Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
3D Blu-ray player with 4K upscaling and Wi-Fi®
Item # 305BDF7500 | MFR # BD-F7500/ZA
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Samsung BD-F7500 by Crutchfield's David Brown
The metallic silver band around the Samsung BD-F7500 tells you this is no ordinary Blu-ray player. With 4K video upscaling for Ultra HD TVs, this player is prepared to take your movies to the next level. With four times the resolution of Blu-ray's 1080p standard, 4K delivers exquisite detail even on massive displays. And though 4K might be a ways off for some of us, why not ensure your next Blu-ray player is ready for the revolution? Even on current HDTVs, the 'F7500 makes movies and shows look outstanding. Whether you're watching the latest 3D Blu-ray disc or an older DVD, your home theater will feel more like the theater than home.
Dual-core processor for quick response times
As Blu-ray discs are filled with more and more features and extras, disc loading times can be frustratingly long. That's why the 'F7500 features a dual-core processor, which lets this player operate at quicker speeds than most. Not only does it make discs load faster, but it speeds up your access to Internet sources like Netflix®, HuluPlus™, and YouTube™. You can take full advantage of this Wi-Fi-enabled player's host of Internet capabilities without needing endless patience to navigate them.
Much more than just a disc player
Your entertainment options go far beyond discs and Internet movie services with the 'F7500. If you own a Samsung smartphone or tablet, this player lets you stream content from your device to your TV. And Samsung's AllShare™ streaming works with compatible networked PCs to send home movies, digital music files, and photos right to your home theater. Plus, there's a convenient front-panel USB port — perfect for storing BD-Live bonus content, viewing photos or listening to music on a compact flash drive, or plugging in an adapter for a USB wireless keyboard for easy web surfing on your TV.
The handsome BD-F7500 features 4K video upscaling, built-in Wi-Fi, and a dual-core processor
Impressive connection options
With all the capabilities of HDMI, Blu-ray players are still often equipped with that single output for audio and video. Not so with the BD-F7500. It includes two HDMI outputs for sending audio to your home theater receiver and video directly to your HDTV. This configuration allows you to take advantage of this player's 3D video capabilities even if your receiver doesn't do 3D pass-through. And you can still enjoy the latest surround sound formats, for immersive movie soundtracks and explosive sound effects. Don't have an HDMI-compatible receiver? No problem — you can still do surround sound via the 'F7500's analog multichannel outputs or the optical digital output.
This 4K 3D player is amazing ! I am very happy with tghis purchase !
What's in the Box:
- Single-disc Blu-ray disc player
- Remote control (AK59-00167A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Important: Player Update Information" note
- plays 3D and standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs
- built-in Wi-Fi for playing TV shows and movies from Netflix, HuluPlus, and YouTube (subscriptions required for some services)
- 4K video upscaling for use with Ultra HDTVs
- dual-core processor for faster loading of video media and web content
- AllShare lets you stream photos/videos/music from a compatible Windows® PC
- BD-Live and BonusView support for added bonus features with compatible discs (requires external USB storage device)
- rips CD to MP3 files with a USB storage device
- stream content and mirror screens from compatible Samsung smartphones and tablets
- on-board web browser
- remote control
- plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- selectable video resolution up to 1080p and 4K (Ultra High Definition) via HDMI ("MAIN") output (requires compatible display, only upscales HD signals to 4K)
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- front-panel USB port for use with external storage devices or wireless keyboard
- 2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals ("SUB" HDMI output does not output video signal)
- optical digital audio output
- 7.1-channel RCA audio outputs
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- dimensions: 16-15/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Samsung BD-F7500 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
Features and Specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD||No|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Vudu,Hulu,Amazon,Y|
|Smartphone App Control||No|
|DVD Video Upconversion||720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4K|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||None|
|Analog Audio Outputs||7.1ch|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||None|
Disc Compatibility: The Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-ROM, BD-3D, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW|
Blu-ray Disc Overview: Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a high-definition disc format designed to take advantage of today's high quality HDTVs. The resolution is up to 1920 x 1080 (1080p) and the data transfer rate is up to 40 mbps. Blu-ray Discs and players offer several advantages over the standard DVD format:
- Better Picture Quality: Blu-ray Disc is a true high-definition format offering video at 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 1080/24p resolution. While standard DVDs look very good on an HDTV, they don't provide a high-definition signal (not even when you use an up-converting DVD player). Blu-ray Disc delivers an extraordinarily sharp, clean, detailed picture, with deeper, richer colors.
