Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Panamax MAX® 7500-PRO
Home theater line conditioner, voltage regulator, and surge protector
Item # 2997500PRO | MFR # MAX 7500-PRO
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panamax MAX® 7500-PRO by Crutchfield's Chris Egner
Enhance and protect your entire home theater system with the Panamax MAX 7500-PRO. Sophisticated power conditioning and high-level power protection team up to keep your gear operating safely and at its best. You get an advanced power filtration system with a beefy isolation transformer that delivers plenty of clean power to your digital source components and displays. Plus, the 7500-PRO guards against harmful spikes and power abnormalities that can shorten the lifespan of your gear.
The included convenience lamp makes easy to see where to make connections.
Consistent power for top-notch A/V performance
The 7500-PRO's Automatic Voltage Monitoring circuitry maintains steady AC power — optimal voltage for your audio/video system. Front-panel displays let you closely monitor the AC power coming into the Panamax and going out to your system.
The Max 7500-PRO works best with rack-mounted components and systems contained in cabinets. The power regenerator can produce a low hum — but that's a good sign. It means your system's receiving current that's consistant and free of electronic noise and interference.
Connect up to 11 components
You'll find 10 of the 7500-PRO's AC outlets on its back panel, divided into five isolated banks to minimize cross-interference between your components. Four voltage-regulated, isolated outlets let you hook up your TV, home theater projector, and digital sources like a DVD or Blu-ray player. You also get four more voltage-regulated outlets for analog audio or video components, plus two outlets for high-current components such as an amplifier and powered subwoofer. The high-current outlets operate on a delay to prevent potentially harmful "speaker thump" when you power your system on and off. A convenience outlet on the front-panel serves as an easy-to-reach connection for a gaming system.
Ethernet and coaxial RF protection
The 7500-PRO also includes a set of protected Ethernet jacks, for safely connecting your system to your home computer network. One protected telephone line input and two phone outlets prevent power surges from coming in through your phone line. And four pairs of coaxial terminals shield your satellite, cable TV and antenna connections.
It has everything that I wanted. Voltage regulator, 11 outlets, nice blue LED lights, those twin analog meters are awesome. A very high end looks. The price right now is just unbelievable.
ren, San Bruno, CA
What's in the Box:
- Surge suppressor/power line conditioner with detachable 10' AC power cord
- 2 Rack mount brackets
- Rack mount plate
- 12 Machine screws
- 4 Washers
- Two 42" coaxial cables
- 49" Telephone cable (has an RJ11 connector on each end)
- USB LED light
- 2 Hanger clips
- 2 Mounting screws
- Owner's Guide
- "Supplement To Page 3 Important Safety Instructions" sheet
- 11 AC outlets in five isolated banks:
- four isolated, switched outlets for digital components and displays
- two switched outlets for analog audio or video components
- two always-on outlets for analog audio or video components
- two switched, high-current outlets with delayed on/off for amplifiers and subwoofers
- one always-on front-panel convenience outlet
- advanced power filtration system
- 720VA isolation transformer provides clean power for digital source components, HDTVs, or projectors
- ground isolation switch for isolated outlets helps prevent ground loop noise
- Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM) circuitry ensures that your system receives a consistent, optimal amount of power
- surge and over- and under-voltage protection with automatic power shut-off and reconnection
- customizable configuration for all switched outlet banks choose delayed on/off or always-on operation
- power sequencing protects against blown fuses and "speaker thump" by powering outlets on/off in proper order
- two pairs of RF coaxial jack connections for cable/antenna HDTV, and two pairs for satellite HDTV
- one RJ-45 Ethernet line input and one RJ-45 output
- one RJ-11 phone line input and two RJ-11 outputs
- DC trigger input and output
- front-panel digital voltmeter monitors and indicates "unsafe voltage" conditions
- front-panel combination meter displays regulated output voltage (90-140 VAC) or current input draw (1-15 amps)
- rear-panel circuit breaker opens if total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating of 15 amps
- convenience lamp lets you illuminate your components during setup or operation
- IP-ready with optional Ethernet card for multi-zone A/V applications and remote diagnostics
- RS-232 port
- rack mounting brackets included
- 17"W x 4-1/8"H x 15-3/16"D
- weight: 36 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- $5 million connected-equipment warranty (covers equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector if protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications)
- Note: power conditioner can generate an audible hum. Recommended for use in component rack or cabinet with doors.
