Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
22" 1080p LED-LCD HDTV
Item # 30522F5000 | MFR # UN22F5000AFXZA
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung UN22F5000 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
30% more screen than a 19" for just a few dollars more
When folks are shopping for a super-compact TV, they automatically think of 19" models, but a 22" screen like Samsung's UN22F5000 provides over 30% more screen area for just a little more money. The shallow panel depth and skinny bezel help this TV squeeze into tight spots like a kitchen counter. This model's advanced LED backlight delivers snappy picture contrast — bright whites, solid blacks, and every shade in between.
Inputs for your favorite sources
The UN22F5000 has two HDMI inputs and a component video input for connecting your high-definition gear. You also get a USB port for plugging in a camera or thumb drive — it's really handy to have a larger-than-laptop-sized screen when you want to share photos and videos.
The Samsung is a great tv for the kitchen. The sound is fantastic. We had a Vizio and the sound was horrible, so this one is a step up. The picture, however, isn't as crisp as the Vizio. But it's still a very good picture. For the money, you can't go wrong.
Lisa, Winona, MN
What's in the Box:
- 22" LED-LCD TV
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal stand
- Wireless remote control (AA59-00600A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Three 4mm x 12mm screws
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Warning! Important Safety Instructions
- Important Safety Precautions
- "Stop/Samsung Support" note
- 21.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- matte screen with black bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast
- 60Hz refresh rate plus backlight scanning for blur reduction
- built-in stereo speakers (3 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
Connections and Dimensions:
- 3 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 HDMI
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- this TV has no audio output for connecting a sound bar or other audio system
- minijack headphone output
- USB input for connecting a camera or thumb drive
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 10-1/2"W x 6-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 20-3/16"W x 12-5/8"H x 3"D (14-1/2"H x 6-3/4"D on stand)
- weight: 6.3 lbs. with stand; 5.7 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung UN22F5000 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Clear Motion Rate 120: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (60Hz), image processor speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended. Witness the entire RGB spectrum brought to life on your screen to bring you exceptionally vibrant, yet natural-looking images faithful to the director's original intent.
Motion Lighting: The TV automatically adjust the brightness of the screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.3): The Samsung LED-LCD TV features two HDMI 1.3 inputs. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED-LCD TV features a single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external input.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Entertain: sharpens the picture for games (only available when TV is connected to a PC)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image (Auto/Native)
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an improved picture
- LED Clear Motion: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clearer picture
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for each external input.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game modes.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
Samsung MagicAngle: When viewing the TV screen at an angle from below or above, you can select from one the Samsung MagicAngle modes to optimize picture quality according to your viewing position. You can choose from Lean Back Mode( when viewing from a slightly lower position) or Standing Mode (when viewing from an uppers position).
DTS TruSurround: DTS TruSurround is a patented DTS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. DTS TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more customized sound.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Headphone Jack: The TV is fitted with a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening.
ConnectShare: ConnectShare enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's USB (type-A) port. Files must be formatted in FAT or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 4,000 files and folders (2,000 files per folder).
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG, DivX, XviD, & H.264) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view. Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32/44.1/48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Firmware/Software Updates: Firmware/software upgrades can be performed by downloading the latest firmware/software updates from Samsung's Support Site to a USB thumbdrive.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI Device, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Close Captions (CC): The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Energy Star Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD TV is Energy Star compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung LED-LCD TV offers programmable On/Off Timers and a Sleep Timer.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED-LCD TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LED-LCD television only. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23' from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button. This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, Volume, and # 5 buttons for the visually impaired.
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way "joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control the TV without the remote control.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The television weighs 6.3 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 75mm (h) x 75mm (v). The threaded inserts require M4 (4mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 5.7 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung LED-LCD TV comes with an AC power adapter and 5' detachable AC power cord. The AC power adapter's DC cord sits 1.5" out from the rear-panel. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.75" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
6 questions already asked
Yes I use this TV at my camp in Vermont. I also got a Mohu Sky antenna and get about 25 channels. Highly recommended they all come in great without turning the antenna. [ MICHAEL Nov 11, 2014 ]
Yes picks up all the digital Chanel's in the LA area. VHF and UHF. I use a antenna on my boat that has a booster of some kind. Will work with just old fashioned rabbit ear antena which I have done at the Rose Bowl for tailgate. [ Clark Nov 10, 2014 ]
