Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
19" 720p LED HDTV (2013 model)
Item # 30519F4000 | MFR # UN19F4000BFXZA
Instant Savings: -$10.00
$129.99 Earn up to 130 Rewards points
Our take on the Samsung UN19F4000 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A small-screen gem
The Samsung UN19F4000 is a terrific little 19" TV. Its advanced LED backlight delivers superior picture contrast by expanding the range of gray tones from deep black to brilliant white. You'll also be impressed by its wide, accurate color palette. And this TV is incredibly energy-efficient, too.
Inputs for your favorite sources
The UN19F4000 provides two HDMI inputs and a component video input for connecting your high-definition gear. You also get a USB input for plugging in a camera or thumb drive — it's like having an oversized digital photo frame anytime you want.
Great small TV perfect for kitchen.
Anonymous, Brewster, NY
What's in the Box:
- 19" LED-LCD TV
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal stand
- Wireless remote control (AA59-00600A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Three 4mm x 12mm screws
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warning! Important Safety Instructions
- Important Safety Precautions
- "Stop/Samsung Support" note
- 18.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- edge-lit LED backlight provides good picture contrast
- Motion Rate 120 blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- built-in stereo speakers (3 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
Connections and Dimensions:
- 3 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- USB input for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- this TV has no audio output for connecting a sound bar or other audio system
- minijack headphone output
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 7-1/8"W x 4-15/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 17-3/4"W x 11-1/4"H x 3-3/8"D (12-1/2"H x 4-15/16"D on stand)
- weight: 5.7 lbs. with stand; 5.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung UN19F4000 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Clear Motion Rate 120: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (60Hz), image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
Motion Lighting: The TV automatically adjust the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
720p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 720p (1366 x 768). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.3): The Samsung LED-LCD TV features two HDMI 1.3 inputs. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external input.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Entertain: sharpens the picture for games (only available when TV is connected to a PC)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an improved picture
- LED Clear Motion: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clearer picture
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external input.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game modes.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
Samsung MagicAngle: When viewing the TV screen at an angle from below or above, you can select from one the Samsung MagicAngle modes to optimize picture quality according to your viewing position. You can choose from Lean Back Mode( when viewing from a slightly lower position) or Standing Mode (when viewing from an uppers position).
DTS TruSurround: DTS TruSurround is a patented DTS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. DTS TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Headphone Jack: The TV is fitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening.
ConnectShare: ConnectShare enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's USB (type-A) port. Files must be formatted in FAT or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 4,000 files and folders (2,000 files per folder).
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG, DivX, XviD, & H.264) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view. Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32/44.1/48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Firmware/Software Updates: Firmware/software upgrades can be performed by downloading the latest firmware/software updates from Samsung's Support Site to a USB thumbdrive.
