Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Panamax MAX® 4300
DBS-ready line conditioner & surge protector
Item # 299MAX4300 | MFR # MAX4300
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Panamax MAX® 4300by Crutchfield's Melanie Seibert
You've put a lot of time and money into your A/V system protect your investment with the MAX 4300. It guards up to 7 components, including your DBS system, from the catastrophic damage that can be caused by voltage spikes. This super-vigilant unit reacts within a nanosecond (a billionth of a second!) to stop a surge dead in its tracks.
The MAX 4300 also protects against surges that travel through your coax antenna and DBS cables. And with a lifetime $5,000,000 connected equipment guarantee, you know your system is safe!
But that's not all: the MAX 4300's "Balanced L" technology can improve your system's performance, too, by eliminating up to 99.7% of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI). EMI is generated by lawnmowers, blenders, washing machines, and other appliances. RFI is generated by CBs, radio stations, microwave ovens, and cellular phones. Both can add buzzes, pops and other noises to your system, and can distort your TV's picture.
- 7 AC outlets four switched, three always-on
- surge and over- and under-voltage protection
- LED indicators for "Ground OK", "Line Fault", and "Unsafe Voltage" warn you of wiring and power problems
- LED status indicator for switched outlets
- one set F-type coax connections (for cable TV or antenna)
- one set DBS in/out coax connections
- one RJ-11 phone line in/out path
- 10-foot power cord
- maximum current rating 15 amps/1800 watts
- can be rack-mounted using optional kit
- 16-7/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-7/16"D
- warranty: 3 years
- $5 million lifetime connected equipment warranty (covers equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector if protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications)
- five-foot RJ-11 telephone cord
- two five-foot RG-6 coax cables
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||---|
|Powerline Network Compatible||---|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||---|
SurgeGate Plus Circuitry: The exclusive SurgeGate Plus Circuitry is a "power monitoring" system that protects AC equipment against prolonged over-voltages and under-voltages. In the event of a prolonged over-voltage or under-voltage, the SurgeGate Plus Circuitry will disconnect power to the connected equipment, then automatically reconnect it once power has returned to a safe level.
SignalPerfect Circuitry: Gold-plated connectors and shielded SignalPerfect Circuitry provide the best protection possible for standard cable TV. For the telephone line, SignalPerfect Circuitry provides optimized signal line surge protection ensuring a clean, clear connection. SignalPerfect Circuitry has auto-resetting phone line protection and is DSL ready.
ProtectorDisconnect Circuitry: In the event of a catastrophic surge, such as lightning, the ProtectorDisconnect Circuitry completely disconnects power to all connected equipment.
State of the Art Filtration System: The AC outlets are fed through a "double L" filtration circuit to eliminate EMI/RFI noise on all three power paths (L-N, L-G and N-G), so even equipment with 2-blade plugs receive clean, uncontaminated power.
Always-On Outlets: Three Always-On outlets remain on continually to provide a constant power source for programmable audio/video components.
Switched Outlets: The MAX 4300 has four switched outlets that turn your connected equipment on or off with one of two triggers, the front-panel switched outlets pushbutton or the voltage sense trigger input.
Voltage Sense Trigger: This feature provides an On/Off trigger for the MAX 4300 using a 12VDC remote control signal. Many components have a 12VDC trigger built-in and will transmit a constant power signal when turned on and in use. This power signal will initiate the startup or shutdown sequence of the MAX 4300's switched outlets. The MAX 4300 voltage sense trigger input uses a standard 1/8" mini-plug jack.
Circuit Breaker: A circuit breaker is located on the back panel of the MAX 4300. The circuit breaker will trip only if the total current draw exceeds the maximum current rating (15A). This means that collectively, all outlets must draw more than 15 amps before the circuit breaker will trip.
$5,000,000 Lifetime Connected Equipment Warranty: Panamax will replace, pay to replace at fair market value, or pay to repair, up to $5,000,000 of equipment that is damaged by an AC surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector, if the surge protector shows signs of surge damage or is operating outside of design specifications. For coverage conditions and information on how to make a claim, please see the warranty sheet.
Status Indicators: The MAX 4300 has the following status LEDs on the front panel: switched outlets, ground ok, line fault (called "ground fault" in manual, but labeled "line fault" on front of unit), and unsafe voltage.
- Always-On: three Always-On outlets
- Switched: four switched outlets
- Voltage Sense Trigger Input: 1/8" mini-plug jack
- Phone Line/Equip: telephone line input and output (RJ-11 connections)
- Satellite: coaxial line input and output (gold-plated female F-type connectors)
- CATV/ANT: coaxial line input and output (gold-plated female F-type connectors)
AC Surge Protection:
- Line Voltage: 120VAC
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A
- UL 1449 Surge Suppression Rating: 330V
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- Initial Clamping Level: 200V peak, 141V RMS
- Response Time: under 1 nanosecond
- Joule Rating: 1650 Joules
- Peak Impulse Current: 52,000A
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50dB (100kHz-1MHz)
- Over-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 147V (+/-8)
- Under-voltage Shutoff Threshold: 84V (+/-6)
- Voltage and Polarity: 12VDC, bi-directional
- Current Requirement: 30mA
- Clamping Level: 27V
- Attenuation: <1dB from 950MHz-2.05GHz (<2.4dB @ 2.2GHz)
- Clamping Level: 0.7V
- Attenuation: <1dB from 5MHz-950MHz
- Clamping Level: 260V
- Capacitance: approximately 30pf
- Suppression Modes: metallic and longitudinal
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.