Canon T6i Two Zoom Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel digital SLR camera with Wi-Fi® and 18-55mm and 75-300mm zoom lenses
Our take on the Canon T6i Two Zoom Lens Kit by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
The Canon EOS Rebel T6i Zoom Kit features a built-in flash.
Rebel with a cause
Rebel cameras represent the entry point into Canon's EOS SLR family, and the T6i is a proven favorite among amateur photographers. This capable DSLR boasts a large CMOS sensor and 24-megapixel resolution, so your still photos will be sharp and detailed.
A rapid, precise 19-point autofocus system — designed for this version of the Rebel — allows you to lock onto a moving subject so you can either freeze it with a fast shutter setting, or keep up with its fluid motion in an HD video. View it all right away on the 3" tilt-and-swivel touchscreen, then use Wi-Fi and NFC touch pairing to upload and share your images.
Fast enough to keep up
When you're shooting action, you'll appreciate the difference the DIGIC 6 image processor makes. The T6i fires off continuous 24-megapixel still shots at 5 frames per second. And because the processor enables greater light sensitivity and noise reduction, it's easier to use fast shutter speeds so you can freeze the runner crossing the finish line at the perfect moment.
Even the controls are built for speed: the T6i's mode select dial is easy to reach and manipulate, so you won't lose any time fumbling for the right mode. If you're used to using a smartphone, you can react even more quickly using the T6i's intuitive touchscreen controls, including pinch-to-zoom.
Smart enough to lend a helping hand
The Rebel series offers full manual control so you can fine-tune your shot when you need to. When you're doing less formal shooting, the T6i offers intelligent auto modes that can handle the details of settings so you can focus on composition and plain old having fun.
You can automate focus, white balance and exposure modes, and the T6i offers a new scene analysis system that detects the prominent light source in your scene and makes intelligent adjustments to the camera's exposure, focus and color settings so you don't have to.
A dynamic lens duo to springboard your photography
This kit is an awesome way to break into full-scale photography without breaking the bank. While you might want to invest in specialized lenses once you've sharpened your skills, the two included lenses cover such a wide focal range they may be all you'll ever need. You've got the image-stabilized 18-55mm option for your landscapes and architecture shots, and then you've got the 75-300mm lens for distant subjects like wildlife or performers on a stage.
Experiment with both lenses for portraits and close-ups, and you'll find that each focal length gives you a distinctive look and feel. This flexibility combined with your choice of exposure settings makes it easy to develop and hone your unique style.
- 24.2-megapixel effective recording
- APS-C-size Hybrid CMOS image sensor (22.3 x 14.9 mm) includes pixels dedicated to phase-detection autofocus
- included lenses:
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 29-88mm)
- EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto zoom lens (35mm equivalent focal length: 120-480mm)
- rapid, precise 19-point autofocus system combines contrast detection and phase detection components for full-time subject tracking, even while shooting video
- touchscreen-enabled tilt-and-swivel high-res 3" LCD (1.4 million dots) with Live View mode
- built-in Wi-Fi® allows easy file sharing and remote control from smart devices
- shoots HD video up to 1920 x 1080 resolution
- DIGIC 6 image processor provides exceptional image quality and enhanced low-light sensitivity
- optical viewfinder with diopter adjustment
- manual audio level adjustment
- records photos and videos onto SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
Settings and Controls:
- continuous shooting mode: 5 frames per second (up to 22 JPEG images, or 6 RAW images)
- shutter speed range: 30-1/4,000 seconds, bulb
- sensitivity or ISO (film speed equivalent) range: 100-12,800 (25,600 expanded)
- scene analysis system detects prominent light source in a scene and makes intelligent adjustments
- shooting modes include: scene intelligent auto, program auto, creative auto, HDR backlight control, multi-shot noise reduction, flash off, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, and manual, portrait, landscape, night portrait, handheld night scene
Connections and Dimensions:
- high-speed USB interface
- audio/SD video output (NTSC/PAL selectable)
- mini HDMI output (cable not included)
- 5-1/4"W x 4"H x 3-1/8"D
- weight: 19.6 oz. (with battery)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- rechargeable LP-E8 lithium ion battery
- LC-E8E battery charger
- wide adjustable neck strap
- USB cable
- body cap and eyecup