- Better Sound Quality: In addition to the same multi-channel sound formats you're accustomed to with DVD (Dolby Digital and DTS), Blu-ray Disc offers Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and uncompressed 7.1 channel PCM.
- Greater Storage Capacity: What makes Blu-ray Disc's superior picture and sound possible is the much higher storage capacity of Blu-ray Disc discs. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25 gigabytes of data, over five times the amount a standard DVD can hold. Dual-layer Blu-ray Discs hold 50 gigabytes, which equates to nine hours of High Definition or 23 hours of Standard Definition video, plus high-resolution multi-channel audio and the added features and material that require multiple discs with standard DVD.
- Backward Compatible: To ensure backward-compatibility with your existing library of discs, Blu-ray Disc players use a dual-laser mechanism: a blue laser for playing high-definition Blu-ray Discs, and a conventional red laser for playing DVDs and audio CDs.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. The BD-F7500 is Blu-ray region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware/Software Upgrade: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet. The player's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the player's software & firmware for these performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade via Network or USB.
Note: The tested Samsung Blu-ray player contained firmware version BSP-F7500WWB-1003.2 (as of 3/28/2013). Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
Video File Support: The Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-ray disc player supports the following video files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD-R discs.
|Video Codec||Resolution||Frame Rate||Bitrate||Audio Codec|
|H.264 BP/MP/HP||1920 x 1080||6-30 fps||30 Mbps||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS (Core), LPCM, AAC, HE-AAC, WMA, MP3|
Music File Support: The Samsung BD-F7500 Blu-ray disc player supports the following music files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-R, and CD-R/RW discs.
|Audio Codec||Sampling Rates (kHz)||Bitrate (kbps)|
|MP3 (.mp3)||N/A||up to 320 kbps|
|WMA (.wma)||8, 11, 16, 22, 32, 44.1, or 48||5-455|
Photo File Support: The Samsung BD-F5100 Blu-ray disc player supports the following still-image files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-R, and CD-R/RW discs.
|JPEG (.jpeg/.jpg/.jpe)||15,360 x 8,640|
USB Port (with ripping): The Samsung Blu-ray disc player features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows playback of MP3/WMA audio files, JPEG/PNG still-image files, and MKV video files stored on a USB mass storage class device. Your USB device must be formatted in FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS. The player also allows you to rip CD-Audio to USB. The ripping function converts CD audio from an inserted disc to the MP3 format and saves the converted files on a USB device connected to the Blu-ray player. In addition, the USB port also allows you to perform software upgrades using a USB flash drive. In addition, it can be used to add more local storage for BD-Live content.
Note: A USB device consuming more than 500mA requires a separate power supply device for normal operation.
Dual HDMI Outputs: The Samsung Blu-ray player is equipped with dual HDMI (v.1.4) outputs for separating audio and video signals (the "Sub" HDMI output does not output video signal). HDMI simplifies A/V connections by carrying video and digital audio all in one cable. You can choose to use the dual HDMI outputs to send video only to your HDTV and audio only to your A/V receiver. The HDMI output resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4K when playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc.
Note: The Blu-ray player provides no analog video outputs.
4K Video Up-conversion: When connected to your TV using the HDMI output, the BD-F7500 scales the output of a standard DVD signal to HD-compatible 720p, 1080i, 1080p, or 4K (3,840 x 2,160). 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition content. The unit also supports 480p and 480i output if your television is not HD-compatible.
Note: To enjoy 4K, you must have a compatible 4K television.
1080/24p: Movies are typically filmed at 24 frames per second and some Blu-ray Discs use the same frame rate. If your TV will accept a 1080/24p signal, the BD-F7500 can pass the signal in its native form, without converting the video.
Progressive Mode: The Samsung Blu-ray disc player provides a Progressive mode to improve picture quality when viewing a DVD movie.
Full HD 3D: The Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-ray disc player supports 3D playback of high-definition 3D Blu-ray discs when connected to a 3D-Ready HDTV via HDMI, along with wearing a pair 3D vision glasses. You can select from three 3D modes to suit your viewing needs.
- Auto: Automatically detects the 3D capability of your connected TV and play a 3D Blu-ray disc in 3D or 2D accordingly.
- 3D-to-3D: 3D Blu-ray disc played in 3D mode regardless of your connected TV. When your connected TV does not support 3D, you may see a black screen.
- 3D-to-2D: 3D Blu-ray disc is played in 2D image at all times. Choose this to view a 3D Blu-ray disc without 3D effect.
