Controls And Indicators
9 AC Outlets: The Panamax M4300-PM features 1 front-panel "Always On"
AC outlet, 4 rear-panel "Switched Linear Filtered" AC outlets, and 4 rear-panel
"Switched High Current" AC outlets.
- High Current Outlets: The unit's High Current Outlets provide
power from a low impedance noise filtration circuit that does not limit the
current to your equipment. Its output is noise isolated from all of the
- Linear Noise Filtration Outlets: The Linear Noise Filtration
Outlets provide a two stage tapped Pi filter circuit for each outlet in bank
- Gaming Outlet: The M4300-PM features a convenient AC outlet located on
the front-panel for connecting your gaming system temporarily.
Level 2 Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration: The unit's Level 2 Power
Cleaning and Linear Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power
(including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allows
your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability. Linear Filtering
Technology (LiFT) evenly eliminates noise across the entire bandwidth, ensuring
peak audio and video performance by reducing harmonic distortion and improving
the signal-to-noise ratio.
Automatic/Visual Voltage Monitoring
Circuitry: Panamax's patent pending AVM circuitry continuously monitors the
incoming power as displayed on the unit's digital voltmeter. In case of an
undervoltage or an overvoltage, a flashing red lightning bolt will be displayed
in the voltmeter, and power to the connected equipment is automatically turned
off if either of these conditions is detected. When voltage returns to a safe
level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Cross-Contamination Reduction: The M4300-PM is designed to provide noise isolation between 2 isolated
outlet banks including 4 high current outlets so that any noise created by an A/V component can not contaminate the
power going to equipment plugged into another outlet bank.
HD Ready Coax Jacks: The unit's coaxial protection circuits achieve
optimum signal quality from newly designed connectors that have less than 0.5 dB
of attenuation from 0Hz to 2.2GHz. The unit's clamping level of 75V will meet
the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to
damaging spikes and surges.
LAN/Phone Jacks: Protection
circuits for 10/100 baseT Ethernet and standard telephone or pay-per-view lines.
Phone circuit is auto-resetting. In-coming LAN or phone cords must be plugged
into the "Line" jack. Patch cords to the equipment (satellite receiver, digital
video recorder, telephone, computer, etc) must be plugged into the "Equip" jacks
( 2 Line in jack, 2 Equip jacks).
USB Charger: The M4300-PM features a front-panel USB type-A port for
charging your MP3 player, cell phone, or other small electronic.
Digital Voltmeter: The M4300-PM features a front-panel Digital
Voltmeter which monitors the voltage supplying your home theater equipment. If
line voltage drops below 90VAC, or if the line voltage exceeds 142VAC, the
display will turn off and the "unsafe voltage" indicator will flash indicating
and unsafe voltage condition.
Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Each bank of outlets feature a corresponding
Blue LED indicator. These LEDs indicate the status of the corresponding rear
panel outlets. The LED will be lit when the outlets are turned On. They will
flash during the startup and shutdown process.
Front Panel Lights: The M4300-PM is equipped with two switchable
convenience lights to view your media and home theater system in the dark.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit
breaker is located on the back panel of the M4300-PM. The circuit breaker
will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating
(15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps
before the circuit breaker will trip.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected
Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market
value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC
surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the
surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design
specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim,
please see the warranty sheet.
Controls And Indicators
- Power Button: Powers M4300-PM on and off.
- Dimmer Button: Adjusts brightness level of unit's front panel
lights and voltmeter.
- Front Panel Lights: 2 switchable convenience lights (amber in
color) to view your media and home theater system when it's dark.
- Digital Voltmeter: Digital LED voltmeter indicates the incoming
- Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Bank 1 and Bank 2 each have a
corresponding LED indicator.
- Circuit Breaker: Resets M4300-PM.
- AC Outlet: Front panel outlet for gaming systems.
- USB: USB port for charging portable devices such as MP3 players
- Linear Filtration Switched Bank 1: Four switched linear filtered
outlets controlled by the front panel power button labeled DVR, HD
Cable/SAT, CD/DVP, HDTV/Monitor.
- High Current Switch Bank 2: Four switched, high current outlets
controlled by the front panel power button labeled Subwoofer, Receiver,
AUX/VCR, and Amplifier.
- LAN Jacks: One RJ-45 input and one RJ-45 output for 10/100 baseT
- Phone Jacks: One RJ-11 input and one RJ-11 output for standard
- Coaxial Jacks: Two gold-plated, threaded, female coaxial inputs
and two gold-plated, threaded, female coaxial outputs for connecting your
satellite, cable or antenna TV signal lines.
- Ground Lug: Gold-plated binding post that provides a common
grounding point for equipment with separate ground leads.
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- UL 1449 Surge Suppression
- Protection Modes: L-N,
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V peak, 141V RMS
- Response Time: under 1
- Joule Rating: 1650 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 65,000A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration:
- Bank 1, Filtered Switched Outlets: 60dB (100kHz-2MHz)
- Bank 2, High Current Switched Outlets: 49dB (100kHz-2MHz)
- Over-voltage Shutoff
Threshold: 144V (+/-8)
- Under-voltage Shutoff
Threshold: 90V (+/-6)
- Clamping Level: 50V
- Connectors: RJ-45
- Wires Protected: 8 wires
- Jacks: USB
- Power Delivery: 5 x 100mA
- Clamping Level:260V
- Capacitance: approximately
- Suppression Modes: metallic and longitudinal
- Connections: RJ-11
- Wires Protected: 2 wires (4&5)
Universal Cable and Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Bandwidth: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Connections: Gold-plated female F-type