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Close Captions (CC): The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Energy Star Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV is Energy Star compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers programmable On/Off Timers and a Sleep Timer.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LED-LCD television only. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23' from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button. This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, Volume, and # 5 buttons for the visually impaired.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 5.7 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 75mm (h) x 75mm (v). The threaded inserts require M4 (4mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 5.5 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung LED-LCD TV comes with an AC power adapter and 5' detachable AC power cord. The AC power adapter's DC cord sits 0.9375" out from the rear-panel. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.75" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
already own one - dependable and quality picture [ J Jun 21, 2017 ]
Looking for tv for kitchen. This fits into available space and seems to maximize picture quality for size. Hope it meets expectations. If not, have confidence Crutchfield will make it right. [ Eric Jun 10, 2017 ]
Sounded like an excellent opportunity to own this top-of-the-line Samsung TV; I really like the design and the picture of the SUHV models. [ HDR May 08, 2017 ]
size.....and recommended brand [ Henry Apr 27, 2017 ]
just the right size [ Howard Apr 24, 2017 ]
Quality television that fits my cabinet design [ Z Apr 24, 2017 ]
Just the size I need. [ WILFRED D Apr 20, 2017 ]
I love Samsung tvs [ Lynn Apr 18, 2017 ]
no longer available locally [ Jeannette Apr 12, 2017 ]
I needed a small tv for my kitchen and this received very good reviews. [ Jennifer Apr 04, 2017 ]
Looking for a small tv in the kitchen--guess what? These small screens are rare birds. I signed up online to be notified when this product became available. Thank you for the email when it was back in stock. Your price is the best I've found for this item. [ Christine Apr 01, 2017 ]
Size and brand [ Terry Mar 19, 2017 ]
Marine use. Quality product. Great assistance from Chad [ Betty Mar 18, 2017 ]
I selected this item for an hdmi video connection to an audio streamer/CD ripper. I selected this size because it will fit in my audio cabinet. It will replace an aging 12 inch Sharp TV with no HDMI i/p. I selected Crutchfield because of the price and the free shipping to the great state of NJ! [ Lorraine Mar 16, 2017 ]
already have one, great quality TV [ K Mar 15, 2017 ]
I liked the reviews it received on this website. [ Keith Mar 14, 2017 ]
Crutchfield provides product reviews. Not everyone does. Very helpful. Nice clean website. [ William Mar 03, 2017 ]
My tv was old an not a smart tv ive always wanted one thanks [ Joshua Mar 01, 2017 ]
I was looking for a 19" Samsung HD TV for my Den to replace an old tube TV I had for years - I searched a few other resources & found that the Critiques by other reviewers were great - also the price, free shipping & the help I rec'd from your representative, Tim. Being a Senior, hopefully, I can connect base, wires, etc. without any problems. Thank you, Lois S. [ Lois Feb 28, 2017 ]
Wanted a small TV for guest room. This was the right price. [ Lyvone Ginyard Feb 16, 2017 ]
I like Samsung TVs. This was the best price I found by as much as $20-$40. Free shipping saved another $20-$30. I used Crutchfield some years ago and am sure glad I looked this product up on their website today! [ LUIS Feb 08, 2017 ]
Dependable Samsung quality and reliability. A premiere brand with a sterling quality reputation. [ STEVEN Feb 07, 2017 ]
The number 1 rated product in it's category and the Samsung Brand. [ Paul Feb 06, 2017 ]
size [ Brenda Feb 04, 2017 ]
compact and ideal for vacation home bedrooms [ erik Jan 29, 2017 ]
size weight and ratings for intended use , [ WILLIAM Jan 26, 2017 ]
So I can get TV broadcasts/antenna. [ Virginia J. Jan 22, 2017 ]
For my master bathroom. Needed the LED Tech so the image can be seen from all angles. Replacing old LCD tv. [ Michael Jan 22, 2017 ]
HEADPHONE JACK, which every manufacturer has eliminated including Samsung on newer models. Also due to good reviews for this particular model. [ pbpark Jan 18, 2017 ]
Needed small TV with both types of tuners to fit my RV [ Geoffrey Jan 16, 2017 ]
It was the only small sized tv that wasn't some kind of off brand that I could find. I needed it for a small shelf in my kitchen. [ Adrian Jan 13, 2017 ]
A) Samsung B) Scratch & Dent price C) needed new kitchen TV D) Had rewards points E) It's Crutchfield - nuf said! [ KELLEY Dec 16, 2016 ]
I trust the brand. [ James Dec 14, 2016 ]
It's tough to find a good TV that has a headphone jack! I also had great experience with a previous generation small Samsung TV that is still going strong. Buying one from Crutchfield is icing on the cake and I get to use my rewards too! [ Raymond Dec 14, 2016 ]