Yes Ryan, this TV does have an over the air tuner. You will have to use an external antenna that you can buy inexpensively through Crutchfield or other retail stores. You will then be able to watch your local digital channels without a subscription to either Cable or satellite companies. This is a nice compact TV with a quality picture (1080p LCD)! [ MICKEY R Nov 10, 2014 ]
If I read the following statement from the specs correctly, I believe the answer is yes. "tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)" [ JANE Nov 10, 2014 ]
You will need an antenna. [ DIEGO Nov 10, 2014 ]
Not sure. Right now it's quite fixed and I'd rather not take it apart. Sorry. [ JACK Oct 19, 2014 ]
The stand screws on. [ Jaynemarie Oct 17, 2014 ]
inserts secured with screws [ RICHARD Oct 17, 2014 ]
Sorry I don't know. I had my son put it together. [ KATHY Oct 17, 2014 ]
It been so long I don't exactly remember how the stands went on. However I do know that I bought two of them and followed the assembly instructions each inside a dorm room. I seem to remember a screwdriver, but I am not sure. I know it was not hard and only a matter of following the instructions. Both TV's have and continue to give good service. Both are surviving after being moved back and forth between semesters. Good Luck! [ J Oct 17, 2014 ]
I'm really sorry I can't help as I mounted this into cabinets of the kitchen. No need for the stand so it got put on a shelf someplace. I am very satisfied with the tv.. [ ROBERT Oct 17, 2014 ]
Not sure,mine is on a wall mount.Sorry [ JOE C Oct 17, 2014 ]
11 answers We are considering this for a very small room where we have a treadmill. The size is perfect and will fit on the wall, close to where we will be - probably less than 4 feet from where will stand. The treadmill isn't extremely loud as treadmills go, but we want to make sure the volume will go high enough to hear while running on it. We do not use headphones as no others are around to disturb when we use it. Since this doesn't have an output to put a tiny speaker to increase volume if needed, wanted to get your thoughts on if this turns up fairly loud? Thanks so much for your answer! [ First Name Jun 09, 2014 ]
You will be fine, the volume goes very load, I however did purchase the Samsung sound bar as well [ SHANNON Jun 23, 2014 ]
I bought it for my bedroom. It's been an excellent set. The sound is fine and I think it could be heard just fine over a treadmill. I wish the sound on my 42" LG was as good. Good Luck! [ LUCILLE Jun 17, 2014 ]
Hi, I use it in the kitchen/breakfast bar area. It seems to have plenty of volume control. I never have it more than 1/3 volume and seems very solid. For small speakers they work well. Don't know how load your treadmill is, but I think it would be OK for you. [ MARK Jun 12, 2014 ]
I have this TV in my kitchen that is hooked up to an Over The Air antenna. I just turned it up and it is fairly loud. I don't think you will have an issue but I know some of those treadmills can be pretty noisy. I can't say for sure but I think you will be good. Hope that helps. [ MICHAEL Jun 11, 2014 ]
The sound quality of this, and all other small flat panel TVs, is poor. I purchased a pair of Bose powered PC speakers that plug into the TV's headphone jack for about $80. Now the sound is great. There are other decent PC speakers for less if $80 is too much. The TV is awesome. You can play mp4 movies via the USB port. I have a 3tb external hard drive with about 700 movies that i converted from DVD to MP4. The drive is quickly recognized and the movies play with no issues. Hope this helps. [ David Jun 10, 2014 ]
loud enough for a semi small room,only. [ RAFAEL Jun 10, 2014 ]
Although I didn't keep the TV for a long period of time (upgraded to a unit with a larger screen), I believe it will be loud enough for you to hear it with the treadmill going. [ TELFORD Jun 10, 2014 ]
The tv gets loud enough but to be honest the sound is rather tinny. I use my stereo for sound. [ DONALD Jun 10, 2014 ]
Volume is good with built-in speakers. Should be fine for treadmill. [ RICHARD Jun 10, 2014 ]
It is hard to answer your question having not been there. However, I can tell you that we bought two of these TV's, one each for twin daughters going off to college. The TV''s were easily loud enough for them to watch in their respective dorm rooms in different conditions at two separate universities. The volume tone settings can be changed to your liking as well. My general feeling is that you would not have any difficulties. Good Luck! [ J Jun 10, 2014 ]
I actually use it also when I am on a treadmill, but I read from some users that it isn't loud enough. I bought a ZVOX speaker connected it to the TV (my TV actually sits on the speaker) and it's perfect. Now i have great picture and loud enough volume for when i am on the treadmill. Hope this answers your question. [ Nada Jun 10, 2014 ]
This is a nice TV but it does not have a headphone port. [ MICKEY R Jan 27, 2014 ]
Hi- Yes, there is a head-phone jack, but note that it is located on the back of the TV so you may need an extra long headphone cord. Hope this helps. Thanks, Mike Jones [ MICHAEL K Jan 20, 2014 ]
Yes there is a headphone port on the rear of the set. [ RONALD K Jan 20, 2014 ]
Although we haven't used headphones with this television, in the back of the TV near the area where the inputs are located is a headphone input. [ JEREMIAH K Jan 20, 2014 ]
yes [ THOMAS R Jan 20, 2014 ]
Yes, there is a port for headphones in the back of the set. [ WILLIAM Jan 20, 2014 ]
Yes there is a port for headphones. I use mine to plug my portable bose speaker into it. Excellent tv [ MICHAEL Jan 20, 2014 ]
To tell you the truth, the Samsung UN22F5000 I about in less than year is not working. For the last week, when I turn the TV on the image does not show up. I will turn on and turn it off to see if the image will come on, but no luck. It is just sitting in the room and need to send it back!!! I will not recommend you buying the TV. [ IHI Jan 20, 2014 ]
This 22 inch led TV is very good. God luck. [ RAFAEL Jan 20, 2014 ]
yes, the headphone input is on the back of the TV. Its marked by a headphone symbol. Check the back. [ RAFAEL Jan 20, 2014 ]
The element of dark vs. light within the image that adds visual quality and gives a detail that adds emphasis to the image quality. [ JOHN D. Dec 29, 2013 ]
Sorry, I don't own a tool for measuring foot-lambert, nor are manufacturer numbers for such standardized or reliable (and arn't even written on the box or device here). I only use mine for video games running on a Wii U, and the games at least are visually beautifully with wonderful color ranges. Pikmin 3 really looks like you could touch the environments. [ CYNTHIA Dec 28, 2013 ]
Hi Evan, I don't know what the contrast ratio is but the TV has the best picture in my house. Kathy M [ KATHY Dec 28, 2013 ]
To delete channels from the Added Channels list, follow these steps: 1. Select one or more channels in the Added Channels list using the up/down buttons and the Yellow (Select) button on your remote. 2. Press the TOOLS button on your remote. The Tools menu appears. 3. Select Delete in the Tools menu, and then press the ENTER button. [ Jeff Nov 24, 2013 ] Staff