Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Power line conditioner and surge protector
Watch a product review
Crutchfield: Panamax M4300-PM
Power Protection and Management-1
Power Protection and Management
Item # 299M4300PM | MFR # M4300-PM
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panamax M4300-PM by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Protect your equipment and improve its performance
A home theater system requires clean, consistent AC power to operate at its best. Panamax's M4300-PM protects up to nine components from harmful power spikes and surges, as well as the minor voltage fluctuations that can compromise your system's performance over time. It also filters the incoming AC power, removing line noise to maximize your system's picture and sound quality. Easy to hook up and easy to use, the M4300-MP is our best-selling line conditioner.
Automatic protection for your peace of mind
Panamax's patent pending AVM™ circuitry continuously monitors the incoming power. If either undervoltage or overvoltage is detected, power to the connected equipment is automatically turned off. When the line voltage returns to a safe level, power is automatically reconnected.
The eight AC outlets on the back panel are divided into two isolated banks. One bank handles high-current components, such as your receiver and subwoofer, while the other bank handles your other audio/video gear. Isolating the outlet banks from one another prevents noise contamination between components. A front-panel convenience outlet lets you quickly plug in a video game system or camcorder.
Two sets of coaxial inputs and outputs protect your satellite, cable or TV antenna connections. A pair of protected phone jacks prevents spikes from sneaking in through your phone line, and a pair of Ethernet jacks protects your network connection. This versatile unit also features a protected front-panel USB charger for your MP3 player, cell phone or other portable electronic device.
Conveniences that enhance day-to-day use
A digital voltmeter with adjustable brightness lets you monitor the power coming into your system. The M4300-PM also features two hooded convenience lights that shine downward to illuminate the front panels of your stacked components. You can change the intensity of these lights, or turn them off, as you prefer.
This unit looks great on the AV rack. But the problem is when you have large plugs, i.e DVD, cable box plugs that are large. The input on the Panamax need to be vertical. The workaround is to buy a 14 gauge power strip for the larger plugs.
Maurice, Broomfield, CO
What's in the Box:
- Power condition/Surge protector with attached 10' power cord
- 41" RG-6 coaxial cables
- 4' RJ-11 telephone cord
- Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- 9 AC outlets with two isolated banks:
- one isolated bank of four switched outlets
- one isolated bank of four switched high-current outlets
- one front-panel convenience outlet
- surge and over- and under-voltage protection
- AVM™ circuitry monitors incoming power and automatically cuts power to connected equipment if undervoltage or overvoltage is detected
- EMI/RFI noise filtering for clearer sound and picture
- two sets of coaxial RF connections for cable/satellite/TV antenna
- RJ-45 LAN line input and output
- RJ-11 phone line input and output
- front-panel USB charger for use with MP3 players, cell phones, and other portable devices
- two front-panel convenience lights with adjustable brightness
- front-panel digital voltmeter
- 1650-joule surge protection
- maximum current rating: 15 amps
- 17"W x 2-1/8"H x 9-3/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- $5 million connected-equipment warranty (covers equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector if protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications)
Panamax M4300-PM Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||9|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$5,000,000|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
9 AC Outlets: The Panamax M4300-PM features 1 front-panel "Always On" AC outlet, 4 rear-panel "Switched Linear Filtered" AC outlets, and 4 rear-panel "Switched High Current" AC outlets.
- High Current Outlets: The unit's High Current Outlets provide power from a low impedance noise filtration circuit that does not limit the current to your equipment. Its output is noise isolated from all of the other outlets.
- Linear Noise Filtration Outlets: The Linear Noise Filtration Outlets provide a two stage tapped Pi filter circuit for each outlet in bank 2.
- Gaming Outlet: The M4300-PM features a convenient AC outlet located on the front-panel for connecting your gaming system temporarily.
Level 2 Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration: The unit's Level 2 Power Cleaning and Linear Filtration eliminates common symptoms of contaminated power (including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums and visual artifacts) and allows your A/V equipment to perform up to its full capability. Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) evenly eliminates noise across the entire bandwidth, ensuring peak audio and video performance by reducing harmonic distortion and improving the signal-to-noise ratio.
