused by bright backgrounds
- Red-Eye Corrections: correct red eyes in images caused by camera flashes
- Contrast Adjustment: adjust the sharpness of the entire image by increasing/decreasing the contrast of the midtone luminance without changing the colors of the darkest and brightest parts
- Saturation Adjustment: adjust the vividness of the entire image by increasing/reducing saturation without changing the colors of the darkest parts, gray axis and brightest part.
- Color Tone Adjustment: adjust the color tones of the entire image by rotating the hue, without changing the colors of the darkest part, gray axis and brightest part
- Color Balance Adjustment: adjust the colors of the entire image by shifting midtone colors without changing the color of the darkest and brightest parts
Print Sizes: The PRo9000 can make various sizes of bordered or borderless photos. It can print 4"x6", 5"x7", 8"x10", 8.5"x11", 11"x14" and 13" x 19" sized photos.
Paper Type: Other than standard copy paper from 2.13"x3.39" to 8.5"x23" and from 17 to 28 lb weight, the following media is compatible with this printer:
- High resolution paper: HR-101N
- Glossy photo paper: GP-401/501
- Photo paper pro: PR-101
- Photo paper plus glossy: PP-101
- Photo paper plus semi-gloss: SG-201
- Matte photo paper: MP-101
- Fine Art Paper "Museum Etching" FA-ME1
- Fine Art Paper "Photo Rage" FA-PR1
- Fine Art Paper Premium Mate FA-PM1
- Transparencies: CF-102
- T-Shirt transfers: TR-301
- Photo Stickers PS-101
- Envelopes: European DL and US com #10
Speed: Thanks to the 6,144 nozzles, a photo lab quality 11''x14" color photo can be printed in approximately 1 minute and 23 seconds. The USB Hi-Speed interface enables fast data transfers from your computer, reducing total print time.
Dual Paper Path: The PRo9000 has two paper sources. A front loading auto feeder tray that will hold up to 50 sheets of photo paper from 4"x6" to 14"x17". On top of the printer is sheet feeder that will hold paper from 4"x6" to 13"x19" which you can leave loaded or change as often as you need. Which source feeds the printer can be selected in the printer properties dialog box on the computer or using the paper feed switch on the front of the printer.
Printing Methods: The PRo9000 offers various printing methods for your convenience.
- Borderless Printing: The borderless printing function allows you to print data without any margin by enlarging the data so that it extends slightly off the paper.
- Fit-To Page Printing: This feature automatically enlarges or reduces the printed document or photo to fit the size of the paper being used.
- Scaled Printing: This feature allows you to specify a scaling value and print a document or photo with pages enlarge or reduced to match the paper size being used.
- Page Layout Printing: The page layout printing function allows you to print more than one page image on a single sheet of paper.
- Poster Printing: This enlarges and splits the print image across several sheets of paper. The printed sheets can then be assembled to make a larger poster.
- Booklet Printing: A multi-page document is printed so that two pages of the document fit on each printed page. The print order is set automatically. After the document is printed, you can create a booklet by folding the pages and saddle-stitching the binding.
- Duplex Printing: The duplex printing function allows you to print data on both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Stamp/Background Printing: The stamp printing function allows you to print a stamp text or a bitmap (Windows XP, Windows 2000) over or behind document data. The background printing function allows you to print a light illustration behind the document data.
Print Quality and Image Data Adjustments: The PRo9000 allows you to make the following adjustments to your documents and photos.
- Print Quality Level: This function allows you to select between High, Standard, Fast or Custom. In the custom mode you can then adjust the print quality on a scale between 1 to 5.
- Halftoning Method:
Halftones refer to color shades between the darkest color and the brightest
color. The printer replaces the color shades with a collection of small dots
to express the halftones. You can select from the following Halftoning
- Dither: arranges the dots according to fixed rules to express the halftones
- Diffusion: places the dots randomly to express the halftones
- Auto: data is printed with the optimal halftoning method for the selected print quality
- Monochrome: This function allows you to adjust the grayscale so you are printing a monochrome print.
- Color Correction: The Color Correction function specifies the color adjustment method that matches the type of document to be printed. This method is suitable for printing sRGB data.