- software CD-ROM (PC and Mac)
- camera bag
What's in the Box:
- The Canon EOS Rebel T6i Premium 2 Zoom Lens Kit consists of the following separately packaged items:
- EOS Rebel T6i with EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens Kit includes:
- Digital camera body (with body cap installed)
- EF-S 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS STM lens (with E-58II front lens cap and rear lens cap installed)
- LP-E17 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery with plastic terminal cover installed (7.2V 1040mAh 7.5Wh)
- LC-E17 Battery charger (8.4V / 0.7A)
- 52" USB cable with USB type A connector on one end and mini-B USB 2.0 on the other
- Adjustable cloth neck strap (with attached eyepiece cover)
- Canon EOS Digital Solution Disk CD-ROM Ver.30.4
- Basic Instruction Manual (English/Spanish)
- Warranty Card
- Online registration card
- EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Zoom Lens includes:
- EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto lens
- E-58mm Lens cap (installed)
- Back cover (installed)
- Limited warranty card
- The Premium 2 Zoom Lens Kit also includes:
- SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC UHS-I memory card
- Canon Shoulder Bag 100ES
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|LCD Screen Size||3"|
|Lens 35mm Equivalent||29-88mm, 120-480mm|
|Image Stabilization||With included lens|
|Highest Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Video Resolution||1920 x 1080/30p|
|Weight With Battery (ounces)||19.58|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: This Canon EOS Rebel T6i Premium 2 Zoom Lens kit includes the T6i DSLR camera body, the EF-S 18-55mm IS STM zoom lens, and the EF 75-300mm zoom lens. Also included are the Canon EOS Shoulder Bag 100ES and a SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC UHS-I memory card. The camera has a standard Canon EF mount, and is compatible with Canon EF lenses, including EF-S lenses.
Viewfinder: The Rebel T6i uses an eye-level SLR viewfinder with pentamirror with 0.85x magnification (w/50mm lens) for approximately 95% vertical and horizontal coverage. It has a -3.0 to +1.0 diopter adjustment so you can focus the viewfinder to suit your eyesight (with or without eyeglasses). When using the self-timer or remote control, when your eye does not cover the viewfinder eyepiece, stray light may enter the eyepiece and affect the exposure when the image is captured. To prevent this, you can use the supplied eyepiece cover, attached to the neck strap, to cover the eyepiece.
3" Clear View II LCD Touch Screen Monitor: The EOS Rebel T6i features a flip-out, Vari-angle Touch Panel 3" Clear View II LCD monitor that allows you to shoot at a variety of angles. It has a 3:2 aspect ratio and approximately 1,040,000 pixels for Live View composition and viewing recorded images. The screen has the same capacitive technology as today's popular mobile devices, and delivers intuitive touch panel operation. Two-finger gestures (multi-touch) can be used for zooming or changing images, menu and quick control settings can be accessed, and focus point and shutter release can be activated with the touch of a fingertip. The LCD monitor offers 100% viewing coverage and 7 brightness levels to choose from.
Live View: The Live View Function enables viewing your subjects directly on the camera's 3" LCD monitor. The camera allows you to magnify any part of the scene 5x or 10x for precise manual focusing. You can choose one of two grid overlay options for the LCD screen to help you line up vertical and horizontal lines. The camera can be controlled remotely via a computer through a USB connection, or wirelessly with the optional RC-6 remote controller.
18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor: Canon's large-area CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers approximately 24.7 million total pixels and 24.2 million effective pixels. This APS-C-sized sensor (22.3mm x 14.9mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length.
DIGIC 6 Image Processor: The Rebel T6i is equipped with Canon's DIGIC 6 Image Processor. The DIGIC 6 works with the CMOS sensor to deliver images with great detail. Improved light sensitivity allows you to shoot at higher resolution with less noise in dark conditions. The camera can achieve higher ISO sensitivity (up to ISO 12800), and can shoot up to 5 frames per second continuously with a maximum burst of 940 shots (using a UHS-I compatible 8 GB memory card).
Image Recording: The camera records still images in JPEG and RAW formats. You can choose from the following image sizes: Large, Medium, Small 1, Small 2, and Small 3. For each resolution (except Small 2 and Small 3), you can set the compression to Fine or Normal. For RAW images, you can record only at 6000 x 4000. You can set the camera to RAW + JPEG and record a RAW image and a Large Fine JPEG image simultaneously.