The price was the same as that offered by Amazon and a few other online stores, but Crutchfield offered free three-day shipping. No need to join Amazon Prime or pay for three-day shipping like other merchants were charging. [ Brent Dec 06, 2016 ]
replaces kitchen counter samsung 19" without built-in digital converter, no more cable co. monthly fee for converter box! 10 mo. payback! [ NANCY L Nov 30, 2016 ]
Best fit for my space [ Jeffery Nov 25, 2016 ]
I need a small tv for my kitchen. I have purchased from Crutchfield in the past and have always been pleased with their products and tech support. [ Curtis Henry Nov 09, 2016 ]
was the sizei needed and had good reviews. [ JOHN Sep 12, 2016 ]
I chose this TV to fit in my kitchen , and chose Cruchfield over Amazon because all I've heard in addition to the reviews I've read say how securely they package all their products , and how helpful the staff are should you have any questions - [ Denise Sep 12, 2016 ]
Looking for a small TV with good sound. Reviews say sound is good as well as th picture. [ Patsy Aug 04, 2016 ]
It fit all my needs [ Nancy Aug 01, 2016 ]
Good price and crutchfield service and free shipping. [ James Jul 12, 2016 ]
It will fit in the space for replacement on my boat [ Richard Jul 12, 2016 ]
I was looking for a small led tv and this was the smallest size I could find online. It replaces a LCD TVof same size. [ eugene Jun 26, 2016 ]
Price [ Alberto Jun 19, 2016 ]
Was looking for the perfect size tv for my kitchen counter ...also appreciate a well-known brand. [ Judy Jun 12, 2016 ]
Crutchfield integrity and availability of support 24-7. [ John Jun 04, 2016 ]
Price, availability, and free shipping, along with Crutchfield's service and reputation made this a perfect choice. [ Giesele Apr 18, 2016 ]
Screen size met my needs. Also been pleased with previous purchased Samsung TV. [ CRT Dec 18, 2015 ]
I chose this product because Andy informed me that this model does have a built in QAM tuner. [ Heather Paige Dec 15, 2015 ]
Size, positive reviews and Crutchfield's reputation [ Anthony Dec 10, 2015 ]
12 questions already asked
The remote is programmable to the TV. The TV is connected to the Cox cable. --no box. [ James Mar 27, 2017 ]
I would think the Cox cable remote could be programmed to operate this TV with no problem. [ Joseph Mar 17, 2017 ]
Thanks for your question. The estimated yearly electricity use is listed as 29 kWh. Hope this helps. [ Kenny Mar 04, 2017 ] Staff
The manufacturer does not specify. Looking at the owner's manual it just shows 3 screws for mounting to the base but no details on type. [ Kenny Nov 14, 2016 ] Staff
I don't see any mention in the manual for this TV being capable of dual voltage input. The manual did seem to indicate that they make different models for the different voltages. I hope this helps! My Bio: http://www.crutchfield.com/Support/Bio.aspx?bio=101 [ Paul May 12, 2016 ] Staff
I don't remember exactly because I bought 2 tv's at the time , I've been very pleased with them. I think it was around 499., [ JOAN Apr 01, 2016 ]
You will need to reach out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) to discuss the pricing on this product. [ Krissy Mar 09, 2016 ] Staff
Sorry, I don't remember how much we paid a couple of years ago. but, we are satisfied with it. [ SHARON S Mar 09, 2016 ]
If you purchased the product from Crutchfield, feel free to contact our Tech Support team. They can walk you through the settings on the product and see if there may be a fix. Our toll-free Tech Support number is printed on your invoice, and is also available under the "My Orders" tab in the "My Account" section of our website. If you did not purchase the unit from Crutchfield, then you may want to contact the manufacturer. You can also post your question in our forums: http://community.crutchfield.com. Or try our online support center: http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/. [ Krissy Feb 24, 2016 ] Staff
With the stand attached, 12.5 inches height, 17.75 inches width. [ PETER R Oct 17, 2015 ]
12 1/4'' with base and 17 3/4'' wide [ william Oct 07, 2015 ]
The monitor itself is 11 in. high x 17 3/4 in. wide. When the monitor is mounted on its stand, then its 1'-0 3/16" high. These measurements would also be in the product details in the web ad. Bill [ William Oct 06, 2015 ]
width: a little greater than 17.75 inches (less than 18 inches) height: a little greater than 12.25 inches (less than 12.5 inches) depth: 5 inches (but you also need room for the cables coming out the back). [ PATRICK H Oct 06, 2015 ]
The width is 18". I modified the base to fit under a kitchen cabinet, which gave me a 18" height. I would guess that the height with the supplied base would be aprox. 21" [ RAYMOND L Oct 05, 2015 ]