Panamax MAX® 7500-PRO Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||11|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Overview: The Panamax MAX 7500-PRO Home Theater Power Management Center has been specifically engineered to improve the performance and life expectancy of your home theater equipment. The combination of its sophisticated power conditioning and power protection has resulted in an audio/video power center that meets the power quality needs for an entire entertainment system. At the heart of the MAX 7500-PRO is an advanced power filtration system featuring a 720VA isolation transformer, that provides power for digital source components and displays. In addition, any noise generated by digital source components is isolated and prevented from reaching key audio or video components. The MAX 7500-PRO's ground isolation feature mechanically interrupts ground loops, making the MAX 7500-PRO especially useful for applications with unstable power or ground issues. IP addressable, the MAX 7500-PRO is also ideal for multi-zone audio/video whole-home automation and wherever remote diagnostics are needed. RS-232 communication comes standard with the unit and a TCP/IP card is optional. End users can configure each outlet bank individually to customize for their home theater system
11 AC Outlets: The Panamax MAX 7500-PRO features 1 front-panel "Always On" AC outlet, 2 rear-panel "Always On" Linear Filtered outlets with voltage regulation, 2 rear-panel "Switched" Linear Filtered AC outlets with voltage regulation, 4 rear-panel "Switched" Linear Filtered Isolated AC outlets divided into two separate banks with voltage regulation, and 2 rear-panel "Switched/Delayed High Current" AC outlets.
- 2 Always On Outlets: Two "Always On" AC outlets are fed through separate Balanced Double L noise filtration circuits. These circuits are designed to eliminate the AC contamination that is most detrimental to the performance of analog or video components like stereo receivers, VCRs or televisions.
- 2 Switched Outlets: Two "Switched" AC outlets are fed through separate Balanced Double L noise filtration circuits. These circuits are designed to eliminate the AC contamination that is most detrimental to the performance of analog or video components like stereo receivers, VCRs or televisions.
- 4 Switched/Isolated Outlets: Four isolated/regulated "Switched" outlets divided into two separate banks are fed power through the MAX 7500-PRO's isolation transformer. These outlets should be used for digital components such as DVD players or display devices like Plasma TVs or DLP projectors.
- 2 High Current Outlets: The two individually-switched high-current outlets allow amplifiers and powered subwoofers to work to their full potential. The High-Current Outlet Bank provides clean, filtered power to amplifiers but has no current limiting components to impede performance.
- 1 Gaming Outlet: The MAX 7500-PRO features a convenient "Always On" AC outlet located on the front-panel for connecting your gaming system temporarily.
Note: The MAX 7500-PRO features independent switches for each bank of "Switched" outlets which allow you to configure these "Switched" outlets as Always On.
Advanced Video Filtration With Ground Isolation: The MAX 7500-PRO utilizes an advanced power filtration system featuring a 720VA isolation transformer, that provides power for digital source components and displays. In addition, any noise generated by digital source components is isolated and prevented from reaching key audio or video components. The MAX 7500-PRO's ground isolation feature mechanically interrupts ground loops, making the MAX 7500-PRO especially useful for applications with unstable power or ground issues.
Voltage Regulation With Balanced Power: The MAX 7500-PRO features voltage regulation which improves your audio/video system's performance and prolongs your equipment's life by providing a consistent level of optimal power to all your connected equipment.
Automatic/Visual Voltage Monitoring Circuitry: Panamax's patent pending AVM circuitry continuously monitors the incoming power as displayed on the unit's digital voltmeter. In case of an under-voltage or an over-voltage, a flashing red lightning bolt will be displayed in the voltmeter, and power to the connected equipment is automatically turned off if either of these conditions is detected. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Cross-Contamination Reduction: The MAX 7500-PRO is designed to provide noise isolation between 5 isolated outlet banks including 2 high current outlets so that any noise created by an A/V component can not contaminate the power going to equipment plugged into another outlet bank.