Aspect Ratio: The camera's image sensor has an aspect ratio of 3:2. You can choose to record still images in 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, and 1:1 aspect ratios. This gives you the option of selecting any of the following image sizes:
|Quality||Aspect Ratio and Pixel Count|
|Large||6000 x 4000 |
|5328 x 4000 |
|6000 x 3368 |
|4000 x 4000 |
|Medium||3984 x 2656 |
|3552 x 2664 |
|3984 x 2240 |
|2656 x 2656 |
|Small 1||2976 x 1884 |
|2656 x 1992 |
|2976 x 1680 |
|1984 x 1984 |
|Small 2||1920 x 1280 |
|1696 x 1280 |
|1920 x 1080 |
|1280 x 1280 |
|Small 3||720 x 480 |
|640 x 480 |
|720 x 408 |
|480 x 480 |
RAW File Format: The RAW file format records the image data as captured by the camera's CMOS sensor without further processing and converts it to digital data and records it onto the card as is. RAW images can be adjusted, then developed and produced into JPEG or TIFF images using the provided software.
Recording Media: The EOS Rebel T6i records images on an SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards, including UHS-I (Ultra High Speed) memory cards. It is also compatible with some brands of Eye-Fi cards that feature wireless transfer of images, although their performance is not guaranteed. A SanDisk Ultra 16GB SDHC UHS-I memory card is included in this Premium 2 Zoom Kit.
EOS Integrated Cleaning System: Dust that settles on the sensor surface of the camera is removed using ultrasonic vibration. This Self Cleaning Sensor Unit routine is automatically activated whenever the camera is powered on or off. (It can also be manually activated.) A special collar positioned around the sensor collects the loosened dust. In case visible dust still remains, you can delete the effect of the dust particles from the image via the supplied software.
Shooting Modes: The EOS Rebel T6i offers 12 different shooting modes arranged on the Mode Dial in the following zones:
- Program AE: This is a general-purpose shooting mode, the camera automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to suit the scene's brightness.
- Shutter-priority AE: In this mode, you set the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture value to suit the brightness of the subject.
- Aperture-priority AE: In this mode, you set the desired aperture value and the camera sets the shutter speed automatically to suit the subject brightness.
- Manual Exposure: You set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired.
- Basic Zone:
- Scene Intelligent Auto: The camera analyses the scene, and automatically selects the settings.
- Flash Off: Disables the flash.
- Creative Auto: In this auto mode, you can still set the brightness, flash mode, sharpness, image recording quality, and picture style settings.
- Portrait: Blurs the background to make the human subject stand out.
- Landscape: For wide scenic views, night scenes, etc.
- Close-up: To take close-up shots of flowers, insects, etc.
- Sports: For fast-moving subjects when you want to freeze the action.
- Special Scene: Once you select the Special Scene
Mode, you can choose from the following modes:
- Kids: Continuous focusing allows you to photograph children running around. Skin tones look healthy. Default drive mode is Continuous Shooting.
- Food: When photographing food, the images will look bright and vivid. You can change the color tone to warm or cool if needed.
- Candlelight: The candlelight mode allows you to photograph a human subject in candlelight. You can change the color tone to warm or cool.
- Night Portrait: For images of people at twilight or at night.
- Handheld Night Scene: Allows you to take handheld photos at night by recording four photos that are combined into a single bright image.
- HDR Backlight Control: Useful for taking photos with bright and dark areas. Three photos are taken and combined into a single image with restored detail in dark and light areas.
Shooting Movies: The EOS Rebel T6i can record movies in High Definition or Standard Definition at different frame rates. Movies are recorded in MOV format with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression, and AAC audio. You can record audio using the built-in stereo microphone, or with an optional stereo microphone with a 3.5mm plug. When shooting movies, a large-capacity SD card with a speed rating of Class 6 or higher is recommended. Slower cards may not record your movies properly. You can select from the following recording sizes and frame rates:
- 1920 x 1080: Full HD recording quality with a 16:9 aspect ratio for viewing on a widescreen HDTV; Available frame rates: 30 fps, 24 fps
- 1280 x 720: HD recording quality with a 16:9 aspect ratio for viewing on a widescreen HDTV; Frame rate: 60 fps, 30 fps
- 640 x 480: Standard definition recording quality with a 4:3 aspect ratio; Frame rate: 30 fps
Movie Servo AF: When Movie Servo AF is enabled, you can shoot a movie while focusing a moving subject continuously. The built-in stepping motor of the supplied 18-55mm IS STM lens greatly minimizes the focusing noise while recording movies.