Deep/x.v.Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The BD-F7500 must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function. The BD-F7500 also supports x.v.Color; meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs, such as AVCHD discs (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format).
Picture Settings: The BD-F7500 offers various Picture Settings to match your TV and fit your viewing needs.
- Screen Size: You can enter the actual screen size (up to 116") of your TV, so that the player can adjust the image according to the screen size and display an optimal image.
- TV Aspect: You can adjust the video output of the BD-F7500 to match the screen-type of your television. You can choose from 4:3 Letter-Box, 4:3 Pan-Scan, 16:9 Wide, and 16:9 Normal.
- Picture Modes: This function enables you to adjust video
quality when the player is connected to your TV.
- Standard: Suitable for most viewing applications.
- Movie: Suitable for watching movies.
- Dynamic: Increases sharpness.
- User: Lets you adjust the sharpness and noise reduction function manually.
BD Wise: BD Wise is Samsung's latest inter-connectivity feature. When you connect Samsung products with BD-Wise to each other via HDMI, the optimum resolution will be set automatically. It will also automatically optimize internet video by boosting image quality to sharpen imagery and ensure text is legible. BD Wise will even resize the video ratio so that video edges are not cropped off.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Decoding: The BD-F7500 can decode the following Dolby Digital/DTS surround formats; Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio. The player must be connected to a Dolby Digital/DTS surround AV receiver which also supports these same formats via optical or HDMI input.
Digital Output/Surround Mode Chart: You can set the unit's Digital Output (HDMI or Optical) to match the capabilities of your connected AV receiver.
|Disc Type||Audio Stream||PCM||Bitstream (Unprocessed)||Bitstream (Re-encode)|
|HDMI||Optical||HDMI||Optical||HDMI or Optical|
|Blu-ray||PCM||up to 7.1ch||2ch||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital Plus||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby TrueHD||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby TrueHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HRA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD HRA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HD MA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD MA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 5.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||DTS|
Audio Adjustments: The Blu-ray disc player provides the following audio adjustments.
- PCM Downsampling: This feature lets you choose to have 96kHz PCM signals downsampled to 48kHz before they are output to your AV receiver.
- Downmixing Mode: This feature lets you select the multichannel downmix method that is compatible with your stereo receiver. You can choose to have the player downmix to normal stereo or to surround compatible stereo.
- DTS Neo:6 Mode: You can enjoy multichannel sound via the HDMI output from a 2 channel audio source.
- Dynamic Range Control: When movie soundtracks are played at low volume or from smaller speakers, the system can apply appropriate compression to make low-level content more intelligible and prevent dramatic passages from getting too loud. This is only active when a Dolby Digital signal is detected.
- Audio Sync: In some cases when the player is connected to a TV, the audio signal may not synchronize with the video signal. If this occurs, adjust the audio delay time to match the video signal. You can set the audio delay time between 0 msec and 200 msec.
Speaker Settings: The Samsung Blu-ray player lets you select the size, level, and distance of the speakers you have in your system.
- Size: Select Large or Small for each speaker you have in your system.
- Level: Adjusts the relative loudness of each speaker from -6 to +6dB.
- Distance: Adjusts the relative distance of each speaker from the listening position, up to 30'.
Analog + Digital Outputs: The Samsung Blu-ray disc player is equipped with both analog (7.1ch RCA) and digital (optical) outputs.
- 7.1ch Analog Outputs: The Blu-ray player is fitted with 7.1ch analog outputs to connect to your AV receiver's multi-channel inputs.
- Digital Audio Output: The Blu-ray disc player features a digital optical (toslink) output. The player's audio menu allows you to select the digital audio format that is passed through the optical digital output; bitstream (Dolby Digital or DTS) or 2-channel PCM.
Samsung's Dual Core Processor: Samsung's Dual Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables faster web browsing and application access.
Network Connection (wired/wireless): You can set up the Samsung Blu-ray player so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired connection (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, One Foot, or Manually.
Note: The Blu-ray player's built-in WiFi supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N wireless LAN networks and WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) network security.
WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung Blu-ray player without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
AllShare/DLNA Certified: The Samsung Blu-ray disc player's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (MPEG), photos (JPEG/PNG/BMP/MPO), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/WAV) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free at www.samsung.com. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
Screen Mirroring: This Screen Mirroring function lets you view the screen of your WiFi-enabled Samsung Android smart phone or tablet on your TV you have connected to the Samsung Blu-ray player.