Power Sequencing: The MAX 7500-PRO features Power Sequencing to guard against blown fuses and potential damaging speaker thump by automatically power outlets on and off in sequence. This feature minimizes in rush current issues by allowing the components plugged into the Switched Outlet Banks to power-up and stabilize before any amplifier and powered subwoofers are turned on. This sequence is reversed during shutdown. The amplifier and powered subwoofers turn off, their power supplies drain and then the equipment plugged into the Switched Outlet Banks are turned off.
Voltage Sense Trigger Input/Output: The MAX 7500-PRO voltage sense trigger input and output uses a standard 3.5mm (1/8") mini-mono plug. This feature provides an On/Off trigger for the MAX 7500-PRO using a direct current voltage signal. You can connect the DC Trigger Input to a remote trigger device that uses a DC output to trigger a start-up/shutdown sequence. The DC Trigger Output can be connected to a remote trigger device that uses a DC trigger input to pass the MAX 7500-PRO's startup/shutdown sequence to an additional device.
Satellite HD TV Jacks: The MAX 7500-PRO features 2 pair of bidirectional F-type coaxial jacks for Satellite TV. The clamping level of the MAX 7500-PRO's satellite protection circuitry is 25 volts, just 3 volts above the maximum operating voltage for Satellite TV. The circuitry is shielded to prevent interference and has been optimized to have less than 1dB of signal loss throughout the entire 950 MHz to 2.2 GHz range.
Cable HD TV Jacks: The MAX 7500-PRO features 2 pair of bidirectional F-type coaxial jacks for Cable TV. The clamping level of the MAX 7500-PRO's CATV protection circuitry is 1400 millivolts (1.4 volts). The circuitry is shielded to prevent interference and has been optimized to have less than 1 dB of signal loss throughout the entire frequency range up to 950 MHz.
Phone Jacks: The unit features an RJ-11 input and two RJ-11 outputs for protecting your standard telephone or pay-per-view lines. The Phone circuit is auto-resetting.
LAN Jacks: The MAX 7500-PRO is equipped with one RJ-45 LAN input and one RJ-45 LAN output on it rear panel. The LAN protection circuits are designed for 1-/100 baseT Ethernet lines.
Digital Voltmeter: The MAX 7500-PRO features a front-panel Digital Voltmeter which monitors the voltage supplying your home theater equipment. If line voltage drops below 90VAC, or if the line voltage exceeds 140VAC, the display will turn off and the "unsafe voltage" indicator will flash indicating and unsafe voltage condition.
Combination Meter: The MAX 7500-PRO features a front-pane Combination Meter which shows the voltage the unit is proving to connected components or the actual current draw (0-15A) of your system, giving a visual reference as to how your system is functioning under a variety of conditions. The display will flash if the unit is out of regulation.
Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Each bank of outlets feature a corresponding Blue LED indicator. These LEDs indicate the status of the corresponding rear panel outlets. The LED will be lit when the outlets are turned On. They will flash during the startup and shutdown process.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the MAX 7500-PRO. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
Convenience Lamp: The convenience lamp included with the MAX 7500-PRO plugs into the unit's front-panel USB port on its rear-panel. Its purpose is to proved better visibility of other components and their A/V connection during system setup.
Note: The unit's USB port is only designed to provide power to the included USB light. Do not use this jack for other USB devices.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim, please see the warranty sheet.
- Power Button: Push-button power switch which activates a turn-on or turn-off sequence for all outlets when depressed for two seconds.
- Bank Status Indicators: Each AC outlet bank features an LED light which indicates that the corresponding bank is on or off.
- Ground Isolation: This push-button switch controls the ground connection of banks 3 and 4. When active these banks have balanced power with an isolate ground connection. When not active these banks have balanced power with a common ground reference.
- Voltmeter: Backlit meter which displays the incoming voltage between 90-140 VAC.
- Combination Meter: This meter displays the regulated output voltage (90-140 VAC) or displays the input current draw (1-15 Amps).