- Color Balance: The Color Balance function adjusts the color tints during printing. Since this functions adjust the output by changing the ink ratios of each color, it changes the color hues of the entire document.
- Intensity: The Intensity function dilutes (brightens) or intensifies (darkens) the colors of the overall image data during printing.
- Contrast: The Contrast function changes the differences between light and dark in images during printing.
- Brightness: The Brightness function changes the overall brightness of the image data you wish to print.
- Simulating an Illustration: With the Simulate Illustration function, you can print full-color or 256-color image data so that it looks like a hand-drawn illustration. This function adds different effect to the original profile and colors.
- Single Color: You can select your monochrome photo to be printed in the following colors - Sepia, Blue, Pink, Green or the color select using Select Color feature.
- Vivid Color: The Vivid Photo function allows you to print image data with vivid colors.
- Smoothing Jagged Outlines: The Image Optimizer function allows you to smooth jagged outlines in photos and graphics that have been enlarged with your application. This feature is especially useful when printing low-resolution images from Web pages.
- Color Properties: The Photo Optimizer Pro function allows you to adjust colors of images input from a digital camera or scanner. This function compensates for color shift, overexposure and underexposure.
- Photo Noise Reduction: The Photo Noise Reduction function allows you to reduce the digital camera noise and improve the images quality of the digital print.
Gray Scale: This printer allows you to print full-color digital photos in grayscale. The printer uses black and gray ink for grayscale printing together with the minimum amount of color ink required. This prevents color inconsistency in grayscale photos. In addition, you can print grayscale photos with a cool bluish tint or a warm reddish tint.
Ink Level: You can confirm the ink level in each ink tank through the ink lamps. Open the top cover of the printer to see how the ink lamps light or flash. The ink lamp flashes slowly (at about a 3 second interval) when Ink is low. The ink lamp flashes quickly (at about a 1 second interval) and the Alarm lamp on the printer flashes orange four time when the Ink is out.
Easy-PhotoPrint Pro (Windows/Macintosh): You can print digital camera photos by utilizing their source color space to the fullest extent. It also supports Adobe RGB so you can even reproduce a photo of the ocean or green leaves vividly.
PhotoRecord (Windows): You can create fun and unique photo albums with decorative themes such as frame, background, and clip art. Also compatible with ExifPrint.
Easy-WebPrint (Windows): Enables you to print homepages on Internet Explorer in full size without the right side being cropped. Requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or later.
Windows Minimum System Requirements:
|Interface||Operating System||Processor||Ram||Hard Disk Space||Drive||Display|
|USB 2.0 Hi-Speed||Window XP SP1, SP2|
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
|Pentium III (Celeron 566 MHz)||128 MB||400 MB||CD-ROM||800 x 600 |
Color 16 bit
|USB||Windows XP SP1, SP2|
Window 2000 Professional SP2, SP3, SP4
Window Millennium Edition
Windows 98, 98 Second Edition
|Pentium II 300 MHz||128 MB||400 MB||CD-ROM||800 x 600|
Color 16 bit
Macintosh Minimum System Requirements:
|Interface||Operating System||Processor||RAM||Hard Disc Space||Drive||Display|
|USB 2.0 Hi-Speed||Mac OS X v.10.4||Intel Processor|
Power PC G3/G4/G5
|256 MB||250 MB||CD-ROM||800 x 600|
|USB 2.0 Hi-Speed||Mac OS X v.10.2.8 - v.10.3||Intel
Power PC G3/G4/G5
|128 MB||250 MB||CD-ROM||
800 x 600|
Back Panel of Printer:
- Power cord connection: Jack for use with supplied AC cord.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: USB-Type B Hi-Speed connector used to hook up to your PC.
- Direct Print Port: USB-Type A connector used to connect the printer to a compatible digital camera or camcorder.
- Paper Tray: For the paper you regularly use.
- Sheet Feeder: For paper you use less often.
Paper output tray and sheet feeder paper rest closed:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 7.4375"
- Depth: 13.375"
Front paper tray and sheet feeder paper rest open and fully extended:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 13.3125"
- Depth: 26.125"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.