Video Snapshots: A video snapshot is a short movie clip lasting 2, 4, or 8 seconds. You can combine a series of video snapshots into an album, and save them as a single movie file. The compiled video is perfect for sharing online or displaying on an HDTV via the HDMI port.
19-Point Auto-Focus System: The EOS Rebel T6i features a high-precision 19-point wide area auto-focus that uses cross-type points for improved tracking of moving subjects. You can select one of three AF area selection modes: Single-point AF (Manual Selection), Zone AF (Manual selection of zone), or 19-point automatic selection AF.
AF Modes: The camera employs one of 3 AF systems to let you seize every photo opportunity with fast, accurate focus:
- One-Shot AF: suited for still subjects, the camera focuses only once.
- AI Servo AF: for moving subjects when the focusing distance keeps changing. The subject will be focused continuously while the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- AI Focus AF: switches from One-Shot AF to AI Servo AF automatically if the subject starts moving.
Manual Focusing: If you choose to focus manually, you will need to set the focus mode switch on the lens from AF to MF, and turn the lens focusing ring until the subject looks sharp in the viewfinder. You can magnify the image 5x or 10x for better visibility when focusing.
ISO Speed: The Image Sensor's sensitivity to light, or the ISO Speed, can be set to suit the ambient light level. In Basic Zone modes, the ISO speed is set automatically. In other modes, you can set the ISO automatically or manually from 100 to 12800, with expansion to 25600. You can also set maximum ISO speeds of 400, 800, 1600, 3200, or 6400 for ISO Auto.
White Balance: You can choose from the following white balance settings:
- Auto: the camera sets the white balance automatically according to shooting conditions, color temperature: 3000-7000 K
- Daylight: for recording outdoors on a bright day, color temperature: 5200 K
- Shade: counters strong blue tones in open shade on sunny days, color temperature: 7000 K
- Cloudy: for cloudy days, dusk and dawn, color temperature: 6000 K
- Tungsten Light: for incandescent illumination, color temperature: 3200 K
- White Fluorescent Light: eliminates typical green color casts, color temperature: 4000 K
- Flash Use: a starting point for studio strobes and Canon Speedlites, color temperature: 6000 K
- Custom: enables you to manually set the white balance for a specific light source for better accuracy. By selecting this image, you import the white balance data for the setting, color temperature: 2000-10000 K
White Balance Correction: You can correct the standard color temperature for the white balance setting. It has the same effect as using a color temperature conversion filter or a color compensating filter. Each color can be corrected to one of nine levels.
Color Space: The color space refers to the range of reproducible colors. With this camera, you can set the color space for captured images to sRGB or Adobe RGB. For normal images, sRGB is recommended. In the Basic Zone modes, sRGB will be set automatically.
Shoot by Ambience: Except in the Scene Intelligent Auto and Flash Off Basic Zone modes, you can select the ambience for shooting. You can choose from Vivid, Soft, Warm, Intense, and Cool, each at Low, Standard, or Strong effects. You can also choose Brighter or Darker, with Low, Medium, and High settings, and a Monochrome setting, with Blue, B/W, or Sepia effects.
Picture Style: By selecting a picture style you can achieve various effects matching your photographic expression or the subject. Picture Style setting is not available in Basic Zone modes, except Creative Auto. Picture Style selections include:
- Auto: the color tone is adjusted to suit the scene
- Standard: image looks vivid, sharp, and crisp
- Portrait: for nice skin tones, the image looks slightly sharp and crisp, color tone can be adjusted to change skin tone
- Landscape: vivid blues and greens, very sharp and crisp image
- Neutral: natural colors and subdued images, no sharpness applied. (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Faithful: when the subject is photographed under a color temperature of 5200 K, the color is adjusted to match the subject's color, no sharpness applied (recommended for users who prefer to process images on their PC)
- Monochrome: for black and white images
- User Defined 1-3: you can register your own Picture Style settings for Portrait and Landscape modes.
Creative Filters: The EOS Rebel T6i now lets you apply a filter effect while shooting. While looking at the Live View screen, you can see how the filter effects the photo. You can save the photos with and without the Creative filter applied. The types of filters include: Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye Effect, Art bold effect, Water painting effect, Toy camera effect, and Miniature effect. You can also apply Creative Filters to your stored images, and save them as new images.
Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation is used to alter the camera's standard exposure setting. You can make the image look lighter (increased exposure) or darker (decreased exposure). The exposure compensation amount can be set up to +/-5 stops in 1/3-stop increments, although the indicator in the viewfinder can only display the setting up to +/-2 stops.
Auto Exposure Bracketing: With auto exposure bracketing (AEB), the camera automatically changes the exposure level up to +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments for three successive shots. When in Single Shooting mode, the camera will change the exposure level on three single shots (requiring three presses of the shutter release). In Continuous Shooting mode, or when shooting with the self-timer or optional remote controller, you can take three shots with one press of the shutter release, and the exposure levels will change with each shot taken.
AE Lock: AE lock enables you to lock the exposure at a different place from the point of focus. After locking the exposure, you can recompose the shot while maintaining the desired exposure level. This feature is useful for backlit and spotlighted subjects.
Bulb Exposures: When bulb is set, the shutter is open during the time you keep pressing the shutter button fully. Bulb is useful when a long exposure is necessary for capturing night scenes, fireworks, the night sky, etc. The optional RS-60E3 remote switch is also recommended for bulb exposures. It connects to the camera's 2.5mm sub-mini remote jack.
Flash: The camera's built-in retractable, auto pop-up flash with E-TTL II autoflash metering. The flash takes approximately 3 seconds to recycle for the next flash. The viewfinder has an icon to let you know the flash is ready. You can set the exposure compensation for the flash to +/- 2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments. The flash range varies with the ISO speed. Other flash functions include:
- AF-Assist: Under low-light conditions, the built-in flash fires a brief burst of flashes when you press the shutter button halfway. This is to illuminate the subject to enable easier auto-focusing. It is effective up to approximately 13.1 feet away.
- FE Lock: FE (flash exposure) lock obtains and locks the correct flash exposure reading for any part of a subject.
- Red-Eye Reduction: Using the camera's Red-Eye reduction lamp before taking a flash picture will reduce the common phenomenon of red-eye effect.
External Flash: In addition to the built-in flash, the EOS Rebel T6i has a hot shoe for adding optional external flash units. The camera is compatible with Canon's entire line of EX-series Speedlites, plus Macro Lites for close-ups. Canon EX-series Speedlites offer professional-quality illumination for virtually any subject. The built-in flash can work as a Master unit with Canon Speedlites with the wireless slave feature and trigger the Speedlite(s) to fire.
Optional GPS Receiver: The optional GP-E2 GPS Receiver can be mounted to the camera's hot shoe. The receiver records location information, such as longitude, latitude, elevation, direction, and time data, and attach it to your photos.
Metering Modes: You can select from the following metering modes:
- Evaluative Metering: The camera's standard metering mode utilizes 315 zones within the frame, and is suited for most subjects even under backlit conditions. After detecting the main subject's position, brightness, background, front and back lighting conditions, etc, the camera sets the proper exposure.
- Partial Metering: Effective when the background is much brighter than the subject due to backlighting, etc; uses approximately 10% of the frame at the center.
- Spot Metering: For metering a specific part of the subject; uses approximately 2.7% of the frame at the center.
- Center-weighted Average Metering: Metering is weighted at the center and then averaged for the entire scene.
Continuous Shooting Mode: In Continuous Shooting mode, you can shoot up to about 5 frames per second. The maximum number of shots in a single burst will vary with the image quality setting:
|Image Quality Setting||Maximum Burst|
|8 GB SDHC Card||UHS-I Memory Card|
|RAW + JPEG (Large/Fine)||6||6|
Self-Timer: The camera will record an image following a preset time delay after pressing the shutter release. The self-timer lamp and beeper will indicate a countdown before the picture is taken. You can choose from the following self-timer modes:
- 10 Second: The camera takes a single image 10 seconds after pressing the shutter release button. You can also use the optional remote control in this mode.
- 2 Second: The camera takes a single image 2 seconds after pressing the shutter release.
- 10 Second Continuous Shots: The camera begins taking a series of images (two to ten) 10 seconds after the shutter release button is pressed.
Mirror Lockup: The Mirror Lockup feature helps prevent camera vibration when using a super telephoto lens or shooting close-ups.
Auto Rotation: Vertical shots can be rotated automatically so that they are displayed upright during playback.
Image Review: The image can be displayed on the LCD monitor immediately after you shoot. The review time can be set to off (not displayed), 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, or Hold, which keeps the image displayed on the LCD monitor until the camera is focused again.
