Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Canon PIXMA Pro9500
10-color large-format photo printer
Item # 280PRO9500 | MFR # 0373B001
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Canon PIXMA Pro9500 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Turn your favorite digital images into 13" x 19" gallery-ready prints with Canon's PIXMA Pro9500. This pro-quality photo printer uses an advanced 10-color pigment-based ink system that lets you create stunning, high-accuracy color and monochrome prints. Unlike most consumer inkjet printers that use dye-based inks, the special pigment inks used by the Pro9500 produce longer-lasting prints with exceptionally smooth gradations of color.
Print easily from your camera or computer
This printer connects to most newer cameras and camcorders for simple, direct photo printing, because it's compatible with the PictBridge print standard. Or, you can hook it up to any computer with a USB port. The included software offers sophisticated controls that let you fine-tune images to give your prints just the right look.
Exclusive printing features with your Canon EOS SLR
The '9500 offers enhanced options when printing directly from select Canon EOS digital SLR cameras. You can adjust the color balance, saturation and tone, and image contrast and brightness. Using a compatible EOS camera also lets you print handy 35-frame contact sheets that resemble 35mm film frames. Or make single- or 20-image prints that display key details underneath each shot including lens model, shooting mode, exposure settings, and more.
Accurate, economical printing
The quiet-running Pro9500 uses 10 individual ink tanks to reduce waste and save you money. Instead of replacing an entire multi-color cartridge containing unused ink, you can change just a single color at a time. A convenient low-ink sensor shows you when levels are running low. This allows you enough time to finish what you're printing, then drop in a new tank to avoid unexpectedly running out of ink.
What's in the Box:
- Photo printer
- 10 Ink tanks (Matte Black/ Photo Black/ Red/ Green/ Yellow/ Cyan/ Photo Cyan/ Magenta/ Photo Magenta/ Gray)
- 68" AC power cable
- Setup CD-ROM (with manual)
- Quick start guide
- Start Here sheet
- Windows Vista note
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro Application Guide note
- Product registration card
- Canon solutions brochure
- Paper Support/Front Tray note
- print sizes: letter (8-1/2" x 11"), legal, 4" x 6", 4" x 8", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", 13" x 19"
- color print resolution: 4800 x 2400 dpi
- 10-color Lucia pigment ink system with individual color cartridges
- Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) technology
- supports a wide variety of professional and fine art printing papers up to 1.2mm thick
- Direct Print Port for photo printing with PictBridge-compliant cameras and camcorders
- high-speed USB port for connection to a computer
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plug-in software for use with Adobe® Photoshop® CS/CS2/CS3
- 25-15/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 13-15/16"D
- weight: 33.9 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 10 ink tanks (matte black, photo black, gray, cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, red, and green)
- software CD-ROM (Windows® and Mac®)
- AC power cord
10-Color Printing: The Pro9500 features the Canon 10-color pigment ink system for rich, true-to-life color reproduction. The ten ink tanks expand the color spectrum to a level typically achieved only by professional printers. When a tank is empty, you replace only the empty one, not all tanks at once, saving on printing costs in the long run.
Resolution: Canon's Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance print head with an amazing 7,680 nozzles, ejecting precise, consistent droplets as small as 3 picoliters. The result is 4800x2400 dpi max resolution prints producing rich images with improved brilliancy, rivaling that of positive film.
Black & White: Using matte black, photo black, and gray ink tanks, the Pro9500 produces professional quality black and white prints.
PictBridge: You can connect this printer directly to any PictBridge compliant digital camera. PictBridge is a new standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge-compliant digital camera directly to a PictBridge-compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
Advanced Direct Print Functions: When connected to a compatible PictBridge device (digital camera, camcorder, or camera phone) the Pro9500 allows you operate the following functions from your camera before printing (not all functions are available on all cameras):
- Print Size: PictBridge print sizes include 4"x6", 5"x7" (Canon devices only), 8"x10", 8.5"x11", 11"x14" and 13" x 19"
- Paper Type: photo, semi-gloss (Canon devices only), fine art (bordered prints only), and plain (8.5" x 11" only); paper type options vary with print size
- Bordered or borderless
- Print Exif image data along with picture(s)
- Contact print layout, 35mm film style
- Index print
- Print date or file number
- Optimize image using Exif data
- Trim: select the area of the picture to be printed
- Additional options for compatible Canon source devices:
- Vivid: prints green and blue more vividly
- NR (Noise Reduction): reduce noise in blue and dark areas in the picture
- Vivid & NR: combination of both features
- Face: corrects the contrast of backlit subjects
- Red-Eye: correct red eyes in images caused by camera flashes
- Color Mode Setting: using certain Canon SLR cameras you can select one of the following color modes - Natural, Natural M, B/W, Cool Tone, or Warm Tone
Dual Paper Path: The Pro9500 has two paper sources. The top loading auto feeder tray will hold up to 150 sheets of 17 lb plain paper (fewer if the paper is heavier or using photo paper). The front tray is used for larger or heavier paper and is fed one sheet at a time. Select which source feeds the printer with the Front Feed button on the front of the printer.
