Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Add-on protection module for satellite, CATV, and cable modems
Our take on the Panamax MOD-DBSTV by Crutchfield's Ralph Graves
Expand the protection offered by your Panamax EX or Panamax PRO power line conditioner with the MOD-DBSTV. This plug-in module gives you additional protection for your TV signal and phone line connections. You get two sets of satellite TV jacks, a set of cable TV or antenna jacks, and a telephone line input and output for your DSL modem or pay-per-view connection.
- satellite, cable TV, and phone line add-on module
- for use with Panamax EX and Panamax PRO power line conditioners
- 2 sets of satellite TV coaxial RF input/output jacks
- 1 set cable TV or antenna coaxial RF input/output jacks
- 1 set of phone line input/output jacks
- 4-3/4"W x 1-3/4"H x 7-7/8"D
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Signal line protection module
- Two 42" RG-6 coax cables
- 4' Telephone cord
- Rectangular grounding bracket
- 2 Machine screws
- 3 Self-tapping screws
- 3 Spacer eyelets
- 3 Drywall anchors
- Installation Instructions
- Bracket Installation instructions
- Connections diagram
- Warranty sheet
Features and Specs
|Total AC Outlets||0|
|Powerline Network Compatible||No|
|Connected Equipment Guarantee||N/A|
Overview: The Panamax MOD-DBSTV is a signal line protection module, designed to work with several Panamax surge protectors and line conditioners. The module is designed to protect two satellite lines, one cable TV or antenna line, and one telephone line.
Add-on Modules: Panamax offers add-on modules that can be daisy-chained to specific AC surge protector base units. Modules can be "stacked" one on top of another to protect additional phone and data lines, computer network lines, satellite and CATV coax lines, and speaker, keypad, control, and security wires. Brackets are included for connecting the module to the base unit.
Panamax Unit Compatibility: The MOD-DBSTV works with the following Panamax units capable of accepting add-on signal line modules:
- PM8-EX, PM8T-EX, PM8C-EX, PM8DBS-EX
- M8-EX, M8T-EX, M8C-EX, M8DBS-EX, M4-EX, M4T-EX
- M8C-Pro, M8HC-Pro
- M8-HT, M8-HT-PRO, PM8-HT
Connections: The MOD-DBSTV is equipped with the following connections.
- SAT/CATV: The MOD-BSTV is equipped with three gold-plated female F-type input connections and three gold-plated female F-type output connections. Two sets of these connections are rated at 950MHz-2.2GHz for Satellite while the other connection is rated at 5MHz-950MHz for cable or antenna.
- RJ11: The MOD-BSTV is equipped with one RJ-11 output connection and one RJ-11 input connection to protect your phone line.
Warranty Note: This signal line protection module does not provide a Connected Equipment Protection guarantee as a stand alone item. It must be properly installed with a compatible Panamax AC base unit, and the base unit's Connected Equipment Protection Policy will remain intact.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
1 question already asked
1 answer It is very hard for me to determine if these and other surge protectors will work for cable modems. If it works for cable/satellite does that automatically mean it works for cable modems as well and to cover a modem/router or, in my case a gateway, do you have to have protection on the wall outlet and the cable line or one or the other? [ Chris Jul 06, 2017 ]
For more details regarding surge protection for your cable modem, you will want to contact an Advisor directly by phone (888.955.6000). They can help you determine which surge protectors will work with the type of modem you have. Thank you! [ Larry Jul 11, 2017 ] Staff