Slide Show: You can view all images on the memory card one after another with the Auto Playback function (slide show). You can set the time each image is displayed on the LCD monitor to 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds. You can also select which images to display: all images, images by date, images by folder, movies only, stills only, or by rating.
Index Display: This feature allows you to view four (2 x 2), nine (3 x 3), 36 (6 x 6), or 100 (10 x 10) images at once on the LCD monitor so that you can search for an image quickly.
Image Magnification: When viewing a still picture in single image playback mode, you can magnify the image from 1.5x to 10x. While the image is magnified, you can scroll anywhere around the image.
Rotating Images: You can rotate an image by 90° or 270° clockwise in the LCD monitor.
PictBridge Printing: Using the supplied USB cable, you can connect this camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer. PictBridge is a standard that allows you to connect a PictBridge compliant camera directly to a PictBridge compliant printer and make prints, regardless of brand.
DPOF Print Settings: On the memory card, you can select which image or images you want to print and how many copies you want. This is convenient for printing images all at once, on optional Canon direct print function compliant printers, on PictBridge compliant printers, or at participating photo labs.
Shoulder Bag: The Canon EOS Rebel T6i Premium 2 Lens Kit includes the Canon 100ES EOS Shoulder bag, which can hold the camera body and 1-3 lenses, plus accessories. It is made of water-repellant, rugged nylon with a non-slip adjustable shoulder strap and carry handle. Padded dividers are provided to give you easy access, and to protect your gear. The bag's internal measurements are 10"W x 7"H x 4.5"D.
HDMI Outputs: The camera is equipped with a mini-HDMI jack (Type C) which allows you to connect the camera to an HDTV. The HDMI output terminal is CEC-compatible.
AV Out/Digital Jack: The AV Out/Digital jack allows you to connect the camera to your computer via the supplied USB cable for downloading the recorded images and movies. The same jack also lets you view your images and videos on a non-HD TV set when connected with the optional AVC-DC400ST AV cable. The video output is compatible with NTSC and PAL systems (switchable).
Microphone: The camera has a 3.5mm minijack input for connecting an external microphone.
Remote: A 2.5mm sub-minijack is provided for use with the optional RS-60E3 Remote Switch. The wired remote switch has a 2' cord, and is recommended for long exposures and bulb shooting.
Battery: The EOS Rebel T6i operates on the supplied LP-E17 Lithium-Ion battery (7.2V, 1040 mAh, 7.5Wh). Battery performance decreases when used in temperatures below 32° F. The battery can be charged in the supplied LC-E17 battery charger in approximately 2 hours. Typical battery life for the LP-E17 battery is as follows:
|Shooting Method||Temperature||Shooting Conditions|
|No Flash||50% Flash|
|Viewfinder||At 73° F||550 shots||470 shots|
|At 32° F||440 shots||400 shots|
|Live View||At 73° F||200 shots||180 shots|
|At 32° F||170 shots||150 shots|
|Movie Shooting||At 73° F||1 hr 20 min||N/A|
|At 32° F||1 hour||N/A|
Optional Battery Grip: The optional BG-E18 battery grip approximately doubles the number of possible shots with two LP-E17 batteries installed. The grip is equipped with several controls, placed for vertical use; shutter button, main dial, Aperture/exposure compensation button, AF Point selection/magnify button, AE Lock/FE Lock/index/reduce button, and on/off switch. The approximate number of shots available using the BG-E18 battery grip are:
|Shooting Method||Batteries||Temperature||Shooting Conditions|
|No Flash||50% Flash|
|Viewfinder||LP-E17 x2||At 73° F||1100 shots||880 shots|
|At 32° F||940 shots||800 shots|
|Live View||LP-E17 x2||At 73° F||400 shots||360 shots|
|At 32° F||340 shots||300 shots|
Auto Power Off: To save battery power, the camera turns off automatically after a period of non-operation. The Auto Power Off time can be set to 30 seconds or 1, 2, 4, 8, or 15 minutes.
Note: The Auto Power Off function will not activate in Auto Playback Mode.
Optional AC Power: With the optional ACK-E18 AC adapter kit, you can connect the camera to a household power outlet and not worry about the battery becoming exhausted.
Wireless Functions: The EOS Rebel T6i's wireless LAN functions let you perform a range of tasks wirelessly:
- Connect to a Smartphone: Connecting to a smartphone lets you view images stored in the camera. You can also operate the camera remotely from a smartphone or camera. The Camera Connect app, available from the App Store or Google Play, must be downloaded to the phone.