Print Sizes: The Pro9500 can print on various standard paper sizes:
- Letter: 8.5" x 11"
- Legal: 8.5" x 14"
- Tabloid: 11" x 17"
- A5: 5.83" x 8.27"
- A4: 8.27" x 11.69"
- A3: 11.69" x 16.54"
- A3+: 13" x 19"
- B5: 7.17" x 10.12"
- B4: 10.12" x 14.33"
- 4" x 6"
- 4" x 8"
- 5" x 7"
- 8" x 10"
- 10" x 12"
- 14" x 17" (front tray only)
- L: 3.5" x 5" (auto feeder only)
- 2L: 5" x 7.01"
- Hagaki: 3.94" x 5.83"
- Hagaki 2: 7.87" x 5.83"
- Art Letter (Margin 35): 8.5" x 11"
- Art A4 (Margin 35): 8.27" x 11.69"
- Art A3 (Margin 35): 11.69" x 16.54"
- Art A3+ (Margin 35): 12.95" x 19.02"
Non-Standard Paper Sizes: Non-standard paper sizes can also be used; from 3.50" x 4.72" to 12.95" x 23" in the auto feeder and from 3.94" x 5.83" to 14" x 23" in the front tray.
Paper Type: Other than plain from 17 to 28 lb weight, these standard media are compatible:
- Matte photo paper: MP-101
- Photo paper plus glossy: PP-101
- Photo paper plus semi-gloss: SG-201
- Fine Art Paper:
- Museum Etching: FA-ME1
- Photo Rag: FA-PR1
- Premium Matte: FA-PM1
- Photo Stickers: PS-101
Media to avoid:
- Too Thin:
- Auto Feeder: less than 64 gsm/17 lb
- Front Tray: less than 0.1mm/4 mil
- Too Thick:
- Auto Feeder: more than 105 gsm/28 lb (select art paper up to 200 gsm/53 lb)
- Front Tray: more than 1.2mm/47 mil
- Picture postcards
- Postcards affixed with photos or stickers
- Any paper with holes
- Non-rectangular paper
- Bound paper: staples or glue
- Adhesive covered paper
- Decorated paper: glitter, etc
- These Canon papers:
- High resolution paper: HR-101N
- Glossy photo paper: GP-401/501
- Photo Paper Glossy: GP-502
- Photo Paper Plus Double Sided: PP-101
- Photo paper pro: PR-101
- Transparencies: CF-102
- T-Shirt transfers: TR-301
Speed: A photo lab quality 11'' x 14" color photo can be printed (on 13" x 19" paper) in approximately 4 minutes, an 8" x 10" borderless print in approximately 2 minutes 7 seconds. The USB Hi-Speed interface enables fast data transfers from your computer, reducing total print time.
Printing Methods: The Pro9500 offers various printing methods for your convenience.