With the base like shown in the photo it is 19 1/2" high, 29 1/4" wide, and 7 1/2" deep plus 2" or so for cables and connectors [ SIG Oct 05, 2015 ]
As I recall I did all that with the remote. [ Michael Mar 11, 2015 ]
These controls are on the remote. We have had this TV for about 16 months and are very happy with it. [ RICHARD Mar 11, 2015 ]
Sorry I can't answer your question as the unit is still in the unopened box. Heath issues have limited my abilities. [ Robert Mar 10, 2015 ]
Mine has great picture .... does not need adjusting, so do not have answer for your question. [ MARJORIE J Mar 10, 2015 ]
Press MENU on your remote control. The default first choice is PICTURE. Look toward the bottom of your remote and you will see left and right arrows. Push the right one twice. [ MEAD Mar 10, 2015 ]
They apparently don't show in the photograph, but they are on the lower right hand face of the black frame. [ RAYMOND L Mar 10, 2015 ]
6 answers IS THE TV PLUG AND PLAY? CAN YOU SIMPLY PLUG IN A INDOOR ANTENNA,PLUG IN TV AND USE IT WITHOUT ANY FUTHER CONNECTION AS I WANT TO PLACE IN BEDROOM WHERE THERE ARE NO OTHER CONNECTIONS? DOES IT ONLY TAKE ONE PERSON TO ATTACH THE BASE TO THE TV. I'M HOPING I WOULD BE ABLE TO DOIT BY MYSELF. THANKS ALOT [ DON Mar 07, 2015 ]
The input opening is labelled for an antenna or a cable type input. Of course your reception will depend on the strength of your signal and whether or not you have a digital converter box. I attached the base by myself, but it is a challenge getting the screws into the recessed holes with these bases. [ PETER R Mar 10, 2015 ]
This is a very small TV (though with a decent size screen and exactly what we were looking for) and I do not remember any difficulty attaching the base by myself. We have it attached to a cable box, so I can not comment on its ability to use an indoor antenna. The same port is used for cable and antenna, and the port works fine for us - just plugged in the coaxial cable. [ PATRICK H Mar 09, 2015 ]
Don, Couldn't be simpler, three phillips head screws to attach the base. It needs a #2 Phillips head screwdriver with at least a two inch shaft, not counting the handle. If an indoor antenna works in your area, it will work with this set. I have two of them purchased the end of 21013 , both working great. [ DAVID Mar 09, 2015 ]
The TV is plug & play. My TV is connected to an over the air outdoor antenna through a coaxial cable with a F type connector on the back of the TV. Works great and has a very good picture. It only takes one attach the base. [ James Mar 09, 2015 ]
Yes, I simply attached the cable tv connection and plugged in the power cord. The set up was pretty much automatic. I use this TV in my kitchen and have been extremely happy with it. Attaching the base was very easy - I'm a senior and had no problem. It's very light weight which was good for me because it's located on a high shelf. [ Mary Jo Mar 09, 2015 ]
Yes, you can plug in an antenna y the base can be put on by yourself. [ Juvencio Mar 09, 2015 ]
Only thing is you need to support the base completely on a flat surface. I had it supported on the ends only and it eventually sagged badly. My fault. [ SIG Oct 05, 2015 ]
MATTHEW THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE. COULD YOU TELL ME, CAN YOU JUST PLUG THE TV INTO WALL OUTLET AND USE IT RIGHT AWAY ITHOUT ANY FUTHER CONNECTIONS? I WANT TO PUT IT IN THE BEDROOM WHERE THERE IS NO CABLE TV OR STERO. JUST NEED A PLUG AND PLAY TV. THANKS VERY MUCH [ DON Mar 05, 2015 ]
No issues at all for me. [ MATTHEW Mar 05, 2015 ]
Yes [ DAVID Mar 05, 2015 ]
No it's terrible. It' won't keep the TV straight. Is there a fix? [ MARK S Mar 05, 2015 ]
Yes it's easy. You just insert the metal flange of the base into the slot on the bottom / back of the tv and secure the 2 screws with a Philips screwdriver. [ DAN Mar 05, 2015 ]
It has been a few months ago, but I think it was fairly easy to connect. [ GREG A Mar 05, 2015 ]
Not sure. [ Robert Aug 24, 2015 ]
Yes it does. Just plug in your USB drive with JPEGs or video on it, press the Menu button on the remote, scroll down to Media Play, press Enter on the remote and just follow the option choices displayed on the screen. When you choose Pictures it reads the thumb drive and displays thumbnails of all the pictures with the first one selected. Just press Enter and it starts the slideshow. Enjoy! [ DAN Dec 13, 2014 ]
sorry i have no idea on usb. i only use it to watch tv and it is excellent. crutchfields is the only place i buy t.v.s from (4 ) i am not into this cell phone, social media word at all. sorry,kevin [ KEVIN L Dec 11, 2014 ]
We have not received any answers from other customers on your question. I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone (1-800-324-9695) or online chat. They should be able to help answer your question. [ Krissy Aug 05, 2014 ] Staff