Samsung Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung Blu-ray player to your home network, you gain access to Samsung Apps. Samsung Apps lets you download for pay or free-of-charge applications and services to the Blu-ray player. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloadable applications; such as videos, music, photos, games, and news. Samsung Apps has a growing collection of pay and free-of-charge online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content; such as movies from Netflix or Vudu, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter.
- Movies: Watch movies and TV shows on Netflix (5.1ch), Vudu, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow, and other online service providers.
- Music: Listen to music from Pandora or vTuner.
- Social Networks: Share your thoughts and comments about a program on the air through social networking services; such as Twitter, Facebook, & Google Talk. You can post messages and comments in the same manner as you would using a computer. You also have access to YouTube & Picasa.
- News & Weather: Includes apps that provide information content; such as news (USA Today), weather (AccuWeather), and more.
- Fitness: Fitness is an application that helps you stay fit. Create a profile, set up an exercise plan, and start exercising according to a structured regimen.
- Kids: A recommended list for applications and content that is suitable for children and even provides services not currently installed on the TV. Using Kids, you can download applications and content for your children to your TV. Certain services, however, are fee-based.
Note: Samsung Apps require an Internet connection with a speed of 1.5mbps or greater. Some application services may be provided in English only and the content available may vary, depending on your area. Visit Samsung's App Store for a complete list of available Samsung Apps.
Link Service Accounts: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link your player to your accounts with Internet services (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.) so that the player can log you into the service automatically when you start the app for that service.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages using Google or Bing. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also save "Favorite" web pages and create a "Home" page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen.
Note: The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The BD-F7500 features an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi to connect to the internet via your home network, and features USB (type-A) port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's USB slot in order to download content from BD-Live.
Smart Hub: The Blu-ray player features Smart Hub, an interactive on-screen menu system. With Smart Hub, you can surf the web, download applications, and stay in touch with family and friends through social networking services. In addition, you can enjoy photo, video & music files stored on external storage devices. The new Smart Hub interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels.
- Apps: Samsung Apps offers an extensive collection of free and paid news, sports, weather, social, and gaming content you can directly download to and enjoy on your TV.
- Movies & TV Shows: Purchase and watch movies and TV shows from an online service provider. You can browse content by Favorites, Featured, Movies, TV Shows, or Purchased.
- Photos/Videos/Music: Play back photo, video, and music files from an inserted disc, external USB device, or network storage drive.
- Recommend: A list of useful and popular apps Samsung recommends.
- Settings: Provides access to the Blu-ray player's setup menu.
Quick Start: Quick Start speeds up the load time on movies, so discs start faster after they're inserted into the Blu-ray player. The Samsung Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 0.5 seconds in Quick Start mode (8.1 seconds in normal mode). In Quick Start mode, it takes approximately 15.7 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback (19.1 seconds in normal mode).
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
Energy Star: Energy Star qualified products meet strict energy-efficiency specifications set by the government. This Samsung Blu-ray player meets the 2013 Energy Star criteria for energy use. See energystar.gov for more information.
Parental Lock: The Parental Lock function works in conjunction with Blu-ray Disc/DVDs that have been assigned a rating which helps you control the types of Blu-ray Discs/DVDs that your family watches. There are up to 8 ratings levels on a disc. The rating levels are protected by a customer user 4-digit password. You can also restrict access to inappropriate web pages by allowing access only to the web sites you have registered.