- Transfer Images Between Cameras: You can transfer still images and movies shot with this camera to other Canon cameras with built-in Wi-Fi functions. The camera can be connected to only one camera at a time.
- Print Images to a Wi-Fi Printer: You can directly print images by connecting the camera with a wireless LAN-compatible printer supporting PictBridge (Wireless LAN). Up to 3 printers can be registered to the camera.
- Save Images to Connect Station: The optional CS100 Connect Station is a device that allows you to import captured still photos and movies for viewing your TV, tablet, or smartphone, or sharing them over a network. You can easily save still photos and movies to Connect Station by holding the camera close to the Connect Station.
- Send Images to a Web Service: You can share images with family and friends or share images using a range of Web services via the Canon iMAGE Gateway, a free online photo service for Canon users.
Compatibility: The Canon Camera Connect app, required for connecting the camera to a smartphone, is compatible with iOS version 9.0 or later and Android devices (version varies with device).
NFC Function: The Rebel T6i supports NFC (Near-Field Communication) which enables you to connect the camera to a smartphone or Connect Station by touching them together. While playing back images, you can send images to the smartphone by touching an NFC-enabled smartphone to the camera. NFC-enabled smartphones operate on the Android platform running OS version 4.0 or later, and are labeled with the NFC "N-mark." The camera's "N-mark" is located on the bottom of the camera body.
Lens: This EOS Rebel T6i Premium 2 Zoom Lens kit comes with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, and the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III zoom lens.
Image Stabilizer (IS)(18-55mm lens only): The lens has a lens shift type Image Stabilizer. With the Image Stabilizer turned on, you can obtain sharp, natural-looking pictures in dim lighting without using flash or a tripod. The Image Stabilizer is turned on/off through a switch on the barrel of the lens.
Stepping Motor (STM)(18-55mm lens only): This new lens features a built-in stepping motor and focus mechanism which delivers smooth and quiet continuous auto-focusing. This is especially helpful when shooting movies in the Movie Servo AF mode, as very little focusing noise is recorded as you shoot.
Auto/Manual Focus Modes: To shoot in auto-focus mode, you must set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF." To manually focus the camera, you must set the switch on the camera barrel to "MF," and focus by turning the focusing ring.
Optional Accessories: These lenses can be used with an optional screw-on filters. They both have 58mm filter diameters. Optional lens hoods and lens cases are also available: EW-63C and LP1014 (for the 18-55mm lens), and ET-60 and LP1019 (for the 75-300mm lens).
|EF-S 18-55mm||EF 75-300mm|
|Construction||13 elements in 11 groups||13 elements in 9 groups|
|Angle of View||Diagonal: 74º20' - 27º50' |
Vertical: 45º30' - 15º40'
Horizontal: 64º30' - 23º20'
|Diagonal: 32º 11' - 8º 15' |
Vertical: 18º 11' - 4º 35'
Horizontal: 27º - 6º 50'
|Maximum Magnification||0.36x (at 55mm)||0.25x (at 300mm)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.82' (9.84")||4.95' (1.5m)|
|Filter Diameter||58 mm||58mm|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 2.791" |
Weight: 7.2 ounces
|Diameter: 2.776" |
Weight: 16.8 ounces
Supplied Software: The EOS Rebel T6i comes bundled with the EOS Digital Solution Disc Ver. 30.4, which includes:
- Digital Photo Professional (Windows/Mac): primarily for RAW image viewing, editing, processing, and printing (you can also edit JPEG images while retaining the original images)
- EOS Utility (Windows/Mac): allows you to download images from your camera's memory card onto your computer's hard drive, set various camera settings, and shoot remotely with the computer connected to the camera
- Picture Style Editor (Windows/Mac): allows you to edit Picture Styles to your unique image characteristics and save them as original Picture Style files
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Frequently Compared With
Canon T6i Two Zoom Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel digital SLR camera with Wi-Fi® and 18-55mm and 75-300mm zoom lenses$699.00$400.00 Instant Savings$1,099.00
Nikon D3400 Two Lens Kit
24.2-megapixel digital SLR camera with Bluetooth® and 18-55mm and 70-300mm zoom lenses
Nikon D5600 Kit
24.2-megapixel DSLR camera with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and 18-55mm lens
Canon EOS 80D Kit
24.2-megapixel DSLR with 18-55mm zoom lens and Wi-Fi®