Automatic/Visual Voltage Monitoring Circuitry: Panamax's patent pending AVM circuitry continuously monitors the incoming power as displayed on the unit's digital voltmeter. In case of an undervoltage or an overvoltage, a flashing red lightning bolt will be displayed in the voltmeter, and power to the connected equipment is automatically turned off if either of these conditions is detected. When voltage returns to a safe level, power to the equipment is automatically reconnected.
Cross-Contamination Reduction: The M4300-PM is designed to provide noise isolation between 2 isolated outlet banks including 4 high current outlets so that any noise created by an A/V component can not contaminate the power going to equipment plugged into another outlet bank.
HD Ready Coax Jacks: The unit's coaxial protection circuits achieve optimum signal quality from newly designed connectors that have less than 0.5 dB of attenuation from 0Hz to 2.2GHz. The unit's clamping level of 75V will meet the demands of both cable and satellite voltage while minimizing exposure to damaging spikes and surges.
LAN/Phone Jacks: Protection circuits for 10/100 baseT Ethernet and standard telephone or pay-per-view lines. Phone circuit is auto-resetting. In-coming LAN or phone cords must be plugged into the "Line" jack. Patch cords to the equipment (satellite receiver, digital video recorder, telephone, computer, etc) must be plugged into the "Equip" jacks ( 2 Line in jack, 2 Equip jacks).
USB Charger: The M4300-PM features a front-panel USB type-A port for charging your MP3 player, cell phone, or other small electronic.
Digital Voltmeter: The M4300-PM features a front-panel Digital Voltmeter which monitors the voltage supplying your home theater equipment. If line voltage drops below 90VAC, or if the line voltage exceeds 142VAC, the display will turn off and the "unsafe voltage" indicator will flash indicating and unsafe voltage condition.
Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Each bank of outlets feature a corresponding Blue LED indicator. These LEDs indicate the status of the corresponding rear panel outlets. The LED will be lit when the outlets are turned On. They will flash during the startup and shutdown process.
Front Panel Lights: The M4300-PM is equipped with two switchable convenience lights to view your media and home theater system in the dark.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the M4300-PM. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim, please see the warranty sheet.
- Power Button: Powers M4300-PM on and off.
- Dimmer Button: Adjusts brightness level of unit's front panel lights and voltmeter.
- Front Panel Lights: 2 switchable convenience lights (amber in color) to view your media and home theater system when it's dark.
- Digital Voltmeter: Digital LED voltmeter indicates the incoming line voltage.
- Outlet Bank Power LEDs: Bank 1 and Bank 2 each have a corresponding LED indicator.
- Circuit Breaker: Resets M4300-PM.
- AC Outlet: Front panel outlet for gaming systems.
- USB: USB port for charging portable devices such as MP3 players or cell-phones.
- Linear Filtration Switched Bank 1: Four switched linear filtered outlets controlled by the front panel power button labeled DVR, HD Cable/SAT, CD/DVP, HDTV/Monitor.
- High Current Switch Bank 2: Four switched, high current outlets controlled by the front panel power button labeled Subwoofer, Receiver, AUX/VCR, and Amplifier.
- LAN Jacks: One RJ-45 input and one RJ-45 output for 10/100 baseT Ethernet lines.
- Phone Jacks: One RJ-11 input and one RJ-11 output for standard telephone lines.
- Coaxial Jacks: Two gold-plated, threaded, female coaxial inputs and two gold-plated, threaded, female coaxial outputs for connecting your satellite, cable or antenna TV signal lines.
- Ground Lug: Gold-plated binding post that provides a common grounding point for equipment with separate ground leads.
- Line Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800W)
- UL 1449 Surge Suppression Rating: 330V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V peak, 141V RMS
- Response Time: under 1 nanosecond
- Joule Rating: 1650 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 65,000A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration:
- Bank 1, Filtered Switched Outlets: 60dB (100kHz-2MHz)
- Bank 2, High Current Switched Outlets: 49dB (100kHz-2MHz)
- Over-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 144V (+/-8)
- Under-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 90V (+/-6)
- Clamping Level: 50V
- Connectors: RJ-45
- Wires Protected: 8 wires
- Jacks: USB
- Power Delivery: 5 x 100mA
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: approximately 30pf
- Suppression Modes: metallic and longitudinal
- Connections: RJ-11
- Wires Protected: 2 wires (4&5)
Universal Cable and Satellite Protection:
- Clamping Level: 75V
- Insertion Loss: <0.5dB
- Bandwidth: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Connections: Gold-plated female F-type
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.