Screen Saver: If you leave the player in the stop mode for more than 5 minutes without using it, a screen saver will appear on the TV. If the player is left in the screen saver more for more than 20 minutes, the power will automatically turn off.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on Samsung TVs. The remote controls the TV's power on/off, input select, and volume up/down. The playback controls of the remote are glow-in-the-dark. The remote provides direct button access to Netflix. This remote control also has Braille points on the Power and #5 buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect this player to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Blu-ray player will also support a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) through its front-panel USB port. This make web browsing much simpler.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
9 questions already asked
No. It is for playback only. [ DAVID May 11, 2015 ]
thank you all.Enter an answer to this question. [ Anne May 11, 2015 ]
No. This is only for playback. [ VICTOR R May 11, 2015 ]
It is just a player not a recorder. [ JOHNNY May 11, 2015 ]
Player only [ STEVEN May 11, 2015 ]
NO-This is a player only not a recorder device. [ RONALD May 10, 2015 ]
This is not a recorder [ JAMES G May 10, 2015 ]
No, read only. You need like a DVD burner to record it [ BRYAN MARK May 10, 2015 ]
It does not support Plex Media Server. HD audio formats it can play are FLAC, WAV etc but only up to 24 bit rate. I tried 32 and 64 bit rate at 96khz and 192khz it did not play. Thanks Joseph [ JOSEPH Mar 30, 2015 ]
#2) Yes, the Oppo can play Flac 24/192 from USB stick or external USB HDD [ PAUL A Mar 27, 2015 ]
Sorry I can't answer your questions, I only use the player for BR and DVD playback. [ VICTOR R Mar 25, 2015 ]
I can't answer that, I don't use a keyboard with my TV. [ VICTOR R Jan 05, 2015 ]
I can't help you much on this as I've never used a keyboard with my player but it is a awesome player on 3D , blue ray and movies! [ GENE Jan 05, 2015 ]
Sorry, I can't answer your question, Im a Comcast guy and don't use FIOS. VB [ VICTOR R Nov 09, 2014 ]
The Netflix App on the Samsung BD-F7500 usually works great. I have the BD player linked over a wired connection to the home network to ensure the best transfer speeds. Not sure what issues you experienced with Panasonic, but I will note that I have experienced a common loading hang or error when I try to resume video from a prior viewing. Returning to the Samsung Home screen & reloading the Netflix App clears the problem up. Had a similar issues with my older LG BD player, too. Not sure if is due to how Netflix handles requests from 3rd party apps or if it just our local internet. [ MICHAEL Sep 21, 2014 ]
I have not used this player for Netflix. [ JOHNNY Sep 21, 2014 ]
We have the Samsung blu-ray player in our family room (set-up with an Infinity surround sound system that we also bought from Crutchfield) and have had no problems connecting to Netflix using this player. Hope that is helpful. DSV [ DEBORAH S Sep 21, 2014 ]
Nope. Works very well. [ Guest Sep 21, 2014 ]
I don't currently have Netflix, but have no problem with Amazon, Hulu and Vudu. [ BARBARA J Sep 21, 2014 ]
we had no problems connecting to Netflix, however, I did have connection problems with MLB.COM.... it would stop a lot every few minutes, went to Apple TV and all is well.... use the Samsung for disk only. [ PAUL Sep 21, 2014 ]
Julie, If you go to the Crutchfield site and then go to the Samsung BD-F7500 and hit the Details Tab it states and lists all the formats it supports. Additionally on the same Details Tab on the right side there is a section the says "Whats In The Box", there you can download the users manual which provides more detail on page 35. I haven't personally played music on the two BD-F7500's I own but based on all the info it certainly appears it does. Vic [ VICTOR R Sep 18, 2014 ]
I haven't tried. Sorry I couldn't help [ EDWARD Sep 18, 2014 ]
There is some noise when playing, but it is very minimal. As you are likely to have the volume at an adequate level and not be sitting right next to the player, you wont be able to hear it spinning. [ JOSHUA Jan 21, 2014 ]
I don't hear mine at all - very quiet. [ Lawrence Jan 13, 2014 ]
I haven't noticed the noise [ CHRIS J Jan 11, 2014 ]
I had to get close to it to hear 3 sec of spin..... very quiet [ PAUL Jan 11, 2014 ]
I AJ e ones it for over 2 months. The disc drive is quite as a mouse and loads Blu-Ray movies fast. very pleased [ JOSEPH L Jan 11, 2014 ]
VERY quiet. [ WILLIAM F Jan 11, 2014 ]
It is extremely quiet. I carried the experiment to answer your question: - watching a movie you cannot hear it - TV on mute sitting on the couch you cannot hear it unless you are really focused on trying to hear it spin - on mute my ear 10 inch away, you can hear it spin quietly. Hope this helps. [ BERTRAND Jan 11, 2014 ]
The Samsung BD-F7500 is and has been quite remarkable for me. As for the question of noise, there is none, unless you lay your ear on the device. I can hear the tray open and close, but that is the same as with any other device like it. [ JIM Jan 11, 2014 ]
Thanks for your response [ Raj Jan 06, 2014 ]
ABSOLUTLEY [ ROBERT A Jan 06, 2014 ]
I use my Apple TV to access YouTub e so I am not a good source of info for you. [ ROB A Jan 06, 2014 ]
Thanks for your question. For information on comparing two or more models I would recommend reaching out to an Advisor by phone or online chat. They will be able to help determine which models have the features you are looking for. [ Jeff Jan 04, 2014 ] Staff