USB & Remote Functions
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology
allows for a high dynamic contrast ratio and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing
multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. LED
Edge-Lighting also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and
greens, because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color
gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges
of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance
inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall,
this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and
greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Clear Motion Rate 120: Clear Motion Rate (CMR) is Samsung's
more comprehensive and accurate measure for how well the LED-LCD TV can display
fast-moving images. Previously, motion clarity was expressed simply by the
refresh rate, measured in Hz. CMR, however, takes into account all three factors
that contribute to motion clarity: panel refresh rate (60Hz), image processor
speed and backlight technology. CMR is measured by determining the thinnest line
a TV can display in a moving image. The thinner the line, the higher the CMR
rating, and the clearer the picture you'll enjoy on the screen.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus + Motion Lighting: With Wide Color
Enhancer Plus, you'll witness a wider spectrum of colors on the TV screen, just
like the director intended. You'll enjoy enriched colors while watching your
favorite movies, and shows, even if it's older, non-HD content. The TV automatically adjust the brightness of the
screen in response to the brightness of the room. In bright light, the screen
brightens. In dim light, the screen dims.
720p Resolution: The LED-LCD television displays all inputs
at a resolution of 720p (1366 x 768 ). The television's HDMI and component video
inputs will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
- HDMI (v.1.3): The Samsung H4000 series LED-LCD TV features
1.3 inputs. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this
- Component Video: The Samsung H4000 series LED-LCD TV features a
single component video input. The TV's component video input can also be
used as a composite video input (480i only).
Note: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable
(QAM) tuners with an RF-coaxial input, so you don't need a separate set-top box
to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustments for
an optimum picture.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture
and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture
more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the
arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to
fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with
pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing
when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are
- Smart View 1/2: Reduces the 16:9 picture by 50% (1)
or 25% (2).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments
to the picture.
- Dynamic: increases the brightness of the screen
(suitable for bright rooms)
- Standard: suitable for a normal environment
- Natural: useful for reducing eye strain
- Movie: darkens the screen and reduces glare
(appropriate for dark rooms)
- Entertain: sharpens images for a more dynamic
viewing experience (only available when connected to a computer)
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for
manually adjusting the picture quality.
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED
- Contrast: increases or decreases the contrast
between dark and light areas of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the
picture (not as effective as Backlight setting)
- Sharpness: sharpens or dulls the edges of objects
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the amount of green and red in
- Advanced Picture Settings: The TV also offers more
advanced picture adjustments for fine tuning.
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so
that the optimal contrast is provided
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen
to adjust the screen depth
- Flesh Tone: adjusts the amount of red in skin tones
- RGB Only Mode: displays the Red, Green, and Blue
color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available
to create the image (Auto/Native)
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for
more natural picture colors
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue)
- Picture Options: Additional picture options provide you
with a better viewing experience.
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the
televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Clean View: if the broadcast signal
received by the TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Clean View
feature to reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- MPEG Noise Filter: reduces MPEG noise to provide an
- HDMI Black Level: select the black level on the
screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected
via HDMI to the television
- LED Clear Motion: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of
movement to provide a clear picture
Note: You can adjust and store Picture Settings for
each external device connected to the TV or apply the settings to all
inputs and sources.
Film & Game Modes: The television provides Film & Game
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and
process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum
quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI
- Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game
console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD solves the problem of
playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. SRS TruSurround HD delivers
a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback
system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with
all multichannel formats.
5-Band EQ + Sound Modes: You can manually adjusts the TV's
built-in 5-band EQ (100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz) for a more
customized sound; or simply choose from the following Preset Sound Modes:
- Standard: Selects the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the
volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation
signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is
low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto
Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED-LCD television provides a
digital audio output and headphone jack.
- Digital Audio: The optical (toslink) digital
output terminal will output Dolby Digital/DTS (when available) or 2 channel
PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby
Digital/DTS when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from a digital
broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, and USB ports on the
LED-LCD TV. The optical digital audio output will only output in 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV
via HDMI or RCA.
- Headphone Jack: The TV is fitted with a rear-panel
3.5mm headphone jack to connect a set of headphones for private listening
(not suitable for connecting a soundbar speaker).
USB & Remote Functions
ConnectShare: ConnectShare enables you to view photo and
movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class
device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using the television's
USB (type-A) port. Files must be formatted in FAT or NTFS. The TV can recognize
up to 4,000 files and folders (2,000 files per folder).
- Video Playback: The TV supports the following Video
formats (MPEG, DivX, XviD, & H.264) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x
1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or
alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback
functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image
files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files
can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view.
Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a
frequency rate of 32/44.1/48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder
and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album, or Genre. Music files
can be repeated or shuffled in a selected folder.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to
operate the Samsung LED-LCD television and your connected Samsung Blu-ray
player. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a
button. This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, Volume,
and # 5 buttons for the visually impaired.
Firmware/Software Updates: Firmware/software upgrades can be
performed by downloading the latest firmware/software updates fromSamsung's Support
Site to a USB thumbdrive.
5-Way Joy Stick: The television is equipped with a 5-way
"joy stick" like button on the rear-panel that lets you control the TV without
the remote control.
Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature
automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You
can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA
rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program
Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Closed Captions (CC): The TV provides Analog Closed
Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable
text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and
HDMI input sources.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED-LCD
TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power
consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Eco Sensor: Samsung's unique Eco light sensor measures
the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the
brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the
screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This
feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the
TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the
Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power
consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off
(sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to
standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount
of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turn off
after 4 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating.
Timers: The Samsung H4000 series LED-LCD TV offers On/Off and Sleep
timers for your convenience.
- On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to
program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on
time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only
once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On
Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work
independently of one another.
- Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television
off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60,
90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
- Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a
still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the
user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation
of host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung H4000 series LED-LCD TV also provides a Self
Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and
- Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems. If the
problem appears in the test picture, select "Yes" and follow the directions
on the screen.
- Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for
sound problems. If the problem occurs during the test, select "Yes" and
follow the directions on the screen.
- Signal Test: An HD digital channel's reception quality
is either perfect or the channels are unavailable. Adjust your antenna to
increase signal strength.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand
unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied
hardware. The pedestal stand does not swivel. The television weighs
9.0 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back
for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes
is 100mm (h) x 100mm (v). The threaded
inserts require M4 (4mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs
8.2 lbs without the stand.
Note: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with
optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and
4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung H4000 series LED-LCD TV comes with
detachable AC power cord. The AC power cord sits 0.25" out from the rear-panel. The
AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public
place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington
Lock (sold separately). This TV has a slot on the rear-panel to accommodate a
Kensington Lock device.