- Borderless Printing: print data without any margin by enlarging the data so that it extends slightly off the paper
- Fit-To Page Printing: enlarges or reduces the document or photo to fit the size of the paper being used
- Scaled Printing: specify a scaling value and print a document or photo with pages enlarged or reduced to match the paper size being used
- Page Layout Printing: print more than one page image on a single sheet of paper
- Poster Printing: enlarge and split an image across several sheets of paper, the printed sheets can then be assembled to make a larger poster
- Booklet Printing: a multi-page document is printed so that two pages of the document fit on each printed page, the print order is set automatically; after the document is printed, you can create a booklet by folding the pages and saddle-stitching the binding
- Duplex Printing: print data on both sides of a sheet of paper
- Stamp/Background Printing: print a stamp text or a bitmap (Windows XP, Windows 2000) over or behind document data, the background printing function allows you to print a light illustration behind the document data
- Display Results: show print results on your computer monitor before printing using the printer driver setup window
Print Quality and Image Data Adjustments: The Pro9500 allows you to make the following adjustments to your documents and photos:
- Print Quality: select High or Standard
- Halftoning Method: halftones refer to color shades between the darkest color and the brightest
color, the printer replaces the color shades with a collection of small dots
to express the halftones; select from the following Halftoning
- Dither: arranges the dots according to fixed rules to express the halftones
- Diffusion: places the dots randomly to express the halftones
- Auto: data is printed with the optimal halftoning method for the selected print quality
- Monochrome: adjust the grayscale so you are printing a monochrome print
- Tone: when printing in black & white, set tone to cool, standard, or warm
- Color Correction: specifies the color adjustment method that matches the type of document to be printed; suitable for printing sRGB data
- Color Balance: adjusts the color tints during printing, since this function adjusts the output by changing the ink ratios of each color, it changes the color hues of the entire document
- Intensity: dilutes (brightens) or intensifies (darkens) the colors of the overall image data during printing
- Contrast: changes the differences between light and dark in images during printing
- Brightness: changes the overall brightness of the image data you wish to print
- Simulating an Illustration: print full-color or 256-color image data so that it looks like a hand-drawn illustration, this function adds different effects to the original profile and colors
- Single Color: select your monochrome photo be printed in one of the following colors - Sepia, Blue, Pink, Green, or customize using the Select Color feature
- Vivid Color: print image data with vivid colors, specifically green and blue, while skin tones remain natural
- Smoothing Jagged Outlines: smooth jagged outlines in photos and graphics that have been enlarged with your application, especially useful when printing low-resolution images from Web pages
- Color Properties: the Photo Optimizer Pro function allows you to adjust colors of images input from a digital camera or scanner; compensates for color shift, overexposure and underexposure
- Photo Noise Reduction: reduce the digital camera noise and improve the images quality of the digital print
Gray Scale: This printer allows you to print full-color digital photos in grayscale. The printer uses black and gray ink for grayscale printing together with the minimum amount of color ink required. This prevents color inconsistency in grayscale photos.
Ink Level: You can confirm the ink level in each ink tank through the ink lamps. Open the top cover of the printer to see how the ink lamps light or flash. The ink lamp flashes slowly (at about a 3 second interval) when Ink is low. The ink lamp flashes quickly (at about a 1 second interval) and the Alarm lamp on the printer flashes orange when the Ink is out.
Canon Setup Utility (Windows/Macintosh): Pre-specify the type and size of media to be printed on from a PictBridge-compatible device without operating your PC (printer driver).
Canon IJ Printer Driver (Windows): Software to drive this specific printer.
Easy-PhotoPrint Pro (Windows/Macintosh): You can print digital camera photos by utilizing their source color space to the fullest extent. It also supports Adobe RGB so you can even reproduce a photo of the ocean or green leaves vividly.
Minimum System Requirements:
|Operating System||Processor||Ram||Hard Disk Space||Drive||Display|
|Windows Vista, XP (Service pack 1
Windows 2000 Professional (Service pack 2, 3, or 4)
|Pentium II 300MHz||252 MB||450 MB||CD-ROM||SVGA 800x600|
|Mac OS X v10.4||Intel||256 MB||450 MB||CD-ROM||SVGA 800x600|
|Mac OS X v10.2.8-v10.3||PowerPC G4||256 MB||400 MB||CD-ROM||SVGA 800x600|
Back Panel of Printer:
- Power cord connection: jack for use with supplied AC cord
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: USB-Type B Hi-Speed port connects to your PC
- Rear Support: receives printed documents fed into the front tray
- Power: on/off
- Resume/Cancel: resume printing after correcting a problem
- Front Feed: engage the front tray paper feed
- Direct Print Port: USB-Type A connector used to connect the printer to a compatible digital camera or camcorder.
- Front Tray: for larger and heavier paper, feed one sheet at a time; also receives printed documents fed into the auto feeder
- Auto Sheet Feeder: for paper you regularly use, holds up to 150 sheets
Front tray and rear support closed:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 7.530"
- Depth: 13.922"
Front tray, auto feeder paper support, and rear paper support open and fully extended:
- Width: 25.9375"
- Height: 15.065"
- Depth: 35.761"
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.