Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Space-saving surge protector with two outlets
Our take on the Panamax MD2-C by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
The compact MD2-C plugs right into a standard AC wall outlet and provides reliable protection for two components. Run your TV's cable or antenna feed through the MD2-C's coaxial jacks to fully protect your television or DVR. The two AC outlets are placed on the sides to allow space-saving connections that let you move your furniture closer to the wall.
The MD2-C protects your gear without compromising performance — in fact, it may even improve it thanks to Panamax' proven noise filtering circuitry. And its wide frequency range lets it easily pass high-definition cable TV signals.
Does the job, fits behind the TV and protects the investment
Anonymous, North Kingstown, RI
What's in the Box:
- Two AC outlet surge protector with RF coaxial protection
- Removable/paintable front-panel (installed)
- 42" RG-59 coaxial cable (with 2 male RF-type connector on each end)
- Machine screw
- Installation Instructions
- 2 side-mounted AC power outlets (always on)
- Protect or Disconnect circuitry safeguards equipment against all surges (disconnects AC power in the event of a lightning strike or other "catastrophic" surge)
- EMI/RFI noise filtering provides clean power
- maximum current rating: 15A
- 1 set of coaxial RF input/output jacks for cable TV or antenna
- wide frequency range for use with satellite or cable TV (0 MHz - 2.2 GHz)
- bi-directional for compatibility with digital cable services
- low insertion loss (less than 0.5dB)
- removable, paintable cover
- 3-3/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 1-5/8"D
- warranty: lifetime on MD2-C
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lifetime $100,000 connected equipment warranty
Panamax MD2-C Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||2|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||$100,000|
Protect or Disconnect Circuitry: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector's exclusive "Protect or Disconnect" circuitry safeguards your equipment against all surges. In the event of a catastrophic surge such as lightning, the MD2-C completely disconnects AC power to your connected equipment.
Two AC Outlets: The two 3-prong AC outlets are turned 90-degress from one another to accommodate different style plugs or transformers. One plug is located on the left-side, while the other plug is located on the right-side.
Right-Angle AC Plug: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector features an integrated right-angle 3-prong AC plug which plugs directly into an AC wall outlet.
Noise Filtration Circuit: The Panamax MD2-C Surge Protector utilizes a Noise Filtration Circuit (EMI/RFI) to remove noise and provide clean power.
Coaxial Protection: One pair of universal CATV/SAT/ANT connectors (In/Out) protect your equipment from electrical surges that travel over low voltage lines.
Two Diagnostic Lights: Two Panamax MD2-C is equipped with two Diagnostic Lights (LED) - Power On/Protection OK and Line Fault.
- Power On/Protection OK: This LED (blue) indicates the power is on, surge protector is functioning properly, and all connected equipment is protected.
- Line Fault: If this LED is lit (red), it indicates an improperly wired outlet.
Paintable Cover: The MD2-C's removable front-cover is paintable to ensure a seamless fit with almost any décor.
- Protection Modes: L-N, L-G, N-G
- UL 1449 Rating: 330V
- Voltage Protection Rating: L-N 400V, L-G 500V, N-G 400V
- Single Pulse Energy Dissipation: 1350 Joules
- Response Time: <1 ns
- Peak Impulse Current: 60,000 A
- Nominal Discharge Current: 3,000 A
- Maximum Current Rating: 15A (1800 W)
- Line Voltage: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Initial Clamping: 200V
- EMI/RFI Noise Filtration: 50 dB (100kHz - 1MHz)
- Insertion Loss: < 5 dB
- Frequency Range: 0MHz - 2.2GHz
- Connectors: Female "F"-type
- CATV/SAT Clamping Level: 75V
$100,000 Limited Connected Equipment Protection Warranty: Panamax will replace or repair equipment that is damaged by an AC line surge while connected to a properly installed Panamax surge protector (up to $100,000).
Lifetime Product Warranty: The surge protector shall be free of any defects in design, materials, or workmanship; and Panamax will repair or replace any defective unit.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
After talking with Wolf and reading reviews Panamax has an excellent reputation. The unit also conditions the electricity, in the rural area I live in the power goes on and off not infrequently so this will help. This past week a factory explosion cause area wide power fluctuations. An APS Back-up protected the main tv & entertainment equipment but another unprotected TV would not work. Time to get additional surge protection and this smaller unit will do the job on bedroom and den TV's. [ BETH A May 02, 2017 ]
fit behind the TV and included coax protection [ David S. Mar 11, 2016 ]