- Brightness Control/Meter Select: When in the full/locked position, auto brightness is engaged, and the front panel display will dim with the ambient light level. Rotating the knob to the right will increase the display brightness, and left in decrease the display brightness. Pressing this control button will toggle the display of the second meter from "Volts Out" to "Amps In".
- 15A Circuit Breaker: Opens in the event that equipment plugged into the unit draws too much current. Also resets MAX 7500-PRO.
- Switch Settings: Two position slide switch which selects the use of the five switches to configure the outlets for delayed or always-on operation. Custom settings selects the stored configuration in non-volatile memory for the outlets trigger source and delays.
- Outlet Delay Switches: Two-position slide switches which allow you to configure each bank of switched outlets for delayed turn-on/turn-off or always-on operation.
- AC Outlet: Front panel "always on" outlet for gaming systems.
- Voltage Regulation Always On Bank 1: Two always on linear filtered outlets labeled HD Cable and HD Satellite.
- Voltage Regulation Switched Bank 2: Two switched outlets with linear filtration controlled by the front panel Power button or the DC Trigger input labeled DVR and Digital Radio.
- Regulated And Isolated Switched Bank 3/4: Four switched outlets provide complete isolation for digital source components such as DVD players or display devices like plasma TVs or DLP projectors.. These outlet are completely isolated from the rest of the system.
- High Current Delayed Switch Bank 5: Two delayed outlets designed for high current components such a amplifiers and powered subwoofers. The current available to connected equipment is not limited by the noise filtration components.
- Voltage Sense Trigger Input: 3.5mm mono mini-plug which connects to a remote trigger device that uses a DC output to trigger a startup/shutdown sequence.
- Voltage Sense Trigger Output: 3.5mm mini-plug output which allows the input signal to pass through the MAX 7500-PRO to control the start-up/shutdown of an additional device.
- LAN Jacks: One RJ-45 input and RJ-45 output for 10/100 baseT Ethernet lines.
- Phone Jacks: One RJ-11 input and two RJ-11 outputs for standard telephone lines.
- Coaxial Jacks: 4 pairs of bidirectional treaded female F-type coax terminals for HD Satellite and HD Cable TV.
- Communication Interface: RS232 interface port for custom configuration and/or home automation control.
- Lamp Receptacle: USB jack for the USB lamp included to illuminate the rear panels or other components during setup.
- Ground Lug: Gold-plated binding post that provides a common grounding point for equipment with separate ground leads.
- IEC Main Power Receptacle: The detachable 3-prong, 10' power cord connects to this receptacle.
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A
- UL 1449 Surge Suppression Rating: 330V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V
- Energy Dissipation: 2670 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 162,000A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration:
- Banks 1, 2, 3, 4: 100dB, 100KHz-2MHz
- Bank 5 (High Current): 60dB, 100KHz-2MHz
- Over-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 142V (+/-5VAC)
- Under-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 90V (+/-2VAC)
DC Trigger Input:
- Jacks: 3.5mm (1/8") mono mini-plug
- Voltage And Polarity: 3-24V DC, bidirectional
- Current Requirement: 4.5mA @ 3V, 58mA @ 24V
DC Trigger Output:
- Voltage: <12V
- Current: <400 mA
- Jacks: 3.5mm (1/8") mono mini-plug
- Delay Output: 10 seconds
- Voltage: 5VDC
- Current: 100mA
- Clamping Level: 8V +/-2V
- Connectors: RJ-45
- Wires Protected: 4 wires (1, 2, 3, and 6)
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: approximately 30pf
- Suppression Modes: metallic and longitudinal
- Connections: RJ-11
- Wires Protected: 2 wires (4&5)
Satellite TV Protection:
- Clamping Level: 25V
- Attenuation: <1 dB from 950MHz-2.05GHz (<2.4 dB @ 2.2GHz)
- Connections: Gold-plated female F-type
Cable TV Protection:
- Clamping Level: 1.4V
- Attenuation: <1 dB up to 950 MHz
- Connections: Gold-plated female F-type
Weight: 